Oban Hashimoto - Review Thread

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Twelve THP'ers who attended the 2015 #TheGrandaddy were also fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to get their hands on the newest shaft from Oban, the Hashimoto. This thread will serve for the ongoing thoughts/testing of this shaft and also provide a place for any questions to be asked.

The Hashimoto is actually a very limited release from Oban that was designed in coordination with Callaway R&D and will be offered as a custom upgrade option with the 816 Alpha and Great Big Bertha drivers (as well as through Oban dealers). From discussions that THP'ers were able to have with the heads of Oban, the shaft possesses a softer tip section while having more stiffness in the butt and mid sections of the shaft. It was described to us as a low spin design with higher launch and aimed at a large segment of golfers needs. Aesthetically its definitely a departure for the company which is know for some of the brightest colors out there, but the stealth look is extremely clean with its combination of matte and gloss finishes.

The Hashimoto will be released in extremely limited quantities and available in R (55g), S (65g), and X (65g) flexes.

More information will be put up as we get it in hand in terms of specifications, but an in depth introduction on the shaft (and info on Oban as well) can be heard on Callaway Golf's "The Fitting Room" podcast below.

https://soundcloud.com/callawaygolf/oban-reveals-new-limited-shaft-the-fitting-room-bonus-edition

In-Hand Images:

DSC_0629-L.jpg

DSC_0630-L.jpg

DSC_0631-L.jpg

DSC_0632-L.jpg

DSC_0637-L.jpg

DSC_0639-L.jpg

DSC_0638-L.jpg

DSC_0640-L.jpg

DSC_0641-L.jpg

• Staff
I'll say this...

FIRST TWELVE ANYWHERE TO HAVE AND TEST THIS SHAFT!!!!

How about that bit of awesome?

Does the shaft come in a protective sleeve? Is that what the first few photos are? Appears to be like a threaded case or something.

• Staff
Does the shaft come in a protective sleeve? Is that what the first few photos are? Appears to be like a threaded case or something.

Yep, its an insanely awesome drawstring pouch.

Hahaha, yep that's badass. Not the idea launch profile for me but I can see MANY fitting into this well.

Upgrade charge known?

That shaft sounds like is was designed for me so I am going to listen intently to the feedback that comes in from it.

The exclusivity of the shaft and the fact that THP is the first group to have these in hand and test is amazing. I'm not well-versed on Oban shafts so I'm curious to hear more feedback as the lucky 12 get to test them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that is a beautiful shaft. Wow. Can't wait to hear how it treats you James. High launch/low spin sounds like a deadly combo!

Out for 9 holes tomorrow morning. Gonna throw this in the GBB and get some shots in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll say this...

FIRST TWELVE ANYWHERE TO HAVE AND TEST THIS SHAFT!!!!

How about that bit of awesome?
That should be the definition of awesome!

Holy crap that's freakin cool. Really looking forward to this feedback!

Nothing short of awesome that you 12 were the first to experience this shaft! I really like the sounds of the shaft profile!

Have and always will love Oban Shafts. It'll be fun to follow along.

Hahaha, yep that's badass. Not the idea launch profile for me but I can see MANY fitting into this well.

Upgrade charge known?

I may be wrong here but I thought I heard him say $299 for the shaft

That is one awesome shaft cover. Look forward to hearing how the OBAN plays for everyone.

I will have this in play tomorrow

This shaft looks awesome and it's profile is just what I need. I'll take one in reg flex thanks!

Pretty cool podcast too. Especially at the 11:45 mark

Looks: check

Made for my swing: check

Badassery level: off the charts!!!

Very intrigued by this, looking forward to the reviews

Man, checking in on this one. Haven't put it into play yet but will soon! Great pictures Jman, this thing is going to look so effin good in the DBD

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be wrong here but I thought I heard him say $299 for the shaft

That's what I recall as well

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

This shaft is gorgeous. I really like the look of it! Can't wait to hear more about it and how it performs!!

Back