Oban Hashimoto - Review Thread

Did you notice any difference in feel at impact?

Did you notice any difference in feel at impact?
Not a ton. But I could sense a little bit of a kick with it. Although it is a softer flex so that could be part of it too.

Did you get the R dean?

Did you get the R dean?
Yup. It's what I got handed. Figured nobody would want to trade for it and since I don't obsess over flex I just rolled with it.

the low spin has me a little worried, but the high launch and soft tip are right up my alley. i want to hit this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tested this one out yesterday and has a very solid feel to it. Im a fan of active tipped shafts with solid feel and this fits the bill. I saw a slightly higher ball flight than with my Grandura and the look with matte black is exceptional.

Tested this one out yesterday and has a very solid feel to it. Im a fan of active tipped shafts with solid feel and this fits the bill. I saw a slightly higher ball flight than with my Grandura and the look with matte black is exceptional.

Did the higher ball flight bring more carry or less?

Did the higher ball flight bring more carry or less?

In this case it was less. But only by 1.3 yards according to FlightScope. So it really could have been just the strikes causing the change.

What was the driver set up at JB? Also I know you mentioned you like your spin around 2700 or so, did this shaft keep those numbers where you like?

Seems to be a profile that would be killer in a fairway wood also. Adding some height without increasing spin and keeping it accurate. Someone needs to tell Oban to make a few pieces in 75g!

What was the driver set up at JB? Also I know you mentioned you like your spin around 2700 or so, did this shaft keep those numbers where you like?

Driver is at 11*.
Spin ranged (according to FlightScope) from 2785 to 3004 in the 10 shots I hit.

Seems to be a profile that would be killer in a fairway wood also. Adding some height without increasing spin and keeping it accurate. Someone needs to tell Oban to make a few pieces in 75g!

I am actually debating this currently. Right now I like the PX HandCrafted I have in there, but this would make a fine looking pair.

I am actually debating this currently. Right now I like the PX HandCrafted I have in there, but this would make a fine looking pair.

For me the LZ 60 Handcrafted was a monster in the driver, but could never get the 70 dialed in on the fairway. As long as you are comfortable with the 65g weight, I think the Hashimoto could be a real cannon off the deck!

So I hit the Hashimoto for quite awhile yesterday at the range here in Austin.

Short story, I really like it. It was tough to tell distances because this range is all you can hit balls so you sort of grab them out of a trough. The balls were in pretty rough shape, and most of them were the floating type, so it is tough to tell distance, but what I did like was the height I was getting. For a guy who comes over the top on his miss and hits down on the ball, high launch low spin is pretty well what I need.

It doesn't hurt that it looks incredible paired with the Bertha head either. I am looking forward to getting it out for 18 at UT Austin Country Club tomorrow afternoon.

did you feel that little kick at impact too? That was something that stood out to me. Esp compared to my grandura.

For me the LZ 60 Handcrafted was a monster in the driver, but could never get the 70 dialed in on the fairway. As long as you are comfortable with the 65g weight, I think the Hashimoto could be a real cannon off the deck!

Ill be honest and say that I dont think 5 grams matters (65 to 70) as tolerances are close to that and its the same as taping a nickel to the shaft. Now of course everybody is different, but strictly speaking for me, I couldnt tell a difference when swing weighted properly.

did you feel that little kick at impact too? That was something that stood out to me. Esp compared to my grandura.

I did. Reminded me of the Kusala White from a couple of yeas ago.

It's so pretty.

Plugged this one into my uDesign GBB and set it to the exact same settings at my #TheGrandaddy GBB setup. Will hit them both side by side a bit today.

Plugged this one into my uDesign GBB and set it to the exact same settings at my #TheGrandaddy GBB setup. Will hit them both side by side a bit today.

You don't disappoint! Having seen your game I'll be interested to hear your thoughts!

I did. Reminded me of the Kusala White from a couple of yeas ago.

To date one of my favorite higher launching shafts. Wouldn't fit my game now though

Very nice looking shaft, love the combo with GBB and would like to see it in person and give it some swings. Looking forward to additional feedback on it.

So I hit the Hashimoto for quite awhile yesterday at the range here in Austin.

Short story, I really like it. It was tough to tell distances because this range is all you can hit balls so you sort of grab them out of a trough. The balls were in pretty rough shape, and most of them were the floating type, so it is tough to tell distance, but what I did like was the height I was getting. For a guy who comes over the top on his miss and hits down on the ball, high launch low spin is pretty well what I need.

It doesn't hurt that it looks incredible paired with the Bertha head either. I am looking forward to getting it out for 18 at UT Austin Country Club tomorrow afternoon.

Hopefully the range balls are better at the CC. Play well sir

Currently I'm hitting the Oban purple 65 03 flex in my GGB, went out on a limb and ordered the Hashimoto 65 04. I'm hoping the flex doesn't through me off much. I tend to get a little fast with the purple and push the ball left maybe a stiff will help.

Threw this in the DBD for an indoor session I have coming up Thursday. Too gorgeous not to take pictures. I love the looks of this combo.
a62f60f3904ce622d169f26506aa27a9.jpg
7d2910a56903d1eb9c82ea891907f732.jpg
aa62ec31ba19cd598aa9da8f9e313abc.jpg
4c14a2b0df2b421a38182b7bf2a6850e.jpg

Love that last picture.
Looking forward to your feedback.

Back