THP goes to #TheGrandaddy - What questions do YOU have for Callaway?

I tried to be, because in the end it was not really about DJ, but other players such as Reed, Tiger and a few others. It was just the "character" thing I was asking about.

Loved his input on 10 up and comers vs 1 superstar that has struggled in the spotlight.

Yep. Pretty similar to the philosophy Tim Clark has at Wilson. No sense of urgency to put all their eggs in one basket with one major guy.

The q and a session was freaking phenomenal. I won't lie either, I could just listen to Chip go on for days.

Plus, Austie and Koske gave me hope of Tungsten in the future, thats a win.

One of my favorite parts were the questions with Chip.
"You would think Harry would have asked or talked to me about launching a war".

"So you're asking about Dustin Johnson, no we did not look at signing him".

Love this insight.

The discussion/questions was a highlight of the trip (one of about a 1000) not every day you get to pick brains like that.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

"You would think Harry would have asked or talked to me about launching a war".

My favorite answer of the whole Q&A! When I asked that and the look he gave Harry first and then said that was just awesome. Pure honest reaction and answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite answer of the whole Q&A! When I asked that and the look he gave Harry first and then said that was just awesome. Pure honest reaction and answer.

I think it speaks volumes about their trust in each other and the company

THP goes to #TheGrandaddy - What questions do YOU have for Callaway?

Their CEO Chip was just such a standup guy. Very down to earth and gave straight answers to all of our questions. You could tell how passionate he was for not only their products, but golf in general. He was a golfer through and through, and that really showed.

Just something ive wondered for a while, even someone might know here but how do they decide on a standard shaft for clubs that people just buy off the rack?

Have they got an update for the chrome soft coming?

Just wondering if this got asked or anyone knows the answer? Im still getting through the Grandaddy thread (only 200 pages to go), so sorry if the questions are answered in there.

Just wondering if this got asked or anyone knows the answer? Im still getting through the Grandaddy thread (only 200 pages to go), so sorry if the questions are answered in there.

They started offering upgraded shafts at no charge a few releases ago. Looking at the characteristics they want to have an offering for every golfer.

The exclusive Oban partnership furthers that where the shaft if high launch, low spin. It should fit a broad range of golfers based on shaft properties and characteristics.

The new ball is pretty good and a great evolution of the original. Once we can share thoughts I have a few & a lot of misnomers will be dispelled.

Where are Cally's answers to these questions ? Is there another thread or a video link somewhere ?

Where are Cally's answers to these questions ? Is there another thread or a video link somewhere ?

It was an incredible chance for THPers to sit with R&D, Marketing and the CEO to talk about the golf industry, technology and more. There are a SLEW of these answered in the Grandaddy Live Update Thread and those that weren't have the participants answering them currently.

What questions do you want answers to? We asked them a lot

What questions do you want answers to? We asked them a lot

Philly. Nothing in particular. I just thought if you have a questions you wanted answered thread that you'd find the answers there. Don't have the time to sift through the Granddaddy 285 pg thread to hunt and peck for them. That's all

I understand that sentiment, and people have come back and answered specific questions if people still have them. The goal here was to have people enjoy the coverage even more, by having their own personal questions be a part of them.

Philly. Nothing in particular. I just thought if you have a questions you wanted answered thread that you'd find the answers there. Don't have the time to sift through the Granddaddy 285 pg thread to hunt and peck for them. That's all

If you have one off the top of your head, repost/ask and we'll answer it.

Anything you would like answered we will try to answer for you. There was no video but we posted answers in the live thread, but I am 100% happy to answer anything that you may be curious about

Not sure if this was asked yet.

I understand the XR hybrid will remain for 2015 and that a 2nd XR hybrid offering will be added called the OS (or oversized ??).

Was any information provided about the OS ?
Who it's design for (higher or lower cap), loft offerings, and how it differs from the 2015 XR hybrid.

The next XR line was discussed in full and the participants got to be some of the first ever to test it out, however it is under embargo until early January. At that point, the guys will be adding a lot of info.

I will say that ddec and I loved what we hit from that line too

The next XR line was discussed in full and the participants got to be some of the first ever to test it out, however it is under embargo until early January. At that point, the guys will be adding a lot of info.

I'm hoping that means there will be a new XR iron and hybrid release...like XR2 or something of the sort. I'll bet not though just because it's what I want and I'm never that lucky! I don't want to wait another full year for their new game improvement segment. I don't care for the GBB line. I hate the name and the clubs just didn't work for me like the XR's do.

They started offering upgraded shafts at no charge a few releases ago. Looking at the characteristics they want to have an offering for every golfer.

The exclusive Oban partnership furthers that where the shaft if high launch, low spin. It should fit a broad range of golfers based on shaft properties and characteristics.

The new ball is pretty good and a great evolution of the original. Once we can share thoughts I have a few & a lot of misnomers will be dispelled.

I was curios about iron shafts. How do they pick say TT or KBS or what ever as the standard shaft for most of the sets that people just buy with out getting fit into a specific one. Do they just have a partnership with one company and pick a shaft from their catalog? Does that make sense?
Thanks

I was curios about iron shafts. How do they pick say TT or KBS or what ever as the standard shaft for most of the sets that people just buy with out getting fit into a specific one. Do they just have a partnership with one company and pick a shaft from their catalog? Does that make sense?
Thanks
My understanding is they pick the shaft that gives the characteristics that meet the largest segment of players for that given head.

Thanks guys. I dont know why but its just some that ive always thought about.

My understanding is they pick the shaft that gives the characteristics that meet the largest segment of players for that given head.
Nailed it Neb.

Back