XCaliber Pro Series Shafts

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Designed for better players with higher swing speeds, The Pro Series shafts are further optimizing consistency, launch, and spin.

In for review is the HBL 60 in TS flex. The goal for this shaft is a low/mid launch profile with torque in the lower 3s. It's intended audience is golfers with higher swing speeds who have a medium to only slightly aggressive tempo (I'd say that fits me pretty well).

D1F79149-413A-487F-B66D-AB27D6EF7AA4-XL.jpg

9215B26A-C0B6-4D41-9083-B47C49F8E533-XL.jpg

82829460-0762-418B-91A4-881DD6B2DD6B-XL.jpg

3C6325A7-0855-4E3F-AD4F-FEA1CCDD71A4-XL.jpg

Another great looking shaft! I’ll be eager to see how this shaft does for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies on the slow start to this one, folks. I had a trip last week and wasn't able to get the shaft prepped in time.

Will be on the course with some good feedback this week, so any questions I'll gladly take out there with me.

I was able to get the XCaliber Pro Series in play this weekend and was pleasantly surprised by the results.

I think expectations for flight is going to be in the low/mid range (although I haven't done the "hey playing partner hit this" smell test yet). With about 15-20 swings on course into it, I'm not seeing much variety on flight. Probably in the 11-12 degree range with my M1 set to just below standard.

The TS flex is a nice option. I know I'm perfectly capable of swinging x with my 115-117mph swing but I love the idea of a stiff or TS shaft hanging in there and promoting launch/speed. The first couple did feel a bit softer than I am used to (coming off X and TX I am not surprised) up in the handle region, but by the time my round closed I was well in tune with the load profile and didn't feel like any shuddering or over-bending was present.

I'll look forward to getting some real numbers for the community this week. Weather has made it difficult to get the GC2 on course over the last week, but I think the next couple days will allow for it.

Feel free to ask any questions while I continue to compile thoughts on the Pro Series shaft.

Finally was able to get some numbers for the shaft. It's been in play for the last handful of rounds and I'm really seeing some nice control over the shape of the ball. The last two shafts I've spent extended time with have misses. One left, and one right. I found that the XCaliber is right in that wheel house for me. Laser straight.

So, let's take a look at what I was putting together at the range after my round yesterday. I'd say overall I was hitting it pretty good. 90-95% of what I'd say would be optimal 'best' swings.

EA19FF6A-4952-42A1-86E4-E1BC27667CE3-XL.png

Misses were a bit smoother'y and turning left. Not bad, not off the planet minus maybe one. Actually really close to that ideal 100 feet of peak height with quite a few shots and what I was seeing on course as well. That was after I moved it back to stock loft as well, so it leaves me feeling good about this shaft being in the low/mid range.

36B7BB4F-F967-4AA2-9874-BD450DDBFC39-XL.png

The spin rates are on the low end of the spectrum but not the lowest I've seen. That's probably better for a much larger collection of golfers. I had a few other golfers hit the setup as I experienced it, and you could tell the spin experienced was lower than their gamers and experience would show them in flight.

I'm pretty happy to see the descent right around or below 40 degrees as well. That's always been my target and too often I am stuck on the wrong side of it. Once again that's going to be on the lower side of the spectrum for a lot of golfers, especially those who aren't battling all that hard with spin.

TS is also a unique story. I can definitely feel the head working back and forth on the shaft when the ball is struck out towards the toe, but shuddering and junky feeling contact is few and far between. I don't know if TS represents a slightly stiffer tip profile than a traditional stiff, but I wholly welcome it as a guy always towing the line between stiff and x-stiff.

Glad to answer any additional questions and I wrap up this review for the home page.

Great review. I know this is a new model. Cant wait to get one made up. My swing speed has me in that same gap as you with the S and X.. and the TS option is better than tipping an S shaft.
Finally was able to get some numbers for the shaft. It's been in play for the last handful of rounds and I'm really seeing some nice control over the shape of the ball. The last two shafts I've spent extended time with have misses. One left, and one right. I found that the XCaliber is right in that wheel house for me. Laser straight.

So, let's take a look at what I was putting together at the range after my round yesterday. I'd say overall I was hitting it pretty good. 90-95% of what I'd say would be optimal 'best' swings.

EA19FF6A-4952-42A1-86E4-E1BC27667CE3-XL.png

Misses were a bit smoother'y and turning left. Not bad, not off the planet minus maybe one. Actually really close to that ideal 100 feet of peak height with quite a few shots and what I was seeing on course as well. That was after I moved it back to stock loft as well, so it leaves me feeling good about this shaft being in the low/mid range.

36B7BB4F-F967-4AA2-9874-BD450DDBFC39-XL.png

The spin rates are on the low end of the spectrum but not the lowest I've seen. That's probably better for a much larger collection of golfers. I had a few other golfers hit the setup as I experienced it, and you could tell the spin experienced was lower than their gamers and experience would show them in flight.

I'm pretty happy to see the descent right around or below 40 degrees as well. That's always been my target and too often I am stuck on the wrong side of it. Once again that's going to be on the lower side of the spectrum for a lot of golfers, especially those who aren't battling all that hard with spin.

TS is also a unique story. I can definitely feel the head working back and forth on the shaft when the ball is struck out towards the toe, but shuddering and junky feeling contact is few and far between. I don't know if TS represents a slightly stiffer tip profile than a traditional stiff, but I wholly welcome it as a guy always towing the line between stiff and x-stiff.

Glad to answer any additional questions and I wrap up this review for the home page.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Some really good data there.
Guessing #4 was hit a little low on the face, but otherwise, the grouping and everything else showed consistency and holding up to a faster swing

Some really good data there.
Guessing #4 was hit a little low on the face, but otherwise, the grouping and everything else showed consistency and holding up to a faster swing

If I remember correctly, I hit a couple quite high on the face (not crown worthy, but in the place where I feel like spin goes to die on the M1). Unfortunately a few didn't register I'm guessing on account of the sun glare which is why I've only got one sample to go on.

Back