3 decent full shots in 18 holes

Terrible attitude at the mo, I fully expect to hit a bad shot then when I do I’m angry immediately, which obviously leads to another bad shot.

When anger gets a grip on you and you can't shake it off, you might just as well throw your bag of clubs in the car and go home.

Played in the Medal on Wednesday. Birdied the last................for a 91.

Lesson for tomorrow cancelled by the Pro - Now next Thursday. Can’t come soon enough, genuinely have no idea where the next good shot is coming from.

Amazing game. When you are ‘on it’ you can’t see how you could hit a bad shot.

can relate to this thread...was playing at 6.6 5 months ago...then bad tennis elbow hit...cant hit irons or hybrids to save my life...averaging 3 solid iron shots per round...now at 10.5 but playing more like a 15...if my short game wasn't spot on I'd be shooting low to mid 90's...frustrating to lose distance and lose confidence with a bad swing...only one thing to do, buy new clubs!

I feel your pain. Literally all the time. Earlier this year I played in the morning and again in the afternoon (different courses but the same basic difficulty). I forget the exact scores but I had over a 20 stroke difference from morning to afternoon round.

I think it's a virtue not to have any virtues...

I'm good then!

Since I consider you a friend and I know you are a Marine (no such thing as were), I lost my grandpa this week. At this point I can say it and not duck, he was a Marine. He taught me a bunch of life lessons and he was one of the good ones. Once my grandma passed about 15 years ago, I didn't stay in contact with him as much as I should have. She was the glue that held the family get togethers together. Life happens and he wasn't in good health even back then so he stopped going to the cookouts, etc.

On the way back from a round early summer I stopped in to see him. He wasn't in good shape then, but dang if he wasn't still mentally sharp. I made the mistake of calling him "sir" once, and I immediately knew his response before he even said it; "sir?? don't call me sir. I worked for a living".

Anyways, he was a good one and I thought you might get a chuckle out of that.

Back