What Would you Pay for a Hole in One?

Would not pay but achieving one is priceless.

I've got one, so I wouldn't pay for a followup.

Besides, if you pay for it, it would lose all the magic.

I am really not sure there's a number I would throw out there to get one, but mostly because I am under the impression my luck is allocated to other parts of my life -- Not getting a hole in one is just kind of my thing at this point as the balls bounce around the cup and never in it. Kind of how I justify 25 years of golf with only one hole out beyond 100 yards.

That said, I'd probably pay a hefty amount (when the wife wasn't looking) to see my dad get a hole in one during the next calendar year. I'm thinking thousands. He's played this game far too long to not have a hole in one, despite his father having like six.

Intriguing. Is a hole in one off a rock or thinned iron useless? Hardly earned.
Of the four I have witnessed three have been awful got shots other than the fact they managed to go in the hole.

Pretty funny really.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

zero dollars and zero cents. the entire reason is to have the satisfaction of doing it. not only that, i don't want my hole-in-one to be some skanked shot that just happens to roll into the cup; i want it to be pured, on the line and shot shape that i intend.

I wouldn't, try my hardest to get one is more of a reward personally .

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't pay for one. I'd happily pay the bar tab if I got one, but it's not a something I'd pay to have happen. I want one to just organically happen...or not.

zero dollars and zero cents. the entire reason is to have the satisfaction of doing it. not only that, i don't want my hole-in-one to be some skanked shot that just happens to roll into the cup; i want it to be pured, on the line and shot shape that i intend.
This doesn't matter to me. Mine can bounce off the Marshal cart as he's driving by the green oblivious to anyone on the tee box.

Kind of how I justify 25 years of golf with only one hole out beyond 100 yards.
The very first time I played, I holed out from around 110 yards. Of course, I shot 140 that day. So for me it was honestly all about luck and no skill whatsoever. The guy I play with routinely just got his first hole in one after playing for roughly 30 years and he's a low handicap golfer. If you haven't had one in 25 years of golf, and he hadn't had one in 30 years of golf ... there is probably no way I can expect one ... unless I get lucky. But every yard further away that hole gets, the less likely I'm to get it.

So would I pay for one? I'm a cheapskate so the answer is still no.

I would pay $100 as there are some skin matches I play in that usually have a lot of holes carrying over when we get on 17 :)

That said, I'd probably pay a hefty amount (when the wife wasn't looking) to see my dad get a hole in one during the next calendar year. I'm thinking thousands. He's played this game far too long to not have a hole in one, despite his father having like six.

I feel the same way about my mom. her best friend has 6 and shes been 1 rotation numerous times. she deserves it more than i do

I wouldn't pay for one, because I want the element of surprise to remain for that first one. If I knew it was coming, I think it would ruin the moment for me.

I wouldn't want to know that I'm guaranteed a hole in one, I think it would take away from the excitement and surprise that comes when someone hits one.

No way they come some times at the most unexpected times which makes them so special

I wouldn't pay for one, because I want the element of surprise to remain for that first one. If I knew it was coming, I think it would ruin the moment for me.

Let's assume you play 50 rounds a year... Wouldn't the surprise of which round be enough?

It's not worth buying for me. The ability to continue to hunt for it is worth a hell of a lot more. If and when that day comes I really hope I'm joined by some THP friends and family though.

Let's assume you play 50 rounds a year... Wouldn't the surprise of which round be enough?
Not for me. I'd rather have it happen (if it ever happens) completely unexpectedly. Might be this year, might be next year. Might not ever happen.

This doesn't matter to me. Mine can bounce off the Marshal cart as he's driving by the green oblivious to anyone on the tee box.
Mine was of this variety. I am not complaining one iota but I have to admit that it would have been really nice to actually hit one well and see it go in the hole.

Heck no! My local expectations are that if you make a hole in one, you have to take ur playing partners out to dinner...all expenses included lol. And depending on whose playing with me I've wished some Aces away :).

ive yet to have one though so who knows

The cost would be the green fees and that is it. No celebrations or extra tips , just memories for a lifetime

ive had 3 . But for how well I hit my irons at times I should've had 16 at least. So many within tap in for me

I would only pay money to never hit a hole in one while playing alone.

Still wouldn't be enough in my opinion. If it didn't happen in the first 10 rounds, then I know it is coming in the next 40.

I want it be pure shock. Very few unadulterated surprises left in the world and I want this to be one of them.

Interesting question.

I always think I will get a hole in one on every par 3 hole I play. I am surprised that it does't happen, really!

:laughing:

Back