THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Two weeks between THP picks and Captains picks. Plenty of time for bribery to work. :). Kidding....kind of

It is good to have ROYAL friends. :wink:

I love the formats! A different one on each 9 really changes things up. Or confuses some ... I don't know which. LOL

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You are easily confused, but don't worry. Your partner will tell you when/where to hit the ball :alien:

The formats seems awesome. I haven't played many of the formats besides shamble, but modified pinehurst seems like a really cool format.

You are easily confused, but don't worry. Your partner will tell you when/where to hit the ball :alien:
That's true. Just tell me where to hit it ... that's all the direction I need. Someone else take care of the score.

Going to be a good contest and lots of content for people to read and discuss on the 15th. Could set some kind of record for threads being started.

Wonder which will have more, this or the contest last year where people had to start 5 threads each.

Two weeks between THP picks and Captains picks. Plenty of time for bribery to work. :). Kidding....kind of

Now that the format has been established, it is with extreme disappointment, that I must remove my name from the list of candidates to represent the DMV. Knowing that playing 36 holes in a day is required, I must recognize my physical limitations. By the last nine, I most likely will be rather exhausted which will be compounded by the alternate shot format which will require my best efforts. Efforts that I am not confident I can deliver. After undergoing a multitude of tests and procedures, I asked my doctors "How do I stand". They responded "That's what we are trying to figure out".

Make no mistake, I will be with the team in spirit.

Now that the format has been established, it is with extreme disappointment, that I must remove my name from the list of candidates to represent the DMV. Knowing that playing 36 holes in a day is required, I must recognize my physical limitations. By the last nine, I most likely will be rather exhausted which will be compounded by the alternate shot format which will require my best efforts. Efforts that I am not confident I can deliver. After undergoing a multitude of tests and procedures, I asked my doctors "How do I stand". They responded "That's what we are trying to figure out".

That sucks man - but you getting better is by far a bigger priority! We'll play at some point this year!

Quick announcement for the 1st 18 holes

When your 2nd 9 hole match ends, you are going to be asked to come off the course. This is to make sure everybody has time to finish the 1st 18, get bags swapped on different carts, grab something to eat if they choose and get ready for the next 18 holes.

Failure to do so will have some ramifications that could result in the rest of your team being a bit upset.
The second 18 should be no issue with everybody finishing all 18 holes, and assuming daylight is okay, everybody can play that one out.

More coming on time later.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you keep getting better!!

I am sorry to hear about your health issues, I hope they get resolved quickly.

We will be Team DMV biggest supporters that is for sure. I already know that I can not be on the team due to a wedding but I will be following along and cheering on Team DMV to victory as best I can.

Take it easy man and I look forward to the next outing!

That's true. Just tell me where to hit it ... that's all the direction I need. Someone else take care of the score.

I'm with you there. I just hit good shots and let the chips fly where they may. Strategy and format not needed to be understood when/if you just hole it out from the fairway!

Sorry to hear that brother!

Man I am excited about this....fingers crossed

Take care of yourself first. Golf will still be here when you get back!

Take care of yourself first. Golf will still be here when you get back!

Yes take care of yourself and I'm glad to see your sense of humor hasn't deserted you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That stinks, but get healthy and there will be lots more golf for sure.

I am sorry to hear about your health issues, I hope they get resolved quickly.

We will be Team DMV biggest supporters that is for sure. I already know that I can not be on the team due to a wedding but I will be following along and cheering on Team DMV to victory as best I can.

Take it easy man and I look forward to the next outing!

You are correct, we will be Team DMV's most enthusiastic supporters. Moreover, I hope to be there to cheer them on. While I appreciate the well wishes by my THP buds, I don't want to give the impression that I have one foot in the grave, it's just that I must recognize my current physical limitations. At this writing, 36 holes is pushing my physical limits. It has actually been suggested that I play 9 or 18 holes while wearing a holter monitor. It was my hope that by the time the teams were selected, that the doctors would have said, this caused your problem and this is how you respond. But that has not happened, all the tests show that I am in reasonably good shape for my age other than the need to lose about 25 pounds. Trust me, I will be at the outings and hopefully other THP events, it's just not a good idea at this writing.

i like the sign up process. a good way to keep things engaging and stimulated :).

Quick announcement for the 1st 18 holes

When your 2nd 9 hole match ends, you are going to be asked to come off the course. This is to make sure everybody has time to finish the 1st 18, get bags swapped on different carts, grab something to eat if they choose and get ready for the next 18 holes.

Failure to do so will have some ramifications that could result in the rest of your team being a bit upset.
The second 18 should be no issue with everybody finishing all 18 holes, and assuming daylight is okay, everybody can play that one out.

More coming on time later.

Good idea. So if you're 10 and 8 just head in?

sux to hear you have to withdraw your entry. Health is number one priority and hope they get it figured out soon

UvaWahoo:
Sorry to hear about your withdrawal from the event. Best to get your health in order so you can join future outings! Get healthy first and foremost my friend as golf and your golfing buddies will be here when you are up to playing just a round.

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it. Hope that your health improves sooner than later.

So nervous waiting for the announcement....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear this. Hope for a speedy recovery. I also hope to tee it up with you sometime this year in a local outing.

get healthy buddy, we will be playing wth you in spirit and look forward to seeing you at another event

Back