Buying used Taylormades, Speedblade or PSI?

Lrdchaos

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking to upgrade my Nike Ignites that I purchased in the early 2000. I haven't played much the last couple of years with kids, but they start school in a month and I'm looking to increase my playing time. I'm looking at 2 sets, both are 2 years old with minimal play time. One is the Speedblade for 275 the other is the PSI for 360 dollars, the Speedblades are 4-pw and the PSi's are 4-Aw. For someone looking to upgrade clubs that can't swing either set what is your recommendation for a good all around set?

Tough call. Both good irons.
PSI is a bit more modern, but I think more THPers liked the Speedblade.

Speedblades by far and away. PSi were a big ole meh, imo. Speedblades were the best TM had released until the 790's

I'm leaning more towards the Speedblades, they have regular shafts where the PSI's have a stiff shaft.

I'm leaning more towards the Speedblades, they have regular shafts where the PSI's have a stiff shaft.
They're just a ridiculously fun set, I think you'd enjoy them.

Speedblades were a great iron. Psi was ok at best imo. issues with the polymer coming out of the polymer filled slots were known to defect also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have hit both and would go Speedblades.

I’ll second the rest of the responses here.

Thanks guys...Speedblades it is.

I know several guys that are still playing Speedblades. Most everybody’s moved on from PSI.

The Speedblades are going to be much more forgiving and are a really, really fun set to play with even to this day. PSI's, while they look nice, are a much smaller profile and despite the face slots, they didn't really impress me at all in any respect.

You are going to love them. They were my first set of irons I was really fit into and the were amazing.

Picked them up today, first round is on Thursday!

Thanks

Back