God....last night was horrendous !

Last week I threw a 247-226-268 = 741 series scratch....last night....578....WTF !!

Just like golf... it is a cruel cruel sport...

Last couple of weeks have been good with a little bad.

Last week I shot a 610 (244, 210, 156)
This week 634 (145, 234, 255)

I've bumped my average up to 189, but really need to get past that 1 crappy game every week.

Bought a bag, shoes and ball for the first time ever this week. Guy is going to drill it on Tuesday. I've never used the holes before. I normally just palm it, so we'll see how it goes. I think I'm most excited about the shoes, honestly.

Last night's series a a little better. 210-168-208 = 586
The second game score does not show really how good the game should have been.
I had two 7-10 splits on what looked like beautiful pocket shots.
The anchor man on the other team had one 7-10 and a big 4 split in the same game with pocket shots.
Weird game for both of us.

Humm, ya know I'm not bowling this year so I brought balls home and put them in the closet. Well I was asked to sub next Tues. I went to drag em out & found my newest (bought Jan) ball cracked half way around, center of ball.
Heard of this happening but anyone know why it does?

Humm, ya know I'm not bowling this year so I brought balls home and put them in the closet. Well I was asked to sub next Tues. I went to drag em out & found my newest (bought Jan) ball cracked half way around, center of ball.
Heard of this happening but anyone know why it does?
You must have set it down too hard with that Bulldog strength!!! There's gotta be a warranty on that I'd hope.

I've gotten my average every game since using my new ball and shoes. Current avg. is 140 and I went 140/185/151 last week. My middle finger keeps swelling up whenever I bowl though. I can hardly bend it today. We get two free games per day, too and I want to practice, but I don't want my finger to get so jacked up that I can't swing a golf club.

Well tonight is the 1st time I've thrown a ball since April.
Subbing. So far 9/, 4 Xs, split, X

Ugly 222

I set up a work fiction for this Saturday with 20 people bowling who are all going to suck. If I break 140 I'll be happy.

We're having our work holiday party at the lanes next week..looking forward to having some fun there again.

Well I'm satisfied. 621. It was ugly but hey whatever

I've been going on and off getting ready for this fun league coming up. Struggling to break 180 lol

Struck out in the 10th for a 180 (ha), and then grinded through second and third games with a 221 and 209 for a 610. First time rolling since the spring, and with the number of 9 pins I left, I'm in mid season form.
I had to go all the way back and reread this just to make sure it happened (or that I at least posted it). I am now three weeks back to bowling...and my high game is 178. There is a caveat though...those are the first three weeks I've bowled since getting glasses for the first time.

My average to start last year was 205...and my final book average working through my elbow issue was 195. Now with glasses, I bowled a...wait for it...135-108-178 this week. 108!!! And that was not a throwaway game, I was really grinding (oh, and chopping EVERYTHING).

Before glasses, I couldn't see the arrows really, and the pins where blurry, so I really just lined up one dot left of center and looked at the 3-6 pocket and went from there. Now with glasses, I can see literally everything. Dots, arrows, pins...and I have no clue how or where to throw the ball. It's almost as though being able to see at the line makes me dizzy.

Is this just an adjustment period? Is it mental? Or do I need to drink MORE?

I had to go all the way back and reread this just to make sure it happened (or that I at least posted it). I am now three weeks back to bowling...and my high game is 178. There is a caveat though...those are the first three weeks I've bowled since getting glasses for the first time.

My average to start last year was 205...and my final book average working through my elbow issue was 195. Now with glasses, I bowled a...wait for it...135-108-178 this week. 108!!! And that was not a throwaway game, I was really grinding (oh, and chopping EVERYTHING).

Before glasses, I couldn't see the arrows really, and the pins where blurry, so I really just lined up one dot left of center and looked at the 3-6 pocket and went from there. Now with glasses, I can see literally everything. Dots, arrows, pins...and I have no clue how or where to throw the ball. It's almost as though being able to see at the line makes me dizzy.

Is this just an adjustment period? Is it mental? Or do I need to drink MORE?

Sounds like a little of all three brother! lol

You know how you're ball travels, so I'd suggest that during warm up throws, pick an arrow or a few boards left or right of an arrow and see how the ball reacts. Then, make adjustments like normal as the line starts to fade. It sounds like you're over thinking it, and let's be honest...that's a little mental, nothing a few drinks can't blur for you!

So this last Wednesday during league. I threw a 187 the 1st game, 190 in the second game (and opened in the 10th), then the 3rd game, started with a strike, 9/, strike, 9- (stupid), then 5 strikes in a row....AND opened in the 10th with a 8 split for a 214. Sweet, huh? SMH

Yeah I agree with Jay. Now that your seeing things clearly, it's inviting in you to be more technical. I say relax & throw it & then see the spot and adjust from there

Pete I think you're just seeing so well now and you're focusing on too many things. Like mentioned id pick an arrow or dot and really hammer down focusing and that little spot and before you know it, the strikes will come more than ever

Last edited:
Threw my best game ever last night. 252! We won't talk about games 2 and 3 but game 1 was a blast!

Congrats Rt. Enjoy the 1st & forget the last 2. We've all been there. Want to add: this & golf, it always amazes me how quick the good comes & go. Lol

Well last week we won the first half of our league. Woohoo!

This is the first year I have bowled competitively in like 8 years. Finding my old groove and have thrown back to back 600s (646-622). My average is a little lower then when I quit years ago but steadily climbing back up to the 200s again.

Thanks guys. I have a saying when anyone is struggling on the lanes "no more thinking, just drinking." Guess it's time to follow my own advice--the first part anyway.

Back