Breakthrough Golf Technology Stability Shaft

Got the review shaft in, sadly I had an issue with my m5x (spud broke in the hosel) which housed the shaft I bought so its delayed a couple things as I regroup what I'm moving and installing these in. One will go into my mFGP PR and the other will be installed in the SeeMore Diving Board proto. Both will be going to Bay Hill and Grand Cypress and be available for 50+ guys to try should they want to, so we are going to have an influx of feedback beyond mine (which I'll start on tonight) coming very soon.

I'll also get into the design tonight. Again, it's not just a UST knockoff, there is legit research and development in this one as for going beyond the feel benefits. Ill say this having gamed one a while now, the stability name was wisely chosen. Many are likely scoffing like I was about how a putting stroke can use or need more stability in the shaft, but after using one I'm a believer. More soon. Promise.

Got the review shaft in, sadly I had an issue with my m5x (spud broke in the hosel) which housed the shaft I bought so its delayed a couple things as I regroup what I'm moving and installing these in. One will go into my mFGP PR and the other will be installed in the SeeMore Diving Board proto. Both will be going to Bay Hill and Grand Cypress and be available for 50+ guys to try should they want to, so we are going to have an influx of feedback beyond mine (which I'll start on tonight) coming very soon.

I'll also get into the design tonight. Again, it's not just a UST knockoff, there is legit research and development in this one as for going beyond the feel benefits. Ill say this having gamed one a while now, the stability name was wisely chosen. Many are likely scoffing like I was about how a putting stroke can use or need more stability in the shaft, but after using one I'm a believer. More soon. Promise.

Really looking forward to what everyone has to say about this one. I feel like this is one of those things where a group review makes a ton of sense.

It’s definitely out of the box and not something I’d think of something that would make a huge difference, but I don’t know if that’s just part of the fact that I’ve never pitted with anything other than your standard stepped stew shaft.

Really looking forward to what everyone has to say about this one. I feel like this is one of those things where a group review makes a ton of sense.

It’s definitely out of the box and not something I’d think of something that would make a huge difference, but I don’t know if that’s just part of the fact that I’ve never pitted with anything other than your standard stepped stew shaft.
I was a huge pessimist. But, I was curious after reading all the other reviews out there already on it. Add in its Barney Adams, add in Tom Watson is using it and Rosey had it in play for a round as well, there has to be something there, right?

I believe so.

I was a huge pessimist. But, I was curious after reading all the other reviews out there already on it. Add in its Barney Adams, add in Tom Watson is using it and Rosey had it in play for a round as well, there has to be something there, right?

I believe so.

I was wondering if that’s what I saw Watson using. Cool to see it getting some adoption.

Now curing in the mFGP PR and Diving Board Proto!

I tried the Frequency Filtered shaft. I didn't notice any difference. I suppose it would depend on the putter head, i.e., material it is made of, whether it has an insert or not, and the like.

I tried the Frequency Filtered shaft. I didn't notice any difference. I suppose it would depend on the putter head, i.e., material it is made of, whether it has an insert or not, and the like.
Insert versus non especially. This though is a very different beast.

This is very interesting. Look forward to hearing more. Putter is one area I really need to know more and figure out what is right for me. Curious what difference the shaft can make with a putter.

I was wondering if that was what Watson was using ... thanks for confirming... what's the typical street price on these?

This is very interesting. Look forward to hearing more. Putter is one area I really need to know more and figure out what is right for me. Curious what difference the shaft can make with a putter.

Not sure of retail but I was quoted $200+.

I was wondering if that was what Watson was using ... thanks for confirming... what's the typical street price on these?

Quoted the wrong post above...a few months ago I was quoted $200+ Not sure what retail is

Quoted the wrong post above...a few months ago I was quoted $200+ Not sure what retail is
190 is retail

I promise the first update is coming here everyone, I've got them installed and cured finally in their new homes.

Going to lay an update and general info out tonight and then hopefully the feedback will flow in this weekend with so many thpers trying them.

I'm a big time fan, and I'm not alone there as the feedback has been positive everywhere I've seen. It's to the point I'm going to have one put into my #1's putter as they have a great HS program.

190 is retail

I promise the first update is coming here everyone, I've got them installed and cured finally in their new homes.

Going to lay an update and general info out tonight and then hopefully the feedback will flow in this weekend with so many thpers trying them.

I'm a big time fan, and I'm not alone there as the feedback has been positive everywhere I've seen. It's to the point I'm going to have one put into my #1's putter as they have a great HS program.

That is better than I thought and was quoted.

Odyssey showed their version of a bi material shaft at Firestone. Very interested to see how that compares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is better than I thought and was quoted.

Odyssey showed their version of a bi material shaft at Firestone. Very interested to see how that compares.

Just saw those pics, interesting.

Its actually 199.99 with free install.

Breakthrough Golf Technology Stability Shaft

Just saw those pics, interesting.

Its actually 199.99 with free install.

I look forward to reading you and other THPers thoughts. I was told that everyone that has used whatever version of the shaft has picked up measurable performance.

Just looked back at my notes and I was quoted $215 and that included shipping so that is very close

Wow...more than I was hoping but still want to try it.

I just installed this in a putter to test out. Like many I’m curious but not sure it’s for me.

I just installed this in a putter to test out. Like many I’m curious but not sure it’s for me.
Honest Q, what could you see that would make it not for you?

Honest Q, what could you see that would make it not for you?

Same as everybody else. A feel or movement I don’t like. I guess the same question could be said about using one.

Very curious to how it compares to my frequency filtered. I’m looking forward to testing jmans this weekend

Same as everybody else. A feel or movement I don’t like. I guess the same question could be said about using one.

Absolutely the same could be asked.

What putter did you put it in? What grip did you roll with?

I can safely say the movement thing wont be a concern for you, the name is definitely the name of the game here, Stability. Feel wise, it dampens, but not near what I expected.

Very curious to how it compares to my frequency filtered. I’m looking forward to testing jmans this weekend

Mentioned it in here before, but, they're different beasts. Truly. The UST is built totally around dampening and feel, and does a fantastic job, but this goes beyond just feel.

Quick post with some more comments and info incoming.

I can safely say the movement thing wont be a concern for you, the name is definitely the name of the game here, Stability. Feel wise, it dampens, but not near what I expected.

Mentioned it in here before, but, they're different beasts. Truly. The UST is built totally around dampening and feel, and does a fantastic job, but this goes beyond just feel.

Oh I know they’re different beasts and I love my putter and frequency filtered (I just realized you’ll be reunited with it again!) but I’m interested to see how it compares and what the differences on it are

So, there should be a lot of thoughts on these in here after this weekend, but prior to that I need to do a little more setup.

What the heck is the Stability Putter Shaft anyway?

Well, at its root, Breakthrough Golf Technology (founded by the Barney Adams, yes, that Adams) believes that the standard stock putter shafts used in putters, which cost a dime a dozen actually give way to some unwanted twisting and flexing at impact, even at the pace of a putting stroke. Now, that is absolutely a lot to think about, and honestly wild to think about as well because its not like most of our putting strokes are some wild movement of craziness and ferocity like our full swings are.

The initial reaction to that, whether you believe the twisting exists or not, would be "just make it stiffer!", well that is tricky because that can mean more weight, and definitely a much more dead feeling to the user. So Breakthrough sought to make a putter shaft the same weight as a traditional one, maintain feel, and fix the twisting and flexing issues they have recorded in their testing.

The company actually just put a VERY VERY cool illustration of all the parts in the shaft on their Instagram and its WAY more complex than that of similar looking shafts like the UST FF shaft. There are eight layers of high modulus carbon fiber in a no taper design to reduce torque, 22 gram aluminum insert that reinforces stability, an aluminum connector which allows them to then match the tip/shaft/bend design of any putter profile. Why do I mention all this? Because there TRULY is a lot of science that has gone into this one and they really believe in what they have done.

There is a lot of very cool data and videos on the Breakthrough Golf website and I encourage you to pop over and take a peek at them.

I'm going to dive more into it all as soon as I get home from the trip, but there is obviously a lot of curiosity with this. How much of a difference could it make? If it does make a difference is it worth the price? The list goes on and on. I can say this with about a dozen rounds with one installed now, its made my putter feel heavier in hand but its not off putting, and in reality I think its more about how stable the whole thing is creating that sensation. I don't have a GC Quad or the HMT to go with my GC2 to test the putter in any data driven way, but I can tell you I believe my proximity to hole on misses has improved.

I'm going to have two of these with me in Orlando this weekend with 50+ THP'ers, one in an mFGP PR and the other in a Diving Board Proto to give two effects for guys in a plumbers neck and a center shaft model. A couple pics are below, but more will come soon.

DSC_0066-XL.jpg

DSC_0070-XL.jpg

Double bend model into a #7
Straight model into a Honma

Double bend model into a #7
Straight model into a Honma
Ooooooh would love love love to see a pic of it installed in the Honma.

Back