XCaliber Superlite Series - THP Review Thread

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
One of the new lines from Robin Arthur is the XCaliber Superlite Series shafts. The main goal of this line is to create a shaft that is very light, but yet still strong enough to maintain a consistent flex to what one might see in a heavier weight option. Will have more on this part later. As for the review, the shaft that THP received is 45 grams, which is certainly light. What is amazing about this setup is that even at this weight, it still profiles out to be a mid ballflight. Below are some in hand pictures, and I promise we will have more information when available.

i-gJHs7TD-XL.jpg

i-rVLQrjs-XL.jpg

i-Q5KDFHz-XL.jpg

i-vQxNPZL-XL.jpg

That’s promising. Not too many options like this on the market! This shaft looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Staff
Before installing the adapter, I cut to length and wanted to weigh this. It came in at 44 grams, so it is definitely light

Nice looking shaft!!!

From afar looks like a Bassara with the graphics.

That sounds like something right up my alley. I loved the 41g C.Kua but it was too high launching.

Really goos looking shaft in terms of graphics and colors. Looking forward to your review.

This is great to see. I thought Xcaliber went out of business for some reason. Maybe because Golfworks doesn't have them in the catalog and some rumor of health issues that I read somewhere. I have a couple of their shafts and thought they were a great value. I will be following this thread and look forward to more info and Ddec's review.

That is an intriguing weight for sure, and the graphics look pretty nice.

Their shafts are usually very affordable as well. Looking forward to the review.

I'm interested. Ddec, are you pairing it with a gmax head?

no sir, I don't have that one handy. But I did pair it with the regular G400, 9 degree.

I will.

And I'm going to go hard after this one this weekend.

If they can keep the ball flight down with that light of a shaft I’m way on board. That looks fantastic - eager to hear your results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the look. If he makes a 80+gram fairway shaft, I'm game.

This is great to see. I thought Xcaliber went out of business for some reason. Maybe because Golfworks doesn't have them in the catalog and some rumor of health issues that I read somewhere. I have a couple of their shafts and thought they were a great value. I will be following this thread and look forward to more info and Ddec's review.

I could not connect to their website.

I think, from reading another thread, the website is still a week away.

Speakinrhg with Robin 2 days ago, he said “we are 1-2 weeks away”. He mentioned some coding that had to be done, because he wants the user experience to be top notch.

Speakinrhg with Robin 2 days ago, he said “we are 1-2 weeks away”. He mentioned some coding that had to be done, because he wants the user experience to be top notch.
I'm sure it will be with you a GG involved. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm sure it will be with you a GG involved. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ha ha. Not us, just relaying the news. But thank you for the kind words

Ron and Cobra getting their Superlite on
a7b5926431baff52d6e3832abbf4f16b.jpg

ba3dd28aed633ac67689e17c878cfc6e.jpg

How did the shaft fare ?

How did the shaft fare ?

I'm working on putting my thoughts together from the weekend. It saw a lot of play on the range and I'll say probably 2.5 rounds on the course. The most impressive thing to me was seeing some of the big swingers take a rip with it. I would just hand it to someone and say, don't think about the weight, just put a smooth swing on it. Gunner, who might have the highest SS ever, hit a frozen rope with it that left many of us speechless.

Back