The best shot of the round

2 shots stood out today. First was the first iron swing of the day on the 3rd hole a Par 3. A PW from 140 yards to about 4 feet:

2f087b20c88bd9db9898857398f17f22.jpg

The second was on the 18th hole, a nasty Par 4 at the Fort. About 200 into the green, I hit a 4 iron to about 10-12 feet. My back foot slipped during the swing but managed to keep the swing going.

Had a 4i from a little under 200 on a par 3 that went right over the flag. One of the ups in a day full of ups and downs in terms of ball striking.

PW from 135 out of the rough with a left/right wind.

Started it left of the hole and let the wind work it back online, watching it hit about 12 feet beyond the hole and spin back a bit.

Love doing exactly what I want to do. Makes me very happy.

Snaked in a 20 foot birdie on a particular 3.

Par 3 161y to a green were the pin is on the back lower tier which is all down sloped and away. I decide to fly it in there. The shot needs to be towering high and land soft to get close to the pin and not run off the back of the green for a chip back. I hit a smooth pured 7i high draw to land n hold, for a tap in birdie. It gave a big divot. Ball was still 3-4ft short of the pin. It landed on the down hill slope. I usually hit 7i 165y avg. I could have dropped 10 balls down and still not been this good...Golf

image_10.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tee shot on 16 at Westridge, 161 yard par 3.

440y uphill par 4; toughest hole on the course. Had 190 left on my approach with the pin tight on the front. Hit a low bullet that never left the flag with my 3hyb that stopped on the fringe below the hole. Two putts for par.

185y par 3. There's a house behind the green. I use the basketball hoop in the driveway as my target line. Took a nice smooth swing with my 4hyb and it was dead on line - if I'd hit 3w it might've gone in the basket :)

Ended up pin high. 2 putts for par.

844d0d25a57b5e45cd8d3b8863d83b66.jpg

Hole 13, 160 yard par 3. Temp was high 40s so I was a bit unsure on the club selection but grabbed the 8. Had been hitting the irons dead straight all day so I aimed right at the pin. As soon as it left the club it looked good and never left the flag ,,,,clang,,,,,off the bottom of the flag and bounded back to a good 15'. Ball mark was 2" in front of the pin so it was pretty damn close to a slam dunk. Thankfully I made the birdie put. That put led to 3 birdies in 4 holes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

18th hole today..After a pretty good drive, had 188 to the pin.. With the wind blowing left to right, start it out way left and had it draw/blow back to about 15 feet of the pin. Was able to drop the putt for an eagle.

18th hole today..After a pretty good drive, had 188 to the pin.. With the wind blowing left to right, start it out way left and had it draw/blow back to about 15 feet of the pin. Was able to drop the putt for an eagle.

Nice dude if I remember correctly the trees are blocking much of the wind where you hitting from and the green is fully exposed to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice dude if I remember correctly the trees are blocking much of the wind where you hitting from and the green is fully exposed to it.

You are right, good memory..Houses and trees blocked the wind for most of the hole. The 18th green is right behind the 1st tee box and it the wind was blowing pretty hard when I got on the green.

Hit a 6i on a par 3 with a nice little fade to 4ft, then knocked in the putt. One of those swings where it was more play golf vs work on golf swing.

You are right, good memory..Houses and trees blocked the wind for most of the hole. The 18th green is right behind the 1st tee box and it the wind was blowing pretty hard when I got on the green.

I remember a decent bit of that course.

Makes that shot tough to judge on ball movement

The best shot of the round

From my round yesterday at #TheGrandaddy. Hole #6 I had 115 left after my tee shot and I had a slightly uphill lie. Put a smooth swing on an AW and it hopped and sucked back to 3 feet and was able to make birdie and win the hole. It was a thing of beauty

Last edited:
Par 5 third shot.....I'm currently without my lovely gap wedge, so today I had to choke down on my PW and I hit a beauty from about 125y to one foot. It took one hop then stopped on a dime. I thought I almost holed it, but still couldn't complain with the tap in birdie.

Par 5, third shot, 205 yds to the pin.
I hit my 5-wood 241 yds (!) and of course missed the green. But I loved the shot ;-)

Played today, landed in a deep greenside bunker on the far side of a fairly flat green from the hole. So deep that I could only see the top of the flag from my ball. I'm still a beginner so I just hoped I could get out of the bunker in one. Hit my 60 degree wedge and caught the sand a bit thick, but my mate started shouting "Get in! Get in!" So I knew it was good. Got out of the bunker and I was a foot away from the hole. Tapped in for my first ever birdie!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Almost my first hole in one.

158yard Par 3 playing uphill & into a quartering wind. Hit a pure 6i to 8" behind the cup.
be0cef8231bc9f55dccf42633d8d1740.jpg

5 wood off the tee from just over 200 out, put it 10' past the hole. 2 putts for par, but it was one of those shots that you know as soon as it comes off the face was as close to perfect as you can get.

75 yds out on 17. Hit a gap wedge 10 ft past and spun it back 5 ft below the hole.

This had to be my second into our first hole of the day. Par 5, hit an 8 iron to about 5ft and canned the eagle putt. Perfect way to start the round

2nd shot on #13. 397 yards. 3rd hardest hole on the course. A par is like a birdie for me on that hole. I hit a big drive and was left 152 out. Ball was below my feet and hitting into a stiff breeze. Normally a 7i for me at that distance but I went up to a 6i and knew it would cut a little with my stance. Easy swing and off it went. Cut perfectly like I'd hoped. It landed about 6 feet from the flag and rolled out to about 2 feet above the hole. Birdie putt. YAY.

Had a few others today but that one was the most satisfying.

Same hole I nearly had a HIO on twice around Thanksgiving was playing 128 yards today. Hit a PW that was tracking straight at the pin and, all of the sudden, a load noise as the ball hit the pin on the fly. It bound off about 4 feet right of the hole to set up a birdie. If I keep flirting with it enough, it is bound to happen eventually....

Back