3 decent full shots in 18 holes

Lynford

Reaction score
Handicap
From an alleged 8hcp. I really don’t care if I ever see another golf club again*

Terrible attitude at the mo, I fully expect to hit a bad shot then when I do I’m angry immediately, which obviously leads to another bad shot.

Full out thins from pegged up 3 woods & rescues, pulled drives, an 8iron hit massively fat that went about 80yds.

*Playing again tomorrow.

From an alleged 8hcp. I really don’t care if I ever see another golf club again*

Terrible attitude at the mo, I fully expect to hit a bad shot then when I do I’m angry immediately, which obviously leads to another bad shot.

Full out thins from pegged up 3 woods & rescues, pulled drives, an 8iron hit massively fat that went about 80yds.

*Playing again tomorrow.
Golf is a crazy game. You can go from a personal best one day to not being able to hit 2 decent shots in a row. But there's usually 1 shot that keeps you coming back.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

**it happens.

Think about it with a drink in hand.

Fat, thins - look at steepness of swing, weight forward, and how to change the picture, etc.

Think about what is occurring, why, and solutions.

*Playing again tomorrow.

... I love the competition between myself and the course. I think I can honestly say I have never been angry over a shot. Disappointed? Absolutely and I have certainly had bad rounds where I was completely dejected. But I have always felt the really bad rounds make the great rounds so much more satisfying. If I played great every time out I think I could get bored. But I get it, some days are really a struggle and those days can really do a number on your psyche.

*Playing again tomorrow.

Happens to all of us. I had a scramble this past weekend where I was by far the best golfer of our group. I played horrible and felt bad the entire time, because I was supposed to be the one hitting good shots and taking pressure off the others. Had one of the worst swing days of the year for it instead. Golf is crazy.

Been there done that. Golf. Is. Hard.

Golf is mental, you have to forget the last shot played. I was even thru 6 yesterday, then had a quad bogey on #7, finished the last 2 holes par, par. yes I was pissed for about 357 yards but that was the end of it.

*Playing again tomorrow.
I absolutely feel your pain!! I might have had two...TWO decent iron shots last Saturday, and even those shots ended up woefully short. I surprised myself by not getting too upset over it, even going in for lunch with the group afterwards. Just get back on that horse and ride!!

I've said this in a couple of other threads but the same thing happened to me not too long ago, I'm a 6 handicap. Shanks, thins, duffs. Golf was not fun. All of a sudden things seem to have come back and I shot my first sub 80 round in 2 months last weekend. Golf is hard!

Golf is a crazy game. You can go from a personal best one day to not being able to hit 2 decent shots in a row. But there's usually 1 shot that keeps you coming back.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

You got that right.

Serenity now! Let it go and move on. Golf is hard as mentioned previously. Sometimes you are in rhythm other times not and its not like you can play better defense in golf like other sports if your shot is not working.

I followed up my best round on the local 9 hole 2 Fridays ago to my worst on the same course yesterday.

Felt the same way today. Opening drive was the only one that even sniffed the center of the club face. A couple of wedges were the only other good shots of note. Had a few thinned irons that luckily ended up in the right place. EVerything was a struggle and nothing felt right. And I too will likely be at it again tomorrow...

Played against a guy today who had a really rough day. Snapped his driver in anger. Newsflash, it wasn’t the drivers fault, lol. I couldn’t help it, the very next tee box I told him he should probably lay up :)

My playing partner also had a pretty rough day. Lost the first 8 holes in match play, but then birdied the last hole. Ended on a good note.

Been there myself lately. Just shrug it off and give it a go tomorrow.

I'm finding confidence and the mental game play a huge part. Golf is hard and make even the best look silly sometimes.

I feel ya man, been experiencing the same sort of thing.

The season started with a round where I topped every shot..... and it is my 2nd best score of the year.

Putting is gone, irons are so hit and miss, I never know if the good or bad is going to show up. Make a birdie? Nuke the next tee shot and be in all sorts of problems.

Must be the alignment of the stars. Same happened to me. Hitting thin drivers all day. Most worked out ok, but they's ugly.

Finally lost all concentration and I couldn't even see the irons going down and thru the ball.....lost for a while.

Range next day and all was good. Makes you wonder.........................

Golf is mental, you have to forget the last shot played. I was even thru 6 yesterday, then had a quad bogey on #7, finished the last 2 holes par, par. yes I was pissed for about 357 yards but that was the end of it.

I never thought about being mad for a certain amount of yards but you are correct in the end of it. Time to put it behind you and move on. It's only a game and not some life or death struggle.

And that my friend are the joys of a high single digit HC. I am in the same boat. I can shoot anywhere from high 70s to low 90s. It is very frustrating sometimes. And there have been times I have completely lost my swing.

*Playing again tomorrow.

I did not post this thread. Lol.

I've shot anywhere from a -6 to a +30 this year. I feel your pain. Consistency is not one of my virtues. Come to think of it, I don't really have any virtues.

I did not post this thread. Lol.

I've shot anywhere from a -6 to a +30 this year. I feel your pain. Consistency is not one of my virtues. Come to think of it, I don't really have any virtues.

I think it's a virtue not to have any virtues...

Mars is closer to earth than it has been in the last 15 years. That must be the reason everyone bit it yesterday. I had my worst league round of the year by far with 2 8s and a 10.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Maybe thats why I shot a 39 for 9

... I love the competition between myself and the course. I think I can honestly say I have never been angry over a shot. Disappointed? Absolutely and I have certainly had bad rounds where I was completely dejected. But I have always felt the really bad rounds make the great rounds so much more satisfying. If I played great every time out I think I could get bored. But I get it, some days are really a struggle and those days can really do a number on your psyche.

Try doing it for decades. LOl.

Back