Your Favorite Green

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I was talking with a Morgan Cup participant recently about the 8th green on the Ocean course being my favorite green ever because of the scenery and overall how it is setup. It got me thinking about memorable greens and what I like and don't like.

Thinking back, do you have a favorite green?

I'll tell you after next Thursday at Bay Hill.

Being dead serious.

Prior to that, two or three of the holes at Shady Oaks stick in my head nut I can't remember hole number.

18 @ True Blue. For many reasons.

Love/Hate for me is #17 at Tampa Palms.

Especially when the pin is forward.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

For scenery, I love this one from Top of the World, which is up in the Lake George area.

golf-cta.jpg

For hole design and difficulty, 15 at Bethpage Black. Hole sits 20ish yards above the fairway, and then it multiple tiers with argueably the most slope of any of those greens.

2011_10_25_02155.jpg

Fun question. I could sit and think about it but for me the first one that comes to mind is #14 at Tobiano.
Its drivable, has a killer view, I've made lots of birdies on it, and lots of great memories of golfing with friends and family.

Yeah the 8th green at the ocean course was amazing! The view from the par 4 11th looking up towards the par 3 12th green there was awesome as well with the resort and the sun lighting it up.

One that has stayed with me from a while ago were the 11th green at Kapalua Plantation course and most recently the green at the Par 3 3rd at Spyglass with the ocean and the background and then the 4th green was so small and skinny but was awesome because you could land it just on top or short of a slope in the middle of the green and the undulation would take the ball all the way back to the pin back there.

Gotta say that 8 and 17 at Hammock Beach Ocean are both top notch!

I gotta go with 18 at Hammock Beach Ocean at #1 for me. The memory of @masteryagley and I finishing our epic MC fuel with a halve against @tadashi70 and @jdtox and the handshakes and hugs after are a memory I’ll have forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c9f524dedd7d859c778a1e8ddf8d57c8.png

Here is the shot we took right after we finished on 18!

Don't really have a favorite. I like them all

View from the back of #18 at my home course. Great finishing hole, par 5, with a tricky green.

course10.jpg

Hard to beat this one for me. Newcastle Golf Course in Washington. 1st hole is a crazy 620 yard par 5 but the view is incredible.

39f8651257515b3a7156b03f65901155.jpg

This is easy. 18th hole at Gatlinburg Golf Course. It’s a decent green, but I love it because of the golf trip my buddies and I go on every year. We have gone on our golf trip for 10 years and played this course probably 25 times over that span. So many good memories finishing up and hanging out drinking beer around this green as the rest of the groups finish. It’s also a slanted green and the approach is over water. If you’re the last group in and there is a putt that means something everyone is watching you so there can be some pressure.

My favorite green? The one where at the start of every round I feel good about my game.... The Practice Green.

Gotta say that 8 and 17 at Hammock Beach Ocean are both top notch!

I gotta go with 18 at Hammock Beach Ocean at #1 for me. The memory of @masteryagley and I finishing our epic MC fuel with a halve against @tadashi70 and @jdtox and the handshakes and hugs after are a memory I’ll have forever!

Loved #8 at Hammock, but Conservatory.... I believe #8 also, the island green hole with the trees on the right bunker in front left and the green undulating.... was very picturesque and memorable, and my favorite of the 2

I will also vote for 8 or 17 at Hammock Beach.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

#8 at Falconhead was such a cool green being out on a ledge. More than 50% of the green was on top of this huge rock.

3d3306f41f930f7adf887d6740c43924.jpg

#14 at the Coeur d'Alene Resort course. Every time I play it, I am amazed at the view and the technology behind the worlds only floating green.

8641435147_d540f8eb50_z.jpg

My choice for favorite green

be80c85067e25d57d52116457e9defdf.jpg

Greens I've played?

I thought of a lot of different answers, but there can really only be one answer:

pbgl-7thhole-wave-bartkeagy-1-1820x1024.jpg

#18 at Pinehurst #2. Fun coming in with everyone on the patio watching.

#18 at Pinehurst #2. Fun coming in with everyone on the patio watching.

That is a very cool experience!

I don't have a favorite green really, but I do have a fascination with double greens. Anytime a play a course that has one I love it... Especially when 2 groups are putting at the same time!

That is a very cool experience!

I don't have a favorite green really, but I do have a fascination with double greens. Anytime a play a course that has one I love it... Especially when 2 groups are putting at the same time!

My first experience with a double green was at Black Wolf Run - River course in Kohler, WI. I was using my GPS watch on my wrist to give me middle green yardage and what it was giving me just didn't seem right at all. Come to find out it was giving me the other pins yardage lol

My first experience with a double green was at Black Wolf Run - River course in Kohler, WI. I was using my GPS watch on my wrist to give me middle green yardage and what it was giving me just didn't seem right at all. Come to find out it was giving me the other pins yardage lol

Haha! That's really funny and I guess that is one drawback to double greens!

Haha! That's really funny and I guess that is one drawback to double greens!

Yeah it was wild because you couldn't see the other pin because of the tree line on the left. I didn't have my range finder as it was in my buddies cart clear across the fairway as he hit it wayyyy right. So I was like hell ill just hit it to middle yardage and go from there. Then I look down at my watch, look up, look down, look up....and was the "the f*ck?!" So I did it the old school way, found a yardage marker in the fairway and stepped it off approx. It worked out ok. When I get up to the green past the trees on the left then I see the pin and I was like....now that is wild. Then one of the guys in the group was like yeah the other course shares this green.

Back