Best innovation in golf, last 10 years?

The answers in here are great - I'll toss another vote out there for the launch monitor technology. Because it is largely available to all (whether through a fitter, friend, etc) people can see the tangible benefits of a club/ball on the good shots and the misses.

At first thought I'd go with Hybrids. They have made it so much easier to reach those longer distances with less effort and better accuracy for so many people. The more I think about it though launch monitors are a close second. The ability to get a fitting and find the shaft and club for your swing is huge.

The exponentially growing wealth of REAL data generated by launch monitors and systems like Arcos etc... Myths busted, realistic truths revealed, performance enhanced etc... and were just at the tip of the iceberg IMO.

The exponentially growing wealth of REAL data generated by launch monitors and systems like Arcos etc... Myths busted, realistic truths revealed, performance enhanced etc... and were just at the tip of the iceberg IMO.

This is a good one!

Adjustable drivers
Hollow driving irons

On the teaching side: apps like V1 golf where you can draw lines to illustrate positions

Sent from HTX

I would go wth adjustable driver heads. Now players can buy one driver and can instantly tweak it however they want. The guessing which loft to get isn't as big of a deal (but still very important) and it allows companies to produce less SKUs. It also gives players an easier time trying out different shafts. They can just tip and grip it, vs having someone use heat to remove the shaft from the head each time you want to switch it up.

A lot of great answers here. Something that hasn't been mentioned that makes my rounds more enjoyable is...

Modern Push Carts - I use the ClicGear because I love to walk; if the course is walkable. The new push carts available make walking so much easier.

Hollow body iron progression. Not as flyer'y. Not as terrible sounding. Accurate. Smaller.

It's a blade that isn't a blade. Magical.

The ability to make the ball speed forgiveness once reserved for hy-rons available in irons that would fool most anyone is simply massive.

I'm not sure you can say anything except how far launch monitors have come, though. It quantifies so many new technologies in terms of shaft and fitting.

Back