2016 Masters Thread & Contest - Amazing Prize

Catching the replay now...amazing that 15 played over par today for the field.

Love the Masters. Even fun to watch the replay at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great talk in here today everyone. I will see you all shortly before 11 tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I was only able to catch the last half hour today and probably the same tomorrow but I just hope we get some drama going into the weekend.

So where does everyone think the cut line ends? Right now it's at +4. I think it's ends up being around +2.

Don't know if anyone else has AT&T Uverse? If so you need to check out the Masters interactive experience. Cool content, videos, history, pictures, leaderboard, and fly overs of every single hole. Just an FYI.

Direct tv has the same. It's pretty neat.

What a great first day! I wish Els luck tom. Hopefully he and Leadbetter get it figured out.

Catching the replay now...amazing that 15 played over par today for the field.

I was in attendance there today and spent a lot of time at 15 and the wind was dead into the players, so many elected to lay up. Of those players, not many hit good wedge shots in there on their 3rd shot.

Dax

So where does everyone think the cut line ends? Right now it's at +4. I think it's ends up being around +2.
That sounds about right to me!

I was in attendance there today and spent a lot of time at 15 and the wind was dead into the players, so many elected to lay up. Of those players, not many hit good wedge shots in there on their 3rd shot.

Dax

Did I win the lottery, buy tix, or know someone? Always interested in how people get in...

Masters Winner

Masters Winner

Now that the first round is complete.....who do you think will win?

I have to to go with Spieth who was not my pick before it started. If he is going to putt like that again this year, I think he doubles up!

Staying with your first pick or jumping ship?

Hard to bet against Jordan, but if Day can shake off the couple of poor shots he paid for, it's hard to dismiss him making waves on the weekend.

Still, if I had to pick, based on what I saw today, I'd either say Jordan or Shane Lowry, who just seems to be approaching this weekend with such an extraordinary attitude. He seems like the only player in the field who won't get eaten by a bad shot or two.

I hate the Masters. As far as I'm concerned it represents everything bad about golf. Any person/organization who takes themselves so seriously just turns me off.

I'm a big baseball fan. As much as that game can be criticized for being stuck in the past, unwilling to change, and out of touch, the Masters just blows it away.

I'll pay attention as long as Spieth is in contention, but I seriously dislike the tournament.

Dax

it's almost like 2nd shots were affected by the wind, but 3rd shots weren't. i always find it interesting when so many guys miss the exact same way and in the exact same spot. tells me there's something to the conditions that tricks people over and over.

Hmm. I respectfully disagree with literally everything you just said. But to each is their own I suppose.

I only got to catch some random highlights today, but man a few shockers. Some of the people I thought would have had a better first day ended up kind of far back, and others I didn't think would get as good of a score as they did, faired quite well. Either way, I think tomorrow is going to show some real amazing golf and scoring. I think that first day jitters are out and Tomorrow is the beginning of those that will start to separate more from the pack.

The most insane thing I still cannot get out of my head is Ernie Els yipping all those short putts on the first hole. I just was watching in awe a clip of it and showed a co worked who I play golf with on occasion and he was shocked at that.

I know we all miss a short putt like that from time to time or even often as in my case probably more often than I would like, but Ernie's yips were out of control. He just didn't take the time I think to take the shot. It seemed like he was just rushing it and it cost him big time.

Ill be honest here and say something that is going to change your viewing for the rest of the day.
Shane lowry looks like he is wearing a diaper.

Now enjoy the next time he swings.
I was thinking the same thing every time I saw Ricky in those joggers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I didn't manage to see too much of the coverage yesterday as I was out yesterday evening (and the obvious UK time difference) so it wasn't until I got back home that I saw a message from a friend about Ernie and his first hole putting woes

Speith looked to have had a fairly solid round, and Rory absolutely murdered the par 5 when he cut the corner with his drive. I think Day has to be disappointed after being at -5 to then drop so many shots in a couple of holes

I also managed to catch up on some of the par 3 contest so saw the double HIO - wonder what the odds were of that happening? Has it ever happened before? Or has there been an occasion when everyone in the group has had one on the same hole?

The only way I might be able to keep up today is via the Masters app on my phone to keep an eye on the leaderboard, unless I can sneak on here

Wonder if Ricky and Bubba have plans to hang out this weekend. Not in Georgia

I hate the Masters. As far as I'm concerned it represents everything bad about golf. Any person/organization who takes themselves so seriously just turns me off.

I'm a big baseball fan. As much as that game can be criticized for being stuck in the past, unwilling to change, and out of touch, the Masters just blows it away.

I'll pay attention as long as Spieth is in contention, but I seriously dislike the tournament.
Can't say I agree. While I understand you really should look at clubs like Butler National with an equally great course that is mens only and won't change while doing nothing to grow the game. ANGC does a lot for golf.

What a great day of golf to watch along with yesterday. Many big numbers going up on the first hole. Couldn't believe Ricky on the first hole and to see Ernie do what he did kinda hurt to watch being a huge Ernie fan ,but I know how he feels I do that sometimes, it to leaves me thinking WTH ?

Any speculation on what the cut line will be?

+3 up to +5

Back