Looking For Testers: LA Golf Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the golfers just like you. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, hybrids, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

LAGP-M.jpg

The Shafts
LA Golf Partners are new to the scene, but not new to the business of producing high quality products. The company acquired the assets of Matrix Shafts earlier this year and are looking to create something unique. Their goal is to have all shafts made in the USA of high quality materials and without sacrifice. Their first launch will be this line coming soon and we want you to tell us about them.

Criteria
THP will select a group of 6 THPers to test the shaft out.
You must be a THP Forum Member
You must be active on the THP community
At the end of the forum testing, the shaft is yours to keep.

LAGP1-M.jpg

Testing Process
The process will begin with a consultation to find out what the best product for you will be and that will be done through THP with the assistance John Oldenburg, their head of engineering. From there a brand new shaft will be sent your way. This is community testing and will need updates for an extended period of time (about a month or 2). Remember the only THP rules are honest feedback and the commitment to the review period. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out one of the many review threads to see how others have fared.

Signing Up
All you have to do is answer these 3 questions.

1. What shaft is in your current driver (include flex and weight)?
2. What driver are you currently playing?
3. What is your plan for shaft testing and posting should you be selected?

That's it. Then sit back and see if you get selected and we will announce the testers later this week and the consultation will begin.

Fujikura speeder 565 evolution stiff 60gram
Titleist 917 d2
A head on test on dispersion and distance, may the better shaft win and i have tried many shafts this year to give info on

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
1. What shaft is in your current driver - VA Slay 50 Regular Flex
2. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway Rogue Draw
3. What is your plan for shaft testing and posting should you be selected? Test against my current driver shaft using Shot Scope V2 to show Accuracy and Distance.

1. Current Shaft: Project X Even Flow Blue 65 Stiff (tipped 1”)

2. Current driver: Cobra King F8

3. Plan for reviewing: I will harness the data given by Cobra Connect (Arccos) to show performance on the course compared to my current shaft. I will also have almost unlimited access to a GC Quad in two weeks so I can show differences in performance between the two shafts as well (flight, distance, dispersion, spin, etc..). Living in the south allows me to review through the remainder of the year so reviewing through the winter won’t be too hard as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. What shaft is in your current driver: Matrix Reign Black G- 60T Stiff Flex 65g

2. What driver are you currently playing: Titleist 917 D3 10.5

3. What is your plan for shaft testing and posting should you be selected: I am attending Golf Academy Of America in August and will have access to Trackman on a weekly basis along with multiple rounds of golf. I will be posting loads of data about the testing process along with some cool pictures and slo-mo video to show the loading and performance of the shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
1) currently play project c evenflow blue 6.0 in 65g stiff
2) I have an M3 and Epic

3) I plan on having on course testing with videos as well as being able to get on track man to be able to show the difference between my current shaft and the LA golf shaft

Fujikura Speeder 665 Evolution 2 - Stiff 67g

Callaway XR16

Driving range independent review and comparison to current setup. On course testing and review. Rent practice bay with GC2 for hard data. Official review thread will be updated with general thoughts on appearance, feel, Etc. Dedicated long-format posts will be made for the previously mentioned 3 test scenarios.

Very cool testing opportunity!

UST Mamiya Helium Prototype 5F5 (59g)

Callaway Epic SubZero

Should I get chosen to test, I will be conducting a combination of range sessions with a SC200 and on course testing. Each session I would update the appropriate thread with some immediate thoughts with the all-encompassing, thorough review toward the back-end of the review period.

1. Aldila Rogue Max 75gm X Flex

2. 10.5 Rogue Sub Zero

3. Arccos 360 data comparing my current shaft to the test shaft. Data to include: FIR, average distance, longest distance, and dispersion

Regular round and range updates to THP forum

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1. Aldila Rogue Silver 110, 78g, XStiff
2. Callaway Rogue 10.5 -1 degree
3. Hit the range to try and dial it in and the go play some rounds at my usual courses and then hop on and let everyone know my thoughts about the shaft.

1. What shaft is in your current driver (include flex and weight)? - Mitsubishi Fubuki V 60 stiff
2. What driver are you currently playing? Rouge 10.5* (set to 11.5*)
3. What is your plan for shaft testing and posting should you be selected? I was just fit into the fubuki this spring. I am looking forward to getting one of these on a launch monitor and out on my local track to see how the rebirth of the matrix shafts matches up to the high dollar offerings from Mitsubishi.

1. What shaft is in your current driver (include flex and weight)? UST V2 Proforce Tour Xflex
2. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway Epic
3. What is your plan for shaft testing and posting should you be selected? I'll put this shaft in my Callaway and compare it to my gamer and another shaft I go between with this driver. I will report back on how it performs for me against what has been shown by the company.

I switch back and forth between the Alta 55g CB in stiff and Ping Tour X 65g

I am currently playing the Ping G LS Tec

My plan is to spend more time on the range than I have (almost none) but also to just get it out on and course and test it out. I will look to post about the shaft and experience each time I use them. Hopefully at least 2-3 times a week.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

1. I am currently playing a UST Mamiya Recoil ES 450 in R flex, 56g
2. My current driver is a Callaway Fusion 10.5 set to 11.5
3. If I am selected I plan to do extensive testing at the range to compare the 2 shafts as well as on course testing and will report the results back to the review thread. I will also try and get some time on the launch monitor at the range I regularly go to.

1. What shaft is in your current driver (include flex and weight)? Project X Evenflow Regular Flex, 65 grams.
2. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway Rouge.
3. What is your plan for shaft testing and posting should you be selected? Testing on the range and on the course against my current shaft as well as a couple other of shafts that I have for my current drive. I would be comparing distance, ball flight, dispersion and over all feel.

Curious to learn more about these!

1. What shaft is in your current driver (include flex and weight)? Diamana Whiteboard D+ 72g Stiff
2. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway XR 16
I would hit it side by side with my current setup at the beginning, notating experience and data. Then put it in play and practice for a couple of weeks to get comfortable with it and go back to side by side testing to see if there was any change. Plenty of updates while in process as well.

Thanks for the opportunity!

1. What shaft is in your current driver (include flex and weight)? 2016 Callaway Solaire standard stock graphite shaft - ladies flex and lightweight
2. What driver are you currently playing? 2016 Callaway Soalire
3. What is your plan for shaft testing and posting should you be selected? I'll be able to add a Shot Scope tag to the club with the new shaft, and be able to compare stats before and after. If there's a thread set up for this, I'll post updates every week or so. With the Shot Scope data, I can see distance gains, accuracy, and tendency of shots (left, right, center). Any changes, good or bad, would be down to the shaft since the grip and club head (and presumably me) will stay the same.

Last edited:
1. Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 Orange 73g
2. Titleist 917D2, hopefully by the time selection comes around it will be the TS2 :alien2:
3. I will put this shaft up against my current gamer in both range time & play on the course. Comparing all aspects of each multiple times, my swing vs what the company says the shaft is supposed to do.

1. What shaft is in your current driver (include flex and weight)? Evolution 665 II TS, 65g in stiff
2. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway GBB

If selected, I would hit both my current and then test setups at the range first to see if there is any visual differences that I could comment on
I would comment on what I could see in the flight, then what I could feel with the shaft through the swing and what differences, if any, to my current setup

I would also take it to my instructor as he has bays with GC2 and also a bay with GCQuad where I could get actual numbers relating to my swing

It would also then be taken out onto the course to see how it performs under a bit more pressure than just having the freedom to swing away at a range or in a bay with a launch monitor

Whoa, thank you THP and LAGOLF Shafts or this incredible testing opportunity!

Very cool that you get a consult with John Oldenburg too - getting into the right shaft is HUGE.

1. What shaft is in your current driver (include flex and weight)? KURO KAGE™SILVER DUAL CORE TiNi 60 STIFF 66 grams
2. What driver are you currently playing? PING G400 SFT
3. What is your plan for shaft testing and posting should you be selected? Tests will included head to head numbers using an SC200 on the range, comparing it performance vs other shafts and driver heads as well, also on course testing in different conditions as well, I will also have playing partners and people on the range hit the shaft head combination as well for additional feedback

1. What shaft is in your current driver (include flex and weight)? Fujikura Motore Speeder VC6.0 - Stiff - 67.0

2. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway Epic

3. What is your plan for shaft testing and posting should you be selected? I will put this shaft in my current Epic gamer and compare it with my current Speeder shaft on the range, on the course and at my neighbors simulator. I play with 3 regular friends and all have differing swings and speeds. I will put this in their hands to test as well. Photos of testing along with results and opinions will be posted.

Thanks for the opportunity.

1. Project X HZRDUS T800 6.0 55g
2. GBB Epic
3. Testing Plan: Range Testing- side by side comparison with current shaft, post my reactions as well as the raw data. On-course: I would like to play a round or two playing two balls, using both my gamer shaft and the LA offering on every tee so I could see and share live results.

Thanks for the oppurtunity, Good luck everyone!

Signing Up

PX Hzrdus Yellow Handcrafted 63g S Flex/ Synergy 60g S Flex in current Head to Head battle.

Rogue SZ 9*

Perfect timing as I am having a battle to win the spot in my driver and another option would be fantastic! I have used Ozik shafts in the past with good success. I would give it a through test on course and range against both. All results posted weekly on the forum as the battle for the spot takes place. [/QUOTE]

Last edited:
1. What shaft is in your current driver (include flex and weight)? Aldila Tour Green ATX 65 Stiff
2. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway X2Hot Pro 8.5
3. What is your plan for shaft testing and posting should you be selected? I would test numbers on the trackman at our local range and see what the difference are. The real test then, would be to take it to my regular course and hit drives with both shafts to see what the real differences on course would. I would compare what I saw on trackman to what I'm getting on course with the help of my Arccos 360. Also, my course is fairly soft, so I'd also like to see what type of roll out I would be getting as well. I would post weekly as I play a regular league each week.

Back