2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To meet the first goal, you need more calories. The flexibility will be taken care of lifting a full range of motion. Also, focus on the primary lifts and mix in assistance lifts. I can't help with the quickness/athleticism. That's genetic. But we can make you stronger.

Looking good with your shirt off, well, best quote for that, "A six pack on a skinny guy is like big t_ts on a fat chick." ;)

I've always had quickness/athleticism but in some sports I'm starting to loose a step. Getting old sucks. ,,

to the bolded, I'm not sure how to take that unless your into big chicks:act-up:

Here is my typical day with food.
Morning coffee
9am 2 peperoni sticks
10:30am kiwi
2pm quarter of a pineapple
4pm half a pomegranate
8:30 dinner good size hunk of meat and veg usually cauliflower or green beans.
That's a pretty clean diet actually. Not a ton of calories, but that's pretty clean. I would recommend some whole milk.
That's a good one :)
Of course big cans on a fat girl is not all bad :D

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Not going to argue there!

I've always had quickness/athleticism but in some sports I'm starting to loose a step. Getting old sucks. ,,

to the bolded, I'm not sure how to take that unless your into big chicks:act-up:

I can't help the getting old part. I'm not that smart ;)

Haha.

That's a pretty clean diet actually. Not a ton of calories, but that's pretty clean. I would recommend some whole milk.

Haha.
On a serious note it sounds like scrap iron could be a hard gainer, more calories would be a good idea.
Maybe add some in between meals like protein pancakes or egg whites and Turkey bacon type of snacks

Haha.

Every two weeks I treat myself to a family size bag of chips and the next day I'm on high alert for a code brown. I also throw in some nuts from time to time that I keep in my office.

I should add that I know with the more I go to the gym the looking good part is just going to come. Plus I'm handsome to start with, at least that what my mom tells me.

Every two weeks I treat myself to a family size bag of chips and the next day I'm on high alert for a code brown. I also throw in some nuts from time to time that I keep in my office.

I should add that I know with the more I go to the gym the looking good part is just going to come. Plus I'm handsome to start with, at least that what my mom tells me.
Whole milk.

What do you mean hard gainer?

Hard time gaining weight. Essentially, a genetically thin guy.

Yup, the most I ever weighed was 2 months ago before I started going back to the gym and that was 182 with a 33 inch waist now I'm 172 and a 30 inch waist. I have always been a really active guy though. Lots of hockey summer/winter, roller blading, hiking, snowboarding oh and golf and I have been involved with gyms in the past.

If I can get the TRX up I'll be able to do some more body weight (+ vest possibly) stuff.

The gym is 5000 miles away. LOL

What happened to the gym?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

If I can get the TRX up I'll be able to do some more body weight (+ vest possibly) stuff.

The gym is 5000 miles away. LOL

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
So the gym didn't go anywhere, you did.

What do you mean hard gainer?
A hard gainer means it's hard to keep your weight up.
I am a hard gainer as I will peak at a weight then it is very hard for me to add muscle.

opposite of hard gainer; also PR bench press

opposite of hard gainer; also PR bench press

I am the opposite of hard gainer. Whatever that is. 25 years ago as senior in HS was ripped 6' 225. 6' 275 now. I'm big boned like Eric Cartmann.

Anyway, I benched the 2 heaviest weights in my life last night. Had been stuck on 285 and spent my last 3 sessions of bench doing 5@255, then 5@265. Last night I did 5@265, 1 @ 275 then PR 290x1, felt like butter so I did 300x1. What a great feeling.

Blu you said something upthread that was of interest to me and perhaps explains something that happened a couple years ago to me. You said hypertrophy makes you bigger and less flexible. Light went on - I was lifting small and tons of reps. My golf swing was terrible the following spring. Last winter lifted heavy for the first time in forever - golf swing awesome and best year on the course.

I am a hard gainer as I will peak at a weight then it is very hard for me to add muscle.

That's probably going to be me too.

Bring on the chocolate milk.

Ran 4 miles this morning. Felt great, also felt like I was going to die.

I am the opposite of hard gainer. Whatever that is. 25 years ago as senior in HS was ripped 6' 225. 6' 275 now. I'm big boned like Eric Cartmann.

Anyway, I benched the 2 heaviest weights in my life last night. Had been stuck on 285 and spent my last 3 sessions of bench doing 5@255, then 5@265. Last night I did 5@265, 1 @ 275 then PR 290x1, felt like butter so I did 300x1. What a great feeling.

Blu you said something upthread that was of interest to me and perhaps explains something that happened a couple years ago to me. You said hypertrophy makes you bigger and less flexible. Light went on - I was lifting small and tons of reps. My golf swing was terrible the following spring. Last winter lifted heavy for the first time in forever - golf swing awesome and best year on the course.
Good work on 3 bills

Yup, the most I ever weighed was 2 months ago before I started going back to the gym and that was 182 with a 33 inch waist now I'm 172 and a 30 inch waist. I have always been a really active guy though. Lots of hockey summer/winter, roller blading, hiking, snowboarding oh and golf and I have been involved with gyms in the past.
Let me tell you the tale of a hard gainer lol im 6'2" and once weighed 128lbs! Absolutely sad but im happily at 180 currently and still gaining with my program. It's hard for us to gain there's no doubt but it's not impossible. Some very simple steps, and trust me I know how annoying it sounds when people say it but truly we must LIFT, EAT, REST, REPEAT. Sometimes we just need to do those things a wee bit differently like eating. As a skinny guy with some digestive issues from time to time it's not easy to "just eat bro" but with some planning and knowledge I'm finding it easier than before. Gotta lift consistently too, I find if I dont lift 3 times a week and skip days I make like no progress. We also dont want to get skinny fat, imo thats the worst thing ever and worse than being fat. A skinny dude with a gut lol yikes it's awful looking. Pm me if you want any more advice or a program that I'm on but utilize the fellas here they are very knowledgeable.

Good workout tonight. 2nd and third set of squats were tougher than last time which I suppose isn't bad. Finally getting the timing better on the overhead press, and my deadlines felt pretty powerful. Felt some soreness in my right shoulder which made getting a good grip on my first few warm up sets of squats a bit more difficult.

Was going to do taco tuesday, but my wife is bringing home lasagna from her sister's, which is always good. That'll do.

Good workout tonight. 2nd and third set of squats were tougher than last time which I suppose isn't bad. Finally getting the timing better on the overhead press, and my deadlines felt pretty powerful. Felt some soreness in my right shoulder which made getting a good grip on my first few warm up sets of squats a bit more difficult.

Was going to do taco tuesday, but my wife is bringing home lasagna from her sister's, which is always good. That'll do.
Calories!!!!

Calories!!!!
MOAR CALORIES!
59115e7356da04ed79d97547dfb3e39c.jpg

Squats tonight. I brought my wheelchair

Great but frustrating workout tonight with my instructor. Great cardio work to start, followed by a lot of stability training. We then into a lot of exercises working on balance. I am finding out this is an area that I need some work in. I never thought my balance was bad, but these exercises were showing something different.

Instructor is adding some balances exercises to my individual workouts to see we can get better in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back