That's going to hurt. That was one rough tough football game last night. My beloved Packers pulled it out in the end, and it sure helped to have him out in the second half as he was having a nice game, and really laid the wood to Rogers on one play.

Kevin

Ouch...there goes the Bears' defense for the season without Urlacher anchoring it. :beat-up:

Feel sorry for the guy because he has had a lot of issues with staying health for the entire season, but on the other hand I dont feel sorry for him after that cheap shot he got in on Rodgers last night.
I still say the refs should have called a penalty for a late hit on that one. Its pretty bad when it was at least 3 seconds after Rodgers threw the ball and Urlacher comes barreling in with a full head of steam and almost takes Rodgers' head off.
Thats the Bears for ya though, when the game is close they start taking cheap shots, playing dirty and making BS challenges.

That's going to hurt. That was one rough tough football game last night. My beloved Packers pulled it out in the end, and it sure helped to have him out in the second half as he was having a nice game, and really laid the wood to Rogers on one play.

Kevin

GO PACK GO! I used to live in Chicago and grew up a Packers fan! Go figure. Good riddance to Urlacher, he always a dirtly player and could never stay healthy for that matter. The packers defense looked better than the bears anyways..........

Feel sorry for the guy because he has had a lot of issues with staying health for the entire season, but on the other hand I dont feel sorry for him after that cheap shot he got in on Rodgers last night.
I still say the refs should have called a penalty for a late hit on that one. Its pretty bad when it was at least 3 seconds after Rodgers threw the ball and Urlacher comes barreling in with a full head of steam and almost takes Rodgers' head off.
Thats the Bears for ya though, when the game is close they start taking cheap shots, playing dirty and making BS challenges.

How about that BS call for illegal contact in the third quarter that almost cost us the game. If anything it should have been illegal formation on the bears...........

Now now - I remember a certain Packer once upon a time taking a much cheaper shot at a Bears quarterback - while carrying his hit list on his towel...:D

Gotta love those black'n'blue division rivalry games.

Now now - I remember a certain Packer once upon a time taking a much cheaper shot at a Bears quarterback - while carrying his hit list on his towel...:D

LOL I knew someone was going to bring that up............:angry:

LOL I knew someone was going to bring that up............:angry:

Couldn't help it. My whole family is Bears fans - was even watching that game when it happened. If they had to lose, better to the Packers than the Viqueens. :angel:

Ouch...there goes the Bears' defense for the season without Urlacher anchoring it. :beat-up:

And of course, I have them in our fantasy league.:confused2:

How about that BS call for illegal contact in the third quarter that almost cost us the game. If anything it should have been illegal formation on the bears...........
Or those 2 BS challenges that Lovie Smith made.

I agree, love those games because those 2 teams hate each other and no matter how bad either team is playing that year they elevate their game because the rivalry is such a big deal.

Urlacher being out isn't going to make any difference. How many superbowls has the guy won? Been to one & they stunk.

Urlacher being out isn't going to make any difference. How many superbowls has the guy won? Been to one & they stunk.

Yeah, but that's their bad for not getting rid of that crappy QB they had earlier in the season. That's what they get for taking one that went to Florida. (love ya GG!) The team rode the defense's coattails to the Super Bowl in '06 and hasn't done as well the past two years where he's been hurt.

9 seasons in the NFL: 6x Pro Bowl Selection, 4x All Pro Selection, Defensive Rookie of the Year ('00), Football Digest Defensive Player of the Year ('01), AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year ('05), Hold Bears All-Time Record for tackles in a season.

Nah, they won't miss him at all....:banghead:

Or those 2 BS challenges that Lovie Smith made.

Not only that but how about that stupid ass direct snap?!?! I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard!:clapp:

Say what??? :bulgy-eyes: Its going to make a HUGE difference to the Bears because its going to put a huge hole in their defense. Now, teams will have no reason to not run it up the middle on them.
If Cutler doesnt get his act together, the Bears are screwed.

Not only that but how about that stupid ass direct snap?!?! I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard!:clapp:
I think that was the long-snappers idea, not the coach's. You could see in the replay that the long-snapper called that play by looking back and pointing at the player he snapped the ball to.
I do agree with you though in that I dont understand what they were thinking on that one though. Apparently the long-snapper thought he saw an opportunity to exploit the Packers' defense.

Say what??? :bulgy-eyes: Its going to make a HUGE difference to the Bears because its going to put a huge hole in their defense. Now, teams will have no reason to not run it up the middle on them.
If Cutler doesnt get his act together, the Bears are screwed.

Like I posted, Urlacher being out won't make a damn difference. They have sucked with him & will suck just as bad without him. The guy gets the fan votes for pro-bowls, big deal.

Urlacher is a good player and losing him hurts, but Lance Briggs is the best player on that team.

Kevin

Yeah, but that's their bad for not getting rid of that crappy QB they had earlier in the season. That's what they get for taking one that went to Florida. (love ya GG!) The team rode the defense's coattails to the Super Bowl in '06 and hasn't done as well the past two years where he's been hurt.

9 seasons in the NFL: 6x Pro Bowl Selection, 4x All Pro Selection, Defensive Rookie of the Year ('00), Football Digest Defensive Player of the Year ('01), AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year ('05), Hold Bears All-Time Record for tackles in a season.

Nah, they won't miss him at all....:banghead:

All those stats you put WERE great 4 YEARS AGO, he has been over rated, and prone to injury the past two, but I didn't see where you said that......

Like I posted, Urlacher being out won't make a damn difference. They have sucked with him & will suck just as bad without him. The guy gets the fan votes for pro-bowls, big deal.

+1 to that

All those stats you put WERE great 4 YEARS AGO, he has been over rated, and prone to injury the past two, but I didn't see where you said that......

Urlacher is already old as a football player that means more injuries and less speed, less effectiveness. It happens fast. Look at LT who is probably also done. Don't trash a former great player by calling him overrated, that is wrong. You can say he is done. That may be true. Over rated? No he can still when healthy outplay 90% of the young and dumb linebackers in the league.

Wow, so much hate for the guy. Overrated is a pretty strong statement for someone with a career like his. Most linebackers would pray to be considered as good as he is.

Yes, he's had injuries the past two seasons. I did state that, and that the past two seasons the Bears have performed poorly. Coincidence? Look at the past 4 seasons:

2005: 11-5, won division
2006: 13-3, won division, lost Super Bowl
2007: 7-9, Urlacher injured
2008: 9-7, Urlacher injured

He has a huge impact on how their defense plays, and without him they suffer.

Update, notice the Bears record since losing Urlacher 2-0.

Back