Cobra King F6+ Driver Preview

I took a couple swings at gs with this today. The machine wasn't reading spin so the numbers were irrelevant. The weight was slid all the way forward and the sound was a loud metallic g30ish noise and I really didn't care for it. Much prefer the sound/feel of the ltd.

My exact same feeling. Although this driver still gets the ball out a good distance on mishits. The sound though is completely different to that of the LTD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Launch was almost identical with the black tie. Do you think lofting down would help get you closer to that DBD launch of 14.xx?

It was at 9°. Perhaps I need to put the weight forward. I wasn't a fan of the sound/feel with weight there though

Man, are those height numbers right? 120-150 feet in the air?
Have you changed your swing drastically KC?

Man, are those height numbers right? 120-150 feet in the air?
Have you changed your swing drastically KC?
Bit of swing work going on. Not sure how reliable any of those numbers are... not exactly a flightscope. Only thing for certain is how consistent my driver swing is :alien:

Consistency looked pretty solid and things look solid. Just didnt remember you hitting anywhere near that high previously.

Consistency looked pretty solid and things look solid. Just didnt remember you hitting anywhere near that high previously.
Results today can very easily be an anamonly lol

It was at 9°. Perhaps I need to put the weight forward. I wasn't a fan of the sound/feel with weight there though

Yeah I didn't like the sound or feel at the #1 position. the #2 was better. Didn't spend any time with the weight all the way back because the ball just launched way too high there

Yeah I didn't like the sound or feel at the #1 position. the #2 was better. Didn't spend any time with the weight all the way back because the ball just launched way too high there

Yes definitely the slide works as prescribed.

Yes definitely the slide works as prescribed.

Interesting and similar to what I found as well. One of the best sliding weights from any company I have seen to date.

Interesting and similar to what I found as well. One of the best sliding weights from any company I have seen to date.

That's what I saw as well. It did exactly what it says it does and provided instant visual feedback on the change to track position.

That's nuts Kang. You swing slightly slower than me but are getting almost 2mph more ball speed and 20 more yards of carry. :/

That's nuts Kang. You swing slightly slower than me but are getting almost 2mph more ball speed and 20 more yards of carry. :/
Swing speed is most likely not accurate. It's calculated from ballspeed by using a preset smash factor. It's all about trying to maximize what we have. Ideal launch conditions is what I strive for but we all know the strike is inconsistent for most of us

Ever so closer to release and hopefully one to hit locally.

pretty good list of no charge shaft upgrades on cobragolf.com when you are building one of these. I have my eye on the Rogue Black 60 and the Kuro Kage Silver TiNi. I think the HZRDUS is probably too strong for my swing...either way, nice to have options!

a90939f742ce8cb8dbbc2b951a2ac4ef.jpg

Stopped in Edwin Watts today at lunch to check this one out. Not one F6, F6+ or LTD in the store.

Not one.

Sheesh

Stopped in Edwin Watts today at lunch to check this one out. Not one F6, F6+ or LTD in the store.

Not one.

Sheesh

Well that sucks

Took several swings with the F6 saturday evening in the sim. Plenty of distance and fairly low spinning in the stock configuration. Quite forgiving as well. Friend picked this one up Sunday morning before his round. Very impressive in distance and forgiveness.

As a 20 HCP I usually hit sky balls off the tee. The longest drives I have are with my SLDR but I am looking for something more forgiving. (plus I just want something new). I like the sound of the lower spin on of + but wonder if I would be better off with the regular. Any thoughts would be appreciated. SS is usually mid to high 90s, but I am over the top and flip so distance is usually 200-220.

Do you know your peak height? Reason I ask is a lot of times we think the ball is too high and it's not.

As to the two drivers, I think both offer pretty low spin. The + has a bit lower CG thanks to the new materials in the track.

I have to say, as much as I love the LTD I do not like the sound/feel of this one and I am shocked.

I agree. I bought it and hit it twice . I had to sell it because the sound was so bad.,

I agree. I bought it and hit it twice . I had to sell it because the sound was so bad.,

I agree here as well. I even think the W/S FG Tour M3 driver sounded better. That's saying something. But the LTD and F6 on the other hand are fantastic

Do you know your peak height? Reason I ask is a lot of times we think the ball is too high and it's not.

As to the two drivers, I think both offer pretty low spin. The + has a bit lower CG thanks to the new materials in the track.

Thanks for the reply, I don't know the answer. I do get very little roll. My playing partner hits the ball very low and gets a TON or roll. Might ball goes high and then just sits. Can usually see where it landed when I address the ball for the second shot.

I hit this and the F6 yesterday very quickly. F6+ sounds pretty bad for some reason, worse than G30. F6 sounded good and I'd probably lean that way.
I like the tech in both but I didn't start to play with the weights as I was using the wrong loft for me anyways.

I hit this and the F6 yesterday very quickly. F6+ sounds pretty bad for some reason, worse than G30. F6 sounded good and I'd probably lean that way.
I like the tech in both but I didn't start to play with the weights as I was using the wrong loft for me anyways.

I have seen several comments about the sound and feel of the F6 + being very undesirable.

I have seen several comments about the sound and feel of the F6 + being very undesirable.

I have found that the ball you play can change the sound. Off my king ltd, provs had the least likable sound.

Back