Breakthrough Golf Technology Stability Shaft

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A friend of mine started working for this company that was started by Barney Adams (Adams Golf) and at the same time one of our staff writers requested doing a review on the lineup. Rather than give you a full rundown of the specs, I will let Jman do that in the review.

DSC05038-2-XL.jpg

2018-07-25%2007_54_54-XL.gif

How does this differ from the previously not-so-well-adopted shafts from companies like UST and Fujikura and Matrix?

• Admin
How does this differ from the previously not-so-well-adopted shafts from companies like UST and Fujikura and Matrix?

Im not sure I can answer that. Going off memory, some of those are graphite only, but the UST shaft is multi-material. Although still quite different in design of placement of said materials.

This might be one of the hardest pieces of equipment for me to buy into. Granted I have never tried an "upgraded" putter shaft, it just seems a little gimmicky

I’m looking forward to seeing James’ review of this. This one has me very intrigued.

I'm really curious on if any differences are seen. I just can't believe a shaft would make that big of a difference in a putter but I've been wrong before.

Although it seems odd to change a putter shaft, maybe it could provide a bit of feel for some feedback. Not sure how that might help though.

This seems like a tough sell, like it’s reinventing the wheel. I have a hard time picturing this in a putter instead of a traditional shaft.

But results are results right? Let’s see what you think Jman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James has been talking about these a lot recently, so I look forward to his thoughts.

I can't see how anyone is imparting enough stress on the shaft when they putt to have this make a difference... I have no problem being proved wrong....always looking for an edge.

Whoa, this is very interesting, it's the first time I've seen or heard about these shafts and just checking out there website has me intrigued.

It makes me excited to read James' reviews on these.

The aluminum connector is blowing my mind right now.

Like others, I have never been inclined to spend money on an aftermarket putter shaft because I just could not see the point in upgrading a putter shaft. Looking forward to James' review and will certainly keep an open mind.

Honestly, my first thought was..."no way does any gimmick shaft make a difference in a putting stroke, this is about as reputable as the X shaft in the Hammer driver".

Then I started thinking about it and now....

I'm keeping an open mind on these. If Jman says they are the real deal and will improve my putting, I am all in.

I'm eager for details. Like some have mentioned it's pretty tough to buy into something like the putter shaft, which hasn't had much change for a long time.

I'm really curious on if any differences are seen. I just can't believe a shaft would make that big of a difference in a putter but I've been wrong before.

Yes, I agree. I am not sure how a shaft can make a change in a putter. I had a occasion a number of years ago to try a shaft specifically designed for the putter (I don't remember the name), and I didn't notice a difference. However, I will be curious to read the review. You never know...

Have heard about this a couple different places, think Golf Unfiltered discussed it on his podcast recently and think it is something DeChambeau was using. Think it is the stiffest club in his bag.

I can get into this tonight, they're actually different than most who glance at the looks will assume.

I'll also say having been tinkering with one already, it's strangely really freaking cool.

I can get into this tonight, they're actually different than most who glance at the looks will assume.

I'll also say having been tinkering with one already, it's strangely really freaking cool.

I’m really looking forward to your take on this one Jman. These types of shafts have interested me for a while. I’m really curious about the difference between this one and the others.

Let's not judge too quickly - remember we swing the putter 30+ times in most rounds - if a shaft upgrade yields even 5% performance improvement, that is a shot and a half per round!

I want one.

Seriously, this looks like an area of the game that has long been overlooked. I'm very interested.

I saw a couple of these at the putting green at Barbasol. As it was explained to me, this graphite allows weight to be moved to the head and/or to the grip area of the putter, which can make it more forgiving. Have not personally used one but was told that it’s pretty amazing. So I am intrigued.

I’m wondering how this would compare to the frequency filtered from ust

I’m wondering how this would compare to the frequency filtered from ust

I'll be able to comment on exactly that having played that one on several occasions.

My only early advice on the topic, looks are similar, but this shaft is about much much more than feel and vibration dampening like the UST.

Cooler is I'll be able to get these into the hands of about fifty THP'ers next week. Should have a lot of feedback.

I'll be able to comment on exactly that having played that one on several occasions.

My only early advice on the topic, looks are similar, but this shaft is about much much more than feel and vibration dampening like the UST.

Cooler is I'll be able to get these into the hands of about fifty THP'ers next week. Should have a lot of feedback.

Yeah.... I’m gonna make sure to try and find you to try it out

I was just reading about this shaft last week and am really interested in it. The manufacturers are just down the street from where I work and I'd really like to give it a shot in my Seemore X2. I'm looking forward to your thoughts/impressions.

Back