Rocketbladez? Still in your bag?

DblBogey4Life

Reaction score
Handicap
Kind of looking to change things up. Love my G10s most of the time, but looking a something a little smaller, less offset. Still in the bag?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My dad is playing a set of them still but I know for the $$$ many of the newer sets can be had. But if they are what you like do it!

I like my rocketbladez. work well for me. no point in changing if it works.

If you're looking at them, go Speedblades, trust me.

Jman is wise.

I liked the rocket blades, however the speed blades were outstanding for me.

Yes they are. High launching, distance monsters for me.

Knocked out by apex cf16... the rocketbladez were great irons. Only complaint was the harsh sound 4-6iron made upon impact... you get over that pretty quickly though

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

+1 cleaner lines, more forgiving and WAY more consistent

Knocked out by apex cf16... the rocketbladez were great irons. Only complaint was the harsh sound 4-6iron made upon impact... you get over that pretty quickly though

And that was one of the things thr6 fixed in the Speedblades. The SB really were the last great iron set TM has made imo.

That's the impression I got from the reviews. Subjectively I would say I preferred the finish of the rocketbladez, but I don't think that is enough to tip the scales. Both sets can be had for a song on EBAY

Agreed. Bought a set of these off a friend and they knocked my i20's out of my bag.

I've been going back and forth between the apex and speedblades. I don't know which would be better for my game and help me get to a 15 (or sub 15) handicap.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I think it will come down to how much you want to spend, I think the apex cf16 are a solid upgrade from my rocketbladez, but if you are strapped for cash it would be tough to justify the 700 price difference. That said, be careful, as once you get the apex in hand and hit a few balls... it will be hard to say no

I think it will come down to how much you want to spend, I think the apex cf16 are a solid upgrade from my rocketbladez, but if you are strapped for cash it would be tough to justify the 700 price difference. That said, be careful, as once you get the apex in hand and hit a few balls... it will be hard to say no

I was referring to the 2014 apex model so even though the apex would still be more than the rocketblades, they would be much more even in price.

I've got both the Rocketbladez and the 2014 Apex irons. The Apex is a much better iron all around. It has a smaller head, a touch less offset, smaller topline, better feeling, and it's just a beautiful iron to look at. It's no slouch in the distance department either. But neither compare to my Adams CB2's. I put Xcaliber 85 graphite shafts in those, had them bent to Apex specs, and Katy bar the door! They outperform the Apex in every category, the feel is amazing, and they're good looking irons, too. The only thing that bugs me about the Apex and Adams irons are the offset on the long irons. It's not bad, but I've never been a fan of offset. I'm leaning towards getting the Cobra Forged TEC or Srixon Z545 irons in the near future because both have very low offset, are forged, and have some helpful GI features. I hit the Cobras a few weeks before they were released and gotta say I'm a fan. Still need to hit the Srixons tho.

I've got both the Rocketbladez and the 2014 Apex irons. The Apex is a much better iron all around. It has a smaller head, a touch less offset, smaller topline, better feeling, and it's just a beautiful iron to look at. It's no slouch in the distance department either. But neither compare to my Adams CB2's. I put Xcaliber 85 graphite shafts in those, had them bent to Apex specs, and Katy bar the door! They outperform the Apex in every category, the feel is amazing, and they're good looking irons, too. The only thing that bugs me about the Apex and Adams irons are the offset on the long irons. It's not bad, but I've never been a fan of offset. I'm leaning towards getting the Cobra Forged TEC or Srixon Z545 irons in the near future because both have very low offset, are forged, and have some helpful GI features. I hit the Cobras a few weeks before they were released and gotta say I'm a fan. Still need to hit the Srixons tho.
I was pondering hard for the z545 and a fellow thper offered his set to me at a great price. I just couldn't see myself being able to game them consistently at this point in my game. I think the apex is a nice middle ground for me considering my mid handicap and the speedblades would be a nice upgrade from my current set.

Im still gaming the Rocketbladez tour irons and do not see them leaving the bag anytime soon. IMO a great iron set.

"Rocketbladez? Still in your bag? "

I have to deal with the fact that to some young linksters, Rocketbladez are old golf clubs!

Some days, I set out into the world with these:

1200GE.jpg

As far as I can see, they're at least as good as all of the newer stuff that I've got.

I still play the rocketbladez, I still hit them pretty good but I've been looking to upgrade this year. I think after I knock the rust off my swing, I'm going to try some different sets. I don't have anything particular in mind, just gonna see what fits my swing.

I rotate 3 different bags into play all year round (probably explains my handicap, lol). I have the Rocketbladez bag including an R1 driver and Stage 2 woods, an Apex bag including all X2 Hot Pro and Deep woods, and a Adams CB2 bag that I rotate various other irons and woods in and out of. Lately I've been trying out some Snake Eyes 695os irons. Geez, if I think about all the clubs I've bought and tried in the last 3 and a half years................not to mention those I've demoed.

Mine are still in the bag. I got the same results from the 714's when I last looked at upgrading. I've decided to keep them until I get below about 12 hcp where I know I'll be looking for something more complex. My rockets are easily the most consistent clubs in my bag so why change them.

Back