Loft adjustment on Forged Club

henrysdadda

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi All,

I have just purchased a set of Callaway Razr XF Forged Irons 5-SW w/ R300 shafts.
As these are old stock the Gap Wedge was not available and being left handed finding one is proving to be an issue.

I missed out on an Auction Last night from America (im UK based) - unfortunately fell asleep and didn't increase my ebay bid! :angry:

I have found one in Germany but it has a graphite shaft (which I suppose I could get replaced) but I have also find a SW (correct shaft).
Would it be possible to have this bent 4 degrees strong? 54-50 degrees

I appreciate this would adjust the bounce by the same figure - currently has 13.5/14 degree bounce - this I presume would reduce to 10 ish with the loft adjustment (similar to the PW)

Just wondered what the best option is, don't have any experience in adjusting/building - thanks in advance.

Bending 4 degrees strong will take off 4 degrees of bounce (make it more likely to dig) and will add some offset to the club. It's really not recommended to move more than 2* because of the way it will affect bounce and offset.

I personally wouldn't bend a club 4* because of the chance it will break and would much rather spend the extra money to get the correct one reshafted.

Edit: wow maybe I should have read more than half your post and I wouldn't tell you stuff you already know.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

4 degrees is an awful lot to bend. I have also always heard that no more than 2 degree adjustment was kind of the standard.

You might be able to get someone to bend them that far, but they will probably tell you they wont be responsible if something breaks.

I, personally, would not bend that far, but admittedly I'm not a huge proponent of bending for loft anyways. 4* is a LOT to adjust for loft and it will likely hange how the club plays pretty massively.

4 degrees is an awful lot to bend. I have also always heard that no more than 2 degree adjustment was kind of the standard.

A fitter told me once that you don't want to go more than 2º.

Thank you all - I thought this would be the case.
It may be better all round to purchase the graphite and re-shaft.

I would purchase a Mack Daddy 50 degree - but really don't want to go Razr PW, Mack Daddy 50, Razr SW (54), Mack Daddy 58!
Think that would annoy me in the long term - lol

... If it is a soft carbon steel, there is no problem bending it 4*. I had a guy send me a wedge that was bent 6* strong and he wanted it bent bak to standard, although he was shocked to hear it was 6* off. I told him I could do it but would not be responsible if the hosel broke. Felt pretty strange bending it 6* but it was no problem. That said, you're basically changing it one full club, so everything about the design will be changed and negated. Not something I would ever do and as others have stated for performance reasons, 2* is as far as I would change the loft on a wedge.

Back