Breakthrough Golf Technology Stability Shaft

Ooooooh would love love love to see a pic of it installed in the Honma.

Will get pics up later today/this weekend when I get to the course.

Looking forward to the feedback this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might as well get these ones up now.

f3047c0f67e20a9906cf0374adc50ecf.jpg

684c259d699ae2d117a5dcdd50ca2242.jpg

596dd3ed8723f93ea701e19d2befad07.heic

My buddy had this installed on his putter and is loving it. He told me I need to grab one myself.

I know you guys have other priorities, but for goof balls at work, any updates or first impressions of this shaft?

I know you guys have other priorities, but for goof balls at work, any updates or first impressions of this shaft?

My only priorities are THP my friend. Im sure James will be in shortly with feedback. Im just not sure it’s for me. I feel like I am losing the club head a bit. I’m going to stick with it for a round tomorrow though.

Currently playing but after the round I’m
Sure a bunch will have feedback..

My only priorities are THP my friend. Im sure James will be in shortly with feedback. Im just not sure it’s for me. I feel like I am losing the club head a bit. I’m going to stick with it for a round tomorrow though.

Thought you might be at Bay Hill

Thought you might be at Bay Hill

No sir, I am working and planning some of our THP Events coming up.
Some exciting things on the horizon for THPers.

That is pretty funky looking. I just struggle to see how it can help out at all with the putting stroke but who knows. It will be interesting to hear feedback from the course.

That is pretty funky looking. I just struggle to see how it can help out at all with the putting stroke but who knows. It will be interesting to hear feedback from the course.

In my opinion its going to be similar to putters. There are going to be people that love it and swear by it and people that are on the opposite side. Especially when cost proposition comes into play. Im a fan of choices however, and this is another one people can now have.

In my opinion its going to be similar to putters. There are going to be people that love it and swear by it and people that are on the opposite side. Especially when cost proposition comes into play. Im a fan of choices however, and this is another one people can now have.

I guess even if it works as a Placebo Effect for players it could be worth it.

That will be an interesting question. I think you are probably right

Will there be placebo? Of course.

That said, I believe there is something here. I've had about six or seven people try it and I hope they have some input in here after this crazy weekend.

Will there be placebo? Of course.

That said, I believe there is something here. I've had about six or seven people try it and I hope they have some input in here after this crazy weekend.

I'm looking forward to that. If there's something that can help my putting at all I'm all for it.

I have installed 5 of these shafts so far. I build 2 identical putters aside from the shaft and hit putts with each.

Our demo putter with the Stability shaft keeps walking out the door because people don't believe it is solely the shaft that has improved their putting stroke.

With everyone that has tried it the putts with the normal steel shaft have missed on the edge of the cup or just outside the edge of the cup. With the stability shaft those misses are right center and left center of the cup.

We have a straight line on the green to watch as we putt the ball and with the stability shaft it is right on the line the whole way versus straying away and cutting back or drawing back slightly.

I know that I am eagerly awaiting the correct hosel diameter to come in to build my putter with one!

Thought I would update this one before it fell.
I practiced with it again and this time liked it a bit more. Its still not a feel I love, but it was better the second time around.
Im going to try to get some time on the GCQuad putting application, but not sure when that will take place with traveling, but I would expect to next week.

Thought I would update this one before it fell.
I practiced with it again and this time liked it a bit more. Its still not a feel I love, but it was better the second time around.
Im going to try to get some time on the GCQuad putting application, but not sure when that will take place with traveling, but I would expect to next week.
Look forward to seeing the data captures from that, the putting application on there is pretty robust.

I'll have an update this evening, not as many got to try these at Bay Hill and Grand Cypress as anticipated, but with so much going on not many hung out at the putting greens.

Going to send my m5x in for repair this week and am going to see if SeeMore will install another one into it though, which says a great deal on my thoughts about what I've seen so far. It won't be for everyone, and the brain imo will be a powerful thing here, but I also believe in much of what is going on.

Look forward to seeing the data captures from that, the putting application on there is pretty robust.

I'll have an update this evening, not as many got to try these at Bay Hill and Grand Cypress as anticipated, but with so much going on not many hung out at the putting greens.

Going to send my m5x in for repair this week and am going to see if SeeMore will install another one into it though, which says a great deal on my thoughts about what I've seen so far. It won't be for everyone, and the brain imo will be a powerful thing here, but I also believe in much of what is going on.

Having played the UST FF shaft for a while (some time ago), I'd be very interested in giving this a try. Not sure if there are any courses between you and me worth meeting at for a round this weekend, but if you know of somewhere good and are willing to meet up for a round on Saturday, just let me know when and where.

Having played the UST FF shaft for a while (some time ago), I'd be very interested in giving this a try. Not sure if there are any courses between you and me worth meeting at for a round this weekend, but if you know of somewhere good and are willing to meet up for a round on Saturday, just let me know when and where.
Let me see what I can do, I'll check with the boss lady this weekend and maybe we can sneak a round in!

I have two Tyne putters and I’m thinking of installing one of these in one of them... hmm...

Well hello there, how've you been? Good? Well, that's good.

Life has been CRAZY in the Miles compound, but that hasn't stopped me from giving the two Stability Putter shafts a workout. Sadly, not many in FL got to roll them, but that is because we weren't on the putting green, well, really ever other than at Bay Hill. I do know my partners in crime @Canadan and @ddec rolled them a few times, so maybe they will chime in with a few thoughts as well.

Right out of the gates on this update I want to get into the whole "feel" thing. I know many are probably assuming that it has to be a massive feel changer, but honestly, it isn't IMO. But if you go back and read the info and details I posted in here earlier, you will see that their intent was to keep the feel of a traditional putter shaft as much as possible, but eliminate its weakness, which is literally in their opinions that it is weak through impact. I've got well over 20 rounds on one of these shafts in three different putters with three different face material types and I can definitively say that the feel at impact really isn't going to be all that different to people, if at all, rather the feel difference here is in the actual stroke.

STABILITY. The word says it all, and there are all sorts of charts on Breakthrough's site from their testing that I can copy and paste for you to see that show, in their data collection, that the standard putter shaft at and through impact gives way to movement that can create inconsistencies in and through the putting stroke. The point of the BGT Stability shaft? Fix that, but without making an awkward feel. In hand, the putters I have installed the shafts in featured standard old school True Temper putter shafts that are in pretty much every putter on the planet, these are putters (well, 2 of the 3) that I have HUNDREDS of rounds on (SeeMore mFGP PR and SeeMore m5x Proto) and immediately in hand I noticed a heavier feel in hand, but not at address and/or through the stroke. Sounds crazy, I know, but its true. What did I notice through the stroke then? STABILITY.

Seriously, one hundred percent dead serious, in my YEARS of doing reviews here I've never BS'd the readers and I'm not starting now. I immediately rolling the putters in the house noticed how damn stable they are in the stroke, it honest to goodness feels like the face is dead on where the stroke takes it with crisp impact stroke after stroke. Now, crappy strokes are still going to yield crappy results. But, for me, in practice and course my proximity to the hole on ALL putts has improved.

How much of this is mental? Surely some of it can be, the ole placebo argument. To that though I point to all the other reviews that have been done on these already, from writers I myself trust and read, and every single one has come back positive, and with them being surprised at how positive they found it. Not trying to start an argument bringing other sources into things, but when the same feedback is seen again and again by outlet after outlet, it isn't smoke.

Is it worth it? Man, $199 is a hefty tag. But, putters are funny, as are their users. If it can make you a more confident putter, and that leads to lower scores, of course its going to be worth it to some, but maybe not others. If you have a $99.00 putter are you dropping two Benjamin's on it? Probably not. Now, if you have a 200, 300, 400, 500, hell even 2000 dollar putter is it worth it? I can't tell you that but its an easier pill to swallow if it breeds more confidence and success.

It's good. I believe that. It works. I believe that. It won't be for everyone though, and I believe that too.

You got Q's fire away, I've got thoughts and answers. Let's get it THP.

I'll add in the UST FF shaft alters feel MUCH more than this. Much much much much. I have gamed that shaft in a LOT of putters over the years as well, and its my honest opinion. It dampens everything a lot more.

Well hello there, how've you been? Good? Well, that's good.

Life has been CRAZY in the Miles compound, but that hasn't stopped me from giving the two Stability Putter shafts a workout. Sadly, not many in FL got to roll them, but that is because we weren't on the putting green, well, really ever other than at Bay Hill. I do know my partners in crime @Canadan and @ddec rolled them a few times, so maybe they will chime in with a few thoughts as well.

Right out of the gates on this update I want to get into the whole "feel" thing. I know many are probably assuming that it has to be a massive feel changer, but honestly, it isn't IMO. But if you go back and read the info and details I posted in here earlier, you will see that their intent was to keep the feel of a traditional putter shaft as much as possible, but eliminate its weakness, which is literally in their opinions that it is weak through impact. I've got well over 20 rounds on one of these shafts in three different putters with three different face material types and I can definitively say that the feel at impact really isn't going to be all that different to people, if at all, rather the feel difference here is in the actual stroke.

STABILITY. The word says it all, and there are all sorts of charts on Breakthrough's site from their testing that I can copy and paste for you to see that show, in their data collection, that the standard putter shaft at and through impact gives way to movement that can create inconsistencies in and through the putting stroke. The point of the BGT Stability shaft? Fix that, but without making an awkward feel. In hand, the putters I have installed the shafts in featured standard old school True Temper putter shafts that are in pretty much every putter on the planet, these are putters (well, 2 of the 3) that I have HUNDREDS of rounds on (SeeMore mFGP PR and SeeMore m5x Proto) and immediately in hand I noticed a heavier feel in hand, but not at address and/or through the stroke. Sounds crazy, I know, but its true. What did I notice through the stroke then? STABILITY.

Seriously, one hundred percent dead serious, in my YEARS of doing reviews here I've never BS'd the readers and I'm not starting now. I immediately rolling the putters in the house noticed how damn stable they are in the stroke, it honest to goodness feels like the face is dead on where the stroke takes it with crisp impact stroke after stroke. Now, crappy strokes are still going to yield crappy results. But, for me, in practice and course my proximity to the hole on ALL putts has improved.

How much of this is mental? Surely some of it can be, the ole placebo argument. To that though I point to all the other reviews that have been done on these already, from writers I myself trust and read, and every single one has come back positive, and with them being surprised at how positive they found it. Not trying to start an argument bringing other sources into things, but when the same feedback is seen again and again by outlet after outlet, it isn't smoke.

Is it worth it? Man, $199 is a hefty tag. But, putters are funny, as are their users. If it can make you a more confident putter, and that leads to lower scores, of course its going to be worth it to some, but maybe not others. If you have a $99.00 putter are you dropping two Benjamin's on it? Probably not. Now, if you have a 200, 300, 400, 500, hell even 2000 dollar putter is it worth it? I can't tell you that but its an easier pill to swallow if it breeds more confidence and success.

It's good. I believe that. It works. I believe that. It won't be for everyone though, and I believe that too.

You got Q's fire away, I've got thoughts and answers. Let's get it THP.

My buddy Miko plays mini tours and swears by this shaft. Keeps bugging me to get one. Your thoughts and his nagging are really hard to ignore.

Back