Big Max - Blade IP Push Cart - THP Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
In to the prairie lands of America for review is the Blade IP push cart from Big Max. While some might not recognize the name, they have been garnering a good deal of positive feedback from a few different outlets.

The IP is one of seven different push cart offerings from Big Max and carries a price of $329.99 and is available in five different color combinations. All said, very much in line with what we see from them top carts on the market.

I've actually had it in hand for a bit messing with it around the house, but only the last few days did the 110+ degree weather subside and let me get it out on the course, so I will have some good feedback coming very soon and that will be, of course, followed by our full homepage review. As a walker who has another "top-tier" push cart and uses it regularly, I was a bit cautious entering this, but different can be good, and this is a different take on what a push cart can be.

Info on the Big Max "Blade IP" Push Cart:

Blade IP – designed to suit your game
Thanks to the new faster and easier One-Fold mechanism and ultra flat design the Blade IP fits into the tightest spaces and is easy for travel use. The push cart features a double brake system and two scorecard holders of which one is easily visible while you push the cart.
The cart has a stable design that is suitable for all bag sizes, so you can not only use cart bags but also stand bags. The adjustable upper bag brackets help you to position your bag perfectly and feature Quick Attach points for handy accessories like the Drop-Stop Rainsystem.

FOLDING MECHANISMUltra-Slim, One-Fold System
SIZE (IN CM)88 x 62 x 12.5
WEIGHT (IN KG)6,5
ADJUSTABLE HANDLEYes
QUICK FIX BASEYes, 2
QUICK LOK BASEYes, 2
QA BASE (FOR I-DRY RAINSYSTEM)Yes
ADJUSTABLE BAG BRACKETYes
BRAKEFoot brake
DETACHABLE WHEELSYes
SUITABLE FOR TOURBAGYes
STANDBAG KOMPATIBLEYes
COLORSphantom, phantom-lime, phantom-red, white, white-lime

In-Hand Images:

DSC_0039-L.jpg

DSC_0044-L.jpg

DSC_0030-L.jpg

DSC_0031-L.jpg

DSC_0032-L.jpg

DSC_0033-L.jpg

DSC_0034-L.jpg

DSC_0035-L.jpg

DSC_0036-L.jpg

DSC_0037-L.jpg

DSC_0038-L.jpg

• Staff
I will have some pretty solid thoughts up later today, as well as some side by sides with the ClicGear 3.5

But, until then I'd like to get you (THP's) thoughts, comments, and curiosities about this one and what you would like to know?

In to the prairie lands of America for review is the Blade IP push cart from Big Max. While some might not recognize the name, they have been garnering a good deal of positive feedback from a few different outlets.

The IP is one of seven different push cart offerings from Big Max and carries a price of $329.99 and is available in five different color combinations. All said, very much in line with what we see from them top carts on the market.

I've actually had it in hand for a bit messing with it around the house, but only the last few days did the 110+ degree weather subside and let me get it out on the course, so I will have some good feedback coming very soon and that will be, of course, followed by our full homepage review. As a walker who has another "top-tier" push cart and uses it regularly, I was a bit cautious entering this, but different can be good, and this is a different take on what a push cart can be.

Info on the Big Max "Blade IP" Push Cart:

Blade IP – designed to suit your game
Thanks to the new faster and easier One-Fold mechanism and ultra flat design the Blade IP fits into the tightest spaces and is easy for travel use. The push cart features a double brake system and two scorecard holders of which one is easily visible while you push the cart.
The cart has a stable design that is suitable for all bag sizes, so you can not only use cart bags but also stand bags. The adjustable upper bag brackets help you to position your bag perfectly and feature Quick Attach points for handy accessories like the Drop-Stop Rainsystem.

FOLDING MECHANISM
Ultra-Slim, One-Fold System
SIZE (IN CM)
88 x 62 x 12.5
WEIGHT (IN KG)
ADJUSTABLE HANDLE
Yes
QUICK FIX BASE
Yes, 2
QUICK LOK BASE
Yes, 2
QA BASE (FOR I-DRY RAINSYSTEM)
Yes
ADJUSTABLE BAG BRACKET
Yes
BRAKE
Foot brake
DETACHABLE WHEELS
Yes
SUITABLE FOR TOURBAG
Yes
STANDBAG KOMPATIBLE
Yes
COLORS
phantom, phantom-lime, phantom-red, white, white-lime

In-Hand Images:

DSC_0039-L.jpg

DSC_0044-L.jpg

DSC_0030-L.jpg

DSC_0031-L.jpg

DSC_0032-L.jpg

DSC_0033-L.jpg

DSC_0034-L.jpg

DSC_0035-L.jpg

DSC_0036-L.jpg

DSC_0037-L.jpg

DSC_0038-L.jpg

Great review and wow, does that look nice with your bag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Staff
Great review and wow, does that look nice with your bag!

Just a little preview, hahaha, I'll have some thoughts soon. I'll say this it requires less effort than the Clic to unfold and fold, which shocked me.

My first thought was that it looked a bit blocky and didn't flow well, but then saw the picture with the bag on it and it actually looks pretty strong. I can't believe how minimal it gets with the fold as well.

Seems like a pretty well built product. My two biggest concerns with a push cart is the quality of the roll, and the durability of the product. If it starts to get wobbly or loose I would immediately start looking elsewhere.

So I have the Big Max Autofold FF for 2 years now and I honestly could not be happier with the product.
Folding Flat and fitting on top of my "Stuff" in the back or in between the Front and Back seats makes this the perfect pushcart for me.
And Big Max Customer Service is 2nd to none.

Like the upgrade with the Blade IP with the moveable Bag Brackets and the brake at the bottom is easier that mine.
I know the price is a little "Shocking" but I'm telling you if you play in a night league and will for several years - This is the push cart for you!

How much space in the console? I’ve always had issues with enough space for a biggish phone and wallet and e-cig etc.

My first thought was that it looked a bit blocky and didn't flow well, but then saw the picture with the bag on it and it actually looks pretty strong. I can't believe how minimal it gets with the fold as well.

Seems like a pretty well built product. My two biggest concerns with a push cart is the quality of the roll, and the durability of the product. If it starts to get wobbly or loose I would immediately start looking elsewhere.

I echo that. Looks great with the bag in place. And wow when it folds in place, that takes up minimal space. Really looking forward to your review of roll and on course stability. I have thought a 4 wheel cart would be more stable, but no 4 wheel cart is folding up like that!

Does the smaller size of the front wheel impact ease of pushing through softer terrain? (ie. wet soggy grass). And, does the smaller foot print impact stability on side hills?

thanks,

solid and simple where my first thoughts, and those are usually good things in my mind.

That looks like it folds up really, really small - I like it.

I like how small it fold up, would easily fit in to the trunk of my car for sure and not be in the way of the bag.
Looks good with the bag sitting on it.
How adjustable is the handle?
How stable/unstable did it seem on a slope?

I'm a big fan of how it folds flat and I have to imagine that's a little more convenient to store in the vehicle vs. something like the Clicgear that takes up a decent chunk of space.

Do you find there to not be enough onboard storage with this? That's something I'm not a fan of with my old Caddytek and is something I'm definitely going to look at with my next cart.

I really like the weight on it - how is the foot brake? I've had mixed results with them in other brands in the past.

Have been eyeing the Big Max offerings for a while. As a long time 3.5+ user, will be interested in your comparisons. Appears this one is lighter and folds smaller.

Another 3.5+ user here, will be looking forward to your comparison.

That thing does fold up real nice though, looks super compact.

I think my 8.0 is going to finally take a dump on me as one of the center bolts has come loose several times and I can't find a replacement.... so am very interested in the push carts right now.

Main things for me, how easy/quickly does it fold up/unfold. how does the stand bag ride on it? I have had to make several adjustments to get my stand bag to work properly (with a few aftermarket additions) to ride without the constant twisting. I prefer a hand brake to a foot brake, but if stand bags ride well and it is easy to fold/unfold this will get a long look when the 8.0 finally gets replaced.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Jman, thanks for the post as I'm in the cart market. Any chance of getting a photo with your towel removed? It looks like there is a ton of space between the bag and frame of the cart. Maybe enough room for a cooler? For water and sports drinks of course.

Even the wide base and shape make it look stable, and holy cow how flat that get's for storage, very nice.

I saw this during the local golf expo in April. Seemed like a pretty solid push cart. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

I will have some pretty solid thoughts up later today, as well as some side by sides with the ClicGear 3.5

But, until then I'd like to get you (THP's) thoughts, comments, and curiosities about this one and what you would like to know?

Looking forward to this. The side by sides will be helpful.

Looking forward to this. The side by sides will be helpful.
They're in smugmug if you want to post them, I'm actually playing right now.

They're in smugmug if you want to post them, I'm actually playing right now.

Better off waiting for your continued thoughts to go alongside them.

Curious to see how this stacks up against the clicgear in ease of pushing/roll, brake and just overall maneuverability. Form factor is interesting for sure. Especially for folks with limited cargo space in the car. Driving a truck makes me a little less sensitive to that, but I can definitely see the utility in the lay flat breakdown.

I think my 8.0 is going to finally take a dump on me as one of the center bolts has come loose several times and I can't find a replacement.... so am very interested in the push carts right now.

Main things for me, how easy/quickly does it fold up/unfold. how does the stand bag ride on it? I have had to make several adjustments to get my stand bag to work properly (with a few aftermarket additions) to ride without the constant twisting. I prefer a hand brake to a foot brake, but if stand bags ride well and it is easy to fold/unfold this will get a long look when the 8.0 finally gets replaced.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

You can try contacting Clicgear for replacement bolts. They might be able to help.

Back