What is Your favorite golf ball at each Price Point?

X.Man

Reaction score
Handicap
With so many offering from different manufacturers at MANY different price points. What's your favorite golf ball at the following price categories?? Feel free to add as many or as little

Price per Doz.

1. $10-14
2. $15-20
3. $21-30
4. $31-40
5. $40++

For me:

1. Wilson Fifty Elite
2. Srixon Soft Feel and Titleist TruSoft
3. Srixon Q-Star Tour & Snell Get Sum
4. Snell MTB
5. Bridgestone Tour B & TM TP5

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1. $10-14 top flite tours urethane cover when on sale

2. $15-20 top flit tours when not on sale

3. $21-30 vice pro soft

4. $31-40 srixon q star urethane ,last year callaway chromesoft

5. $40++ tp5 ,srixon zstar

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Only have one and that is last year's Wilson Staff Duo that I got a bunch of at 2 dozen for 20 bucks.

This should be fun. I'll go local availabity here.

1. $10-14: Nike RZN Platinum (practice) I can actually get for $8/doz

2. $15-20: Honestly, I don't really even look at this price point. Fork to throat, Callaway Supersoft?

3. $21-30: Again, I don't look at this price point. Maybe some X-outs or something.

4. $31-40: Snell MTB Red. Might dip into lower price point with bulk.

5. $40++: Callaway Chrome Soft X 2018.

1. $10-14 Bridgestone B330-RX Practice (bought 6 dozen for $62 shipped a month ago)
2. $15-20 No clue
3. $21-30 Bridgestone B330-RX
4. $31-40 Snell MTB Black
5. $40++ Titleist AVX

2. $15-20: Honestly, I don't really even look at this price point. Fork to throat, Callaway Supersoft?

Supersofts are generally in the low $20s.

Can we add a category?

0. $5-9

Budget Golf was running a closeout on Wilson Staff Duos (2015 version, I think) for $5.95/doz last year. It doesn't hurt as bad when I put 1 or 2 in the woods or a pond each round.

Supersofts are generally in the low $20s.

Can we add a category?

0. $5-9

Budget Golf was running a closeout on Wilson Staff Duos (2015 version, I think) for $5.95/doz last year. It doesn't hurt as bad when I put 1 or 2 in the woods or a pond each round.

Like I said, I really don't even look at that price point so I wouldn't know their retail price. A quick google search revealed them available at Budget Golf for $21.97-15% off THP brings it to under $19 :angel:. I just know that it's one of the few balls in my bag from outings and stuff that I don't hate, very fortunate to be able to afford premium balls myself.

Interesting question, but I've assumed that consumers buy within a particular ball quality-price range that fits their game and budget.
In other words, I do not expect that buyers of Pro V ever shop for balls which cost $20 per dozen.

Interesting question, but I've assumed that consumers buy within a particular ball quality-price range that fits their game and budget.
In other words, I do not expect that buyers of Pro V ever shop for balls which cost $20 per dozen.
I can see the argument. But most of us didn't start off playing golf playing proV's. For me if it's not even a competitive round I'm not playing the higher end balls anyways.

Price per Doz.

1. $10-14 - Not aware of any?
2. $15-20 - Callaway Warbird, but not sure if they have rebranded them recently, but I believe you can get them sub $20 a dozen.
3. $21-30 - Bridgestone e6 or Srixon Q star
4. $31-40 - Srixon Q-star tour, or '17 Chrome softs can usually be found here.
5. $40++ - Current TP5x or Chrome soft X

Transposing $ -> £

1. £10-14 = Dunlop DP1-V3 (3pc urethane)
2. £15-20 = Inesis Tour 900 (3pc urethane) / Srixon AD333 (2 piece surlyn)
3. £21-30 = Callaway ChromeSoft 2017 (3pc urethane) / Srixon AD333 Tour (3pc urethane)
4. £31-40 = Srixon Z-Star (3pc urethane)

This post is probably useless, but I am definitely answering honestly lol

Price per Doz.

1. $10-14
2. $15-20
3. $21-30
4. $31-40
5. $40++

For me:

1. I don't have a clue
2. Bridgestone B330 on clearance
3. (see above)
4. Bridgestone B330 or Titleist AVX (buy 3 get one free)
5. Bridgestone B330 or Titleist AVX

I can see the argument. But most of us didn't start off playing golf playing proV's. For me if it's not even a competitive round I'm not playing the higher end balls anyways.

So you regularly buy low , mid, and high priced balls ?

yes sir. Depends on my mood. LOL. But more often than not I'm buying that mid-range ball for most golf rounds. I'll keep Lower priced balls in the bag to mess around with or hit multiple shots when I'm playing by myself. Or even practice with. And then I'll use a higher priced balls for competitive rounds. Strange? Maybe. But I like trying out different things and seeing the differences in between balls. Could be a personal thing but that's how I roll. LOL

Price per Doz.

1. $10-14 - haven't played any
2. $15-20 - (have tried several here but can't putt them to save my life, so technically no favorites)
3. $21-30 - Callaway Super hot (especially since you get 15, and my local store sends me 20% off coupons - score!)
4. $31-40 - All time favorite, Snell MTB Black
5. $40+ - Callaway ChromeSoft TruVis

yes sir. Depends on my mood. LOL. But more often than not I'm buying that mid-range ball for most golf rounds. I'll keep Lower priced balls in the bag to mess around with or hit multiple shots when I'm playing by myself. Or even practice with. And then I'll use a higher priced balls for competitive rounds. Strange? Maybe. But I like trying out different things and seeing the differences in between balls. Could be a personal thing but that's how I roll. LOL

I don't know if it is "strange" to buy balls at a wide range of prices.
My assumption that people tend to buy-play only one tier of balls may be completely wrong.
My own style has been to stick with one ball model, simply because I figure this eliminates a variable.

I don't know if it is "strange" to buy balls at a wide range of prices.
My assumption that people tend to buy-play only one tier of balls may be completely wrong.
My own style has been to stick with one ball model, simply because I figure this eliminates a variable.

I must admit, I find it a strange thought process as well - Surely practicing with a different ball to that which you play competitive rounds is counter-productive?
If you were to practice the 40-50yd pitch with a Bridgestone e6 but then switch to a Tour B then surely you are going to see a different reaction with the ball?

The only balls that I have in my bag are the Chromesoft and Chromesoft X from both the previous and current generation and any that I find I will give to Jen as at her level it doesn't really matter at the moment what she uses

Love it man! Go with what works for you. I'm a casual golfer so I like Toying around with things. And I'm not practicing with $40+ do golf balls to put a bunch of scuff marks on them. Lol

like I said for the most part I'm gaming that mid-range ball and practicing more often than not with it. But I do carry other balls with me. Again the purpose of the post wasn't what's your gamer ball or what's your favorite. There's plenty of those posts around. This is just more of a fun posts as to what's your favorite ball at each price point.

Or better yet. If someone asks you what ball to get and they wanted to spend "x" amount. What would you recommend?

Pro V1
QStar
Duo

With so many offering from different manufacturers at MANY different price points. What's your favorite golf ball at the following price categories?? Feel free to add as many or as little

Price per Doz.

1. $10-14
2. $15-20
3. $21-30
4. $31-40
5. $40++

For me:

1. Wilson Fifty Elite
2. Srixon Soft Feel and Titleist TruSoft
3. Srixon Q-Star Tour & Snell Get Sum
4. Snell MTB
5. Bridgestone Tour B & TM TP5