powerbilt TPS gloves anyone use them?

Tandy

Reaction score
Handicap
powerbilt TPS cabretta tour glove anyone use them? any good? durable?

I bought a bunch on closeout for about 4.00 each earlier this year. I've found them to be very average. Not especially durable but for the price they're not bad.

I'll state for the record that I swing hard, sweat profusely, and generally just tear up gloves. If it's hot out I'll sweat through several gloves a round. I typically get about 4 full rounds per glove before they're worn out. I'd say these are average for wear. They feel pretty good though. If the price is right, go for it. Plus everyone is going to think they're TaylorMade and TP5, lol. I thought they were at first until they arrived and I saw PowerBilt was the brand and the thought "5" was actually an "S".

I bought a bunch on closeout for about 4.00 each earlier this year. I've found them to be very average. Not especially durable but for the price they're not bad.

I'll state for the record that I swing hard, sweat profusely, and generally just tear up gloves. If it's hot out I'll sweat through several gloves a round. I typically get about 4 full rounds per glove before they're worn out. I'd say these are average for wear. They feel pretty good though. If the price is right, go for it. Plus everyone is going to think they're TaylorMade and TP5, lol. I thought they were at first until they arrived and I saw PowerBilt was the brand and the thought "5" was actually an "S".

Thanks, that's about what I was wondering. I can buy a 3 pack for 15 from eBay with a coupon code

Just wondering, what glove do you use that is better and more durable and still has soft feel?

I'm at work so I'll have to look up the model number later but I bought a bunch of closeout Nike gloves the same time I ordered these (I think I got them on Dicks Thursday sale online last winter). Those have truly been the only ones that I've ever been impressed with their durability. I'm probably 10-12 rounds into my latest one and I don't ever remember any other type lasting that many rounds. I've been getting 15ish rounds out of them, plus a few range sessions.

I'm not saying that the TPS isn't ok, it just didn't knock my socks off. But for 4.00 it was a good value.

About soft feel is, I recall trying a cheap wilson glove once and I could almost have played with my leather work glove with the same feel and results!

Feel is not bad. My main concern with my sweaty self is durability. It was average there. It felt pretty good but did seem to get slick especially quick when it gets wet from perspiration.

It's a decent glove and if you're 5.00 all in per each I'd say go for it.

For a soft full leather glove I like the MG Dynagrips off of Amazon. Usually they are about $8. I recently bought the Finger 10 and they are fine, but the leather is a bit thicker.

Back