barryboymunro

Reaction score
Handicap
Can anyone tell me if they’ve had a similar issue with their vokeys? Mine are starting to get small holes in them all over the head. It’s almost like they are porous. They were not all bought at the same time so it’s not from the same batch as such.

Titleist asked me to send them in for a look but just interested to know your thoughts.

b5940684a94ff3036284275144203fb1.jpg

76c24004c47d6395d86c0cb5b734a139.jpg

ac8d478863dcf27dc7792914fb7e67ba.jpg

3ae81043f9da164353680bd968547f11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contact Titleist CS, that's a bit strange imo.

Did they look like that new? Wonder if it's from range balls, I have had irons get pock mark type imperfections from them.

That is very different, have never seen anything like that before. Be interesting to see what they have to say.

I've always owned Vokeys and have never seen them look like this. I doubt it affects performance though? Just aesthetically displeasing I guess.
I'd be interested in seeing what they say.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did they look like that new? Wonder if it's from range balls, I have had irons get pock mark type imperfections from them.

No there was no issues from new but they were only purchased in February. They are the black raw version so not sure if this was a contributing factor. I shall update you once I send them off to Titleist. I highly doubt it’s performance affecting but they don’t look so good.

Can anyone tell me if they’ve had a similar issue with their vokeys? Mine are starting to get small holes in them all over the head. It’s almost like they are porous. They were not all bought at the same time so it’s not from the same batch as such.

Titleist asked me to send them in for a look but just interested to know your thoughts.

b5940684a94ff3036284275144203fb1.jpg

76c24004c47d6395d86c0cb5b734a139.jpg

ac8d478863dcf27dc7792914fb7e67ba.jpg

3ae81043f9da164353680bd968547f11.jpg

Looks like a defect in the steel itself. A bad batch IMHO. Looks like some impurities in the Steel itself.

Wow that doesn’t look good at all. Very strange. Let us know what Titleist says!

... It looks like you striped the head? If so, what did you use? If you used some kind of harsh chemicals, that could be the culprit. I don't use chemicals in any part of my life if I can possibly avoid it, and the is why I used white vinegar to strip my Black SM7. Didn't do as good a job as some harsher chemical alternatives, but did a good enough job to look pretty close to raw.

Another longtime Vokey user that has never seen this.

... It looks like you striped the head? If so, what did you use? If you used some kind of harsh chemicals, that could be the culprit. I don't use chemicals in any part of my life if I can possibly avoid it, and the is why I used white vinegar to strip my Black SM7. Didn't do as good a job as some harsher chemical alternatives, but did a good enough job to look pretty close to raw.

No never stripped them, I intended to do it and I’d have used coke like I had before but not this time.

I was wondering the same thing, that looks like raw metal on those clubs. They don't look like any of my SM7's and I have one of each finish.

Wow that's really weird. If it was just in the center of the face I would say maybe you picked up some small rock debris on the range or something but for it to be all over the club it has to be a defect of some kind.

It is weird, but I think it could still be from sand/dirt - even on the bottom of the club. Who knows for sure though.

Looks to me some contamination in the casting mold that became part of the club. That contamination was either soft or not well bonded to the metal, which is why after some use contamination has disappeared and left these pit marks. That's just my guess though.

Absolutely send them to titleist to take a look and let us know what they tell you and how it is handled.

It's definitely a contamination in the steel. I've seen it before and have actually created it before on other things. I'm sure Titleist will just send you a new set as a replacement.

They are on their way to Titleist so I’ll report back. I gave them a clean before I sent them and there are hundreds of holes in them, when dirty there looks much less.

Are you sure they're not knockoffs? And just to be clear, these are SM7s?

Must be some type of manufacturing defect. Hopefully it doesn't put you out very much, if anything.

They're speed dimples. :D

I'm curious to see what Titleist says about them. I've owned Vokey wedges for as long as I can remember, and I've never seen one pit like that. It's definitely a casting defect.

I have received the wedges back from Titleist with a reply which I am not too pleased with. Don’t know where I go from here but their theory of me using a substance on the wedges is wide of the mark.
618441a4a49b1bc5af024a8537eec226.jpg

That's crap. Your beef isn't with the finish, it is with the holes in the metal. They seem to have misunderstood the nature of your warranty claim.

Thanks for sharing. I presume you will follow up with them further. Please keep us posted.

Go to bed Vokey wedges. You're drunk.

Back