OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Coming off the 81 on Monday, I only have time for nine today. Playing a very short par three course at Lake Hefner. Nothing but bragging rights up for grande this one.

I'd love to say I can do even par, but realistically, I'll be satisfied with +3.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

31... Hope you get par though!

I only have time for nine today. Playing a very short par three course at Lake Hefner.

75! You can do it!!

Uhhh... thanks, I think. :clown: You obviously missed part of my post. Nine holes @ 3 each would make the par 27. If I shot a 75, I likely wouldn't respond because while I might not poison myself with lead, I would most definitely sell all my clubs and take up basket weaving. :bulgy-eyes:

Uhhh... thanks, I think. :clown: You obviously missed part of my post. Nine holes @ 3 each would make the par 27. If I shot a 75, I likely wouldn't respond because while I might not poison myself with lead, I would most definitely sell all my clubs and take up basket weaving. :bulgy-eyes:

Aw dang I missed it!! Here I was being all supportive and stuff. Poop!

Though a 75 would be more like my score on a round of 9 :laughing:

Not good today. I came out +7 after two stupid doubles in the last 3 holes. Coincidentally, this course is only 3 holes that you play 3x each. I played the longest tees the first two rounds, then played the shortest tees the last time around. Distances were approximately 120, 180, 140 (twice), then 75, 130, 80. Yep, I doubled the 75 and 80 yard holes. One hopped a SW off the back of the green on the first one (carried it about 85 into the wind), then pitched up and 3 putted. On the last, I shanked a SW, then pitched up to the fringe, put a 4h chip to about 7' and 2 putted. Ugh...

Aw dang I missed it!! Here I was being all supportive and stuff. Poop!

Though a 75 would be more like my score on a round of 9 :laughing:

It's all good. I know you meant well.

Oops a little late. Lol

It's all good. I know you meant well.

f00986456a0653a76830d8309bf29997.jpg

What did you do? Come in and "guess" +7? Nice try... :clown:

I only read the first few post and was going to say +8 but thought you might be offended. A few post down and I see you beat it by 1. Good job! :banana:

I only read the first few post and was going to say +8 but thought you might be offended. A few post down and I see you beat it by 1. Good job! :banana:
Eh, I wouldn't be offended. On any given day, I'm probably capable of evenish to +12 or so on that course. Just depends which "me" shows up.

Not good today. I came out +7 after two stupid doubles in the last 3 holes. Coincidentally, this course is only 3 holes that you play 3x each. I played the longest tees the first two rounds, then played the shortest tees the last time around. Distances were approximately 120, 180, 140 (twice), then 75, 130, 80. Yep, I doubled the 75 and 80 yard holes. One hopped a SW off the back of the green on the first one (carried it about 85 into the wind), then pitched up and 3 putted. On the last, I shanked a SW, then pitched up to the fringe, put a 4h chip to about 7' and 2 putted. Ugh...

Ouch! I've never heard of a 3 hole course though. That's more backwoods then even I'm from. My first course was called the "Shelby Par 3 and Driving Range". Even it had 9 holes. Most of them horrible but it had a full 9, lol. I've reviewed it elsewhere but it was one of the weirder courses you'll ever see.

Pretty standard par 3's until you get to 5. The scorecard lists 5 as a 250 yard hole but it was only actually 180. I hit a 5w through the open door of the barn 50 yards behind it the first time I played. I thought I was awesome, 320 yard five wood! Yay! Seven was the next interesting hole. It was listed at 225, and if it was as listed it was a 220 water carry. It actually was 265 with a 260 water carry. Not going to happen often. In fact I think I cleared it only once back then because I just refused to believe that it was that long of a hole.

Hole 8 looked like you were teeing off up into a volcano but was otherwise uneventful. Hole 9 was special. And by special I mean death defying. It was 170 and 10yards left of the tee and the green (on a straight line), there was a busy state route. You stood a 10% chance of killing someone if you hit a pull.

The course has since closed (I think, I tried to call them several times last year just to show my kids where I started). No one ever answers the phone. Shame too. There are few places where they can drive the ball 320 with a FW, not carry 220 with a driver, and kill a passing motorist. All for 6 bucks a nine or so. I'd play it again, for sure!!

Ouch! I've never heard of a 3 hole course though. That's more backwoods then even I'm from. My first course was called the "Shelby Par 3 and Driving Range". Even it had 9 holes. Most of them horrible but it had a full 9, lol. I've reviewed it elsewhere but it was one of the weirder courses you'll ever see.

Pretty standard par 3's until you get to 5. The scorecard lists 5 as a 250 yard hole but it was only actually 180. I hit a 5w through the open door of the barn 50 yards behind it the first time I played. I thought I was awesome, 320 yard five wood! Yay! Seven was the next interesting hole. It was listed at 225, and if it was as listed it was a 220 water carry. It actually was 265 with a 260 water carry. Not going to happen often. In fact I think I cleared it only once back then because I just refused to believe that it was that long of a hole.

Hole 8 looked like you were teeing off up into a volcano but was otherwise uneventful. Hole 9 was special. And by special I mean death defying. It was 170 and 10yards left of the tee and the green (on a straight line), there was a busy state route. You stood a 10% chance of killing someone if you hit a pull.

The course has since closed (I think, I tried to call them several times last year just to show my kids where I started). No one ever answers the phone. Shame too. There are few places where they can drive the ball 320 with a FW, not carry 220 with a driver, and kill a passing motorist. All for 6 bucks a nine or so. I'd play it again, for sure!!
Eh, the 3 par 3 holes are called the "Par 3 Academy" and it's in addition to their 36 holes of regulation golf. It's actually a pretty good setup. In the middle of the three, there is a practice green with bunker. Look it up on Google maps. Lake Hefner Golf Course, OKC.

Eh, the 3 par 3 holes are called the "Par 3 Academy" and it's in addition to their 36 holes of regulation golf. It's actually a pretty good setup. In the middle of the three, there is a practice green with bunker. Look it up on Google maps. Lake Hefner Golf Course, OKC.

I just did. That's no Shelby Driving Range and Par 3. Nice setup. No one ever said Shelby Driving Range and Par 3 was a nice setup, lol.

Back