Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Hybrid - THP Review Thread

Philly
What yardage are you using the 5h for ?

Philly
Nice review.

Any chance you could provide some measurements for me ?

How tall the face is in the center? Just about 1.5 inches

How wide the face is ? Just about 4 inches

How large the head is from from to back ? Just about 2.5 inches

Would like to see how it compares to my Trilogy 5h.

Check above for measurements.

It's a 165 - 175 yard club for me.

Check above for measurements.

It's a 165 - 175 yard club for me.

Thanks for the measurements. Are you sure the face width is correct? 4" of face seems too wide for a hybrid.

My Trilogy 5h measures:
Face height: 1 3/8"
Face width: 3"
Front to back of crown: 2 3/8"
I use it for around 165-168-ish

The ex9 seems a little bigger than the Trilogy. Which I think the Trilogy is bigger than most.
I prefer a larger hybrid so I might check the ex9 out.

Thanks for the measurements. Are you sure the face width is correct? 4" of face seems too wide for a hybrid.

My Trilogy 5h measures:
Face height: 1 3/8"
Face width: 3"
Front to back of crown: 2 3/8"
I use it for around 165-168-ish

The ex9 seems a little bigger than the Trilogy. Which I think the Trilogy is bigger than most.
I prefer a larger hybrid so I might check the ex9 out.

I measured from the heel, so it's a little over 3 inches otherwise.

I measured from the heel, so it's a little over 3 inches otherwise.

Gotcha. I was taking just the hit-able area on the face.

Normally my local store carries Exotics stuff. Anyone know if these are in stores yet ?

Philly,
Did the shot shape seem biased one way or the other ? Draw, fade or more straight ?

For me, I would say draw biased if not straight. Definitely not fade biased.

Ok cool thanks

I got my first round in with the club today. I hit it around 10 times, from different lies, the rough, uphill and downhill, and hit it great every single time. There is something with this slip stream, as it was very easy to hit this out of some pretty nasty rough. Ball flight continues to be high with a slight draw. I find it easy to hit, it gets to the distance I want each time and is very versatile. It is exactly what I need out of a 5h and I'll continue to game it.

This is easily the most forgiving hybrid I've hit of Tour Edge and with the sharp looks and profile, many should give this a try head to head with the others out there before deciding on a hybrid.

Took a few swings with the EX9 when I played w/ OITW. For a 19 degree hybrid, I had absolutely zero issues launching this off the deck - usually that's about the loft where things get a bit tough for me. I was really, really impressed. It's a really nice looking profile down by the ball.

Once again big TY to Jman for this.

First time on course with this bad Larry and my initial thoughts are positive. Took 3 swings with it and each time was a solid ball strike two were out of the rough and the 3rd was from the fairway.

Definitely a solid 3I replacement club, I need more time with it to see how it compares to the J15 and what the distance is on this for me.

Also really like the pairing of the recoil shaft in this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guys. Do you find the recoils play a little firm to flex? I typically hit my 4h (23*) around 170-175 yds and play R flex in my Trilogy hybrids. But in demoing the Bertha hybrid with recoil the R felt like a board to me and seemed to hit the A flex better in it. Was curious how the EX9 recoil plays.

Guys. Do you find the recoils play a little firm to flex? I typically hit my 4h (23*) around 170-175 yds and play R flex in my Trilogy hybrids. But in demoing the Bertha hybrid with recoil the R felt like a board to me and seemed to hit the A flex better in it. Was curious how the EX9 recoil plays.

The one I have is stiff and it didn't feel any firmer that than my tour green stiff in my j15 hybrid and felt less firm than the xflex tour green in the heavenwood I have.

Hope that helps.

Mine is in regular flex and it doesn't feel at that firm to me.

It's quickly become very reliable for me. I get a high ball flight which I actually enjoy since it makes hitting targets easier for me.

Thanks guys. I'm going over my local shop soon and hope to see them as they normally carry some TEE stuff.

The one I have is stiff and it didn't feel any firmer that than my tour green stiff in my j15 hybrid and felt less firm than the xflex tour green in the heavenwood I have.

Hope that helps.

I'd agree - and I'd say that even though the recoil gives a bit more "iron-like" feel, overall it felt a little less stout to me than the J15 hybrid (I played out of OITW's bag a bit today...)

Put this back in the bag last weekend in replacement of the Heavenwood. Only hit one shot off the tee with it, this will stay in the bag a few more rounds, as I'm more comfortable with hybrids than woods and I love the sole for turf interaction.

Hit this club a couple of times yesterday both shots from the rough and this is probably one of the best hybrids I've hit from the rough, had one tee shot with it yesterday that wasn't that great, but it was more me than the club for sure. This is a great compliment to my 21* J15 hybrid.

I need to get on a LM and see how this is 19* gaps with my J15

I am pondering a pair of these to replace my 21* and 24* J40's. Jman's review and the feedback in here are awesome, somehow this one flew under the radar for me. Hoping to be able to hit it at my local shop and do some comparison.

Sounds like a couple of you guys also have J15's, how would you compare this club to the J15 in forgiveness, distance, etc? I'm thinking I would go 19* and 22* to replace my 21* and 24* and hopefully pick up a couple yards in each spot.

Lower ball flight for me. I didn't find either of them all that forgiving when compared to what else is out in the market.

Lower ball flight for me. I didn't find either of them all that forgiving when compared to what else is out in the market.

As in the EX9 had lower flight?

Thanks for the forgiveness comment. What would you recommend?

As in the EX9 had lower flight?

Thanks for the forgiveness comment. What would you recommend?

Yes, the EX had a lower flight for me.
Not sure I am the guy to help you here as we seem to like different clubs in every category.

Yes, the EX had a lower flight for me.
Not sure I am the guy to help you here as we seem to like different clubs in every category.

That's true, but at this stage I'm really just shortlisting stuff to try so more options can't hurt. Who knows, might just be the exception that proves the rule!

This thing has some gorgeous lines all the way around. Not a big fan of the sole but no one see the sole so no big deal. Would definitely love to compare it to my current 2hy (gaming) and 3hy (not gaming).

Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back