Oban Hashimoto - Review Thread

Love that last picture.
Looking forward to your feedback.

I think 8* is the ticket for me with the Oban

I think 8* is the ticket for me with the Oban

I'm interested to see what you think. I know we have completely different swings, but if in hitting some good drives I have a feeling you'll like it

I'm interested to see what you think. I know we have completely different swings, but if in hitting some good drives I have a feeling you'll like it

I was really hitting the ball well Saturday with it but 11* was too much loft for me. I'm excited to see if I can get the flight I want to see

Plugged this one into my uDesign GBB and set it to the exact same settings at my #TheGrandaddy GBB setup. Will hit them both side by side a bit today.
That's a sweet pair!

Threw this in the DBD for an indoor session I have coming up Thursday. Too gorgeous not to take pictures. I love the looks of this combo.
a62f60f3904ce622d169f26506aa27a9.jpg
7d2910a56903d1eb9c82ea891907f732.jpg
aa62ec31ba19cd598aa9da8f9e313abc.jpg
4c14a2b0df2b421a38182b7bf2a6850e.jpg

Man those look great Phil!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Love this picture

95344aa7eb95249273e83f17a875f1a5.jpg

I know in the podcast it said the Hashimoto would be available for upgrade on the 11th. Any word on why it's not on the website or when it will be available?

Currently I'm hitting the Oban purple 65 03 flex in my GGB, went out on a limb and ordered the Hashimoto 65 04. I'm hoping the flex doesn't through me off much. I tend to get a little fast with the purple and push the ball left maybe a stiff will help.

Anyone that received one of Hashimoto have any experience with other offerings from Oban for comparison?

Anyone that received one of Hashimoto have any experience with other offerings from Oban for comparison?

I did a driver fitting last fall and I had my shaft option narrowed down to the Oban Blue and the Tour Green. I ended up going with the tour green but it was very close. I really enjoyed what I saw from the Oban

It plays pretty similar to the white for me maybe a touch lower soon but hard to tell

Thanks Texas, I liked the white so hopefully this will be a good move.

This is the first Oban shaft I've used. I'll be comparing mine to the shaft I was fit into for The Grandaddy, Fuji Speeder 665 Evo II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the first Oban shaft I've used. I'll be comparing mine to the shaft I was fit into for The Grandaddy, Fuji Speeder 665 Evo II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Misike. The Fuji Speeder 665 Evo is a great shaft, let me know the results.

Looks like these somehow hit eBay already. Only Regular flex available and listed for $299

Looking forward to hearing thoughts from everybody.

Snow threw a monkey wrench in the plans I had this afternoon. The only range with any launch monitor data closed the second it started snowing and won't be opening until next week. I really need to get myself a device that I can use on my own.
The Oban is locked and loaded in the DBD and will be getting all of the playing time for the time being

Looking forward to hearing thoughts from everybody.

Going out on Sunday and have this guy locked and loaded in my GBB. I'm pretty excited to try it out.

Love this picture

95344aa7eb95249273e83f17a875f1a5.jpg

I actually really like the understated look of this shaft with the matte looking finish and simple graphics

Would love to give one of these a try but I somehow doubt I will see them anywhere near me

So I hit this on Wednesday at UT Country Club. I think I ended up hitting 10/14 fairways, 2 came with the 3 wood, so 8/12. This thing performed really well.

Compared to the Rogue setup, I am seeing added height, which is leading to added carry distance. The other nice thing is being that it is low spin, when I come over the top, I don't see a massive increase in spin, which means the ball stays more true to its line. That isn't to say you cannot hit a slice with this, because you absolutely can, but instead, that the misses aren't as bad. According to the Cart GPS (Take that for what it's worth) I had a few drives in the 270s, which is long for me. I am usually somewhere in the 260s, but it seems, especially down-wind, that this shaft really shines due to its increased launch.

I cannot wait to give this a further trial on Sunday back in Dallas, but early thoughts are very positive.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Received the Hashimoto 65 04 this morning and had it built out with Callaway tip and pured. I had about 15 shots with it in my GBB and 15 with my Oban 65 03 purple for comparison. I am waiting for the results to emailed to me. Over all my first thoughts were wow. I feel like I can swing away and keep control. I'm not a very long hitter in general although I had a couple reach 260 with the average around 249 all while staying fairly straight. Can't wait to take it on the course. The purple is still a pretty amazing shaft as well. Once I receive the numbers I will post.

I have had an oban locked in my bag for quite some time -- I believe they make a great shaft and expect nothing less from this thread.

Can't wait to read thoughts on a shaft I know absolutely NOTHING about!

You swing the piece of rebar pretty damn well!

Received the Hashimoto 65 04 this morning and had about it built out with Callaway tip. I had about 15 shots with it in my GBB and 15 with my Oban 65 03 purple for comparison. I am waiting for the results to emailed to me. Over all my first thoughts were wow. I feel like I can swing away and keep control. I'm not a very long hitter in general although I had a couple reach 260 with the average around 249 all while staying fairly straight. Can't wait to take it on the course. The purple is still a pretty amazing shaft as well. Once I receive the numbers I will post.

Looking forward to more about it.

Oban Hashimoto - Review Thread

The other nice thing is being that it is low spin, when I come over the top, I don't see a massive increase in spin, which means the ball stays more true to its line. That isn't to say you cannot hit a slice with this, because you absolutely can, but instead, that the misses aren't as bad.[\QUOTE]

This is exactly what I'm seeing. A bad a
Swing is a bad swing, but when you do your job this shaft performs as advertised. The high launch isn't as high and the line the ball holds is pretty impressive.

Last edited:
Nice break in the weather next week means I'll have this shaft in play a few times soon. I'll be playing golf with my dad Christmas Eve and hopefully with the Ohio group Sunday. Excited to see how it performs

I can't wait to give this a swing today during my round with Neb!

Back