Looking for a good club fitter in Oregon

MrMom

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 9.2
It's about time for me to get a new set of irons. I'd like to go to a reputable fitter, but I'm not sure how to find one. I'm in Bend, Oregon, but would be happy to go to Eugene, Salem, or Portland for a good fitting. I've heard good things about Fiddler's Green in Eugene, but I've never been there. Anyone have any local knowledge that could help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Not much in Salem. Red tail in Portland is a rope notch fitting center and is where I would go. The Bend area is full of top notch courses though, you sure there none over there

Fiddlers has a good selection, but the people at Redtail are specifically fitters, not just floor salesman. There is also a place in Oregon City but I can’t remember the name of the guy. Tequila could give u a better answer since he lives in the metro area

I'm definitely ignorant in this realm. There are several top-notch courses in this area. Is it a safe assumption that top courses also have good fitters? I asked the guys at Tetherow about it and they've got the equipment (Trackman, outdoor bays, etc.), but they don't do Mizuno. I haven't settled on them yet, but they're definitely in my top three, and I'd like to put them up against a couple other brands. I've heard Pronghorn has a good academy. I'll give them a call to see what they have available. The Tour Van in Portland is very intriguing, and so is a round at Pumpkin Ridge! I'll definitely look into that too, along with Redtail.

I almost sent Tequila a PM, but I thought I'd cast a little wider net first. Thanks for the responses, guys.

several of the guys at Red Tail are award winning fitters. Full disclosure, that is where I got fit and got my clubs and I noticed immediate improvement in my game even prior to the lessons, I drank the kool-aid and swear by both their fitting and lessons. the course itself not so much, but for fitting? absolutely.

With that said, I have heard second hand many good things about Fiddlers as well from people I work with that used to live down there and were college golfers, so...hard to go wrong either way

Red Tail in Portland is the best place I know of.

They have the fitters others have mentioned. They also have outdoor hitting bays with Trackman. I like that because I like to see the ball fly into the air, not just rely on a monitor to tell me something. And they have virtually every release from every OEM available to hit.

One of my friends not too far from you asked me this a couple weeks ago and I told him to go to Red Tail. Best option I know of but I am sure there are some good fitters in the bend/redmond area that can be found with a little google action.

Back