Golf Dawg

Rabble-rouser
Reaction score
Handicap
28.3 Grint
I ordered a hybrid directly from Mike's Golf Shop. On 7/23 I received an email saying the club had shipped and provided a tracking number.

On 7/27, when the tracker still showed Pre-Shipment status (from 7/23 at 2:05 pm), I emailed them about the situation. Later that night, the status changed to Accepted at USPS Origin Facility as of 7/27 at 10:09 pm.

The club arrived this morning (7/31). I open it to find they sent the wrong club (stock regular shaft, not the stiff aftermarket shaft as pictured, etc.) . I always photograph my purchased items, along with the product information, to make sure I get the one I ordered. I sent another email today, with photos of what I ordered and what was sent.

Definitely low marks for attention to detail...

Last edited:
Hopefully they make things right with a quick turn around.

I can't really speak for the online store as I haven't looked at it, but I visited the brick and mortar location once 5-6 years ago and that was enough to know I'd shop elsewhere. It wasn't very organized and most of the clubs were seemingly 10-15 years old and the newer things they did have were more expensive than could be found elsewhere.

Good luck getting it all straightened out though.

I know all about Mike's. They screwed up one of my orders, claiming they "lost" my clubs. My advice is to steer clear of them.

I ordered a hybrid directly from Mike's Golf Shop. On 7/23 I received an email saying the club had shipped and provided a tracking number.

On 7/27, when the tracker still showed Pre-Shipment status (from 7/23 at 2:05 pm), I emailed them about the situation. Later that night, the status changed to Accepted at USPS Origin Facility as of 7/27 at 10:09 pm.

The club arrived this morning (7/31). I open it to find they sent the wrong club. I always photograph my purchased items, along with the product information, to make sure I get the one I ordered. I sent another email today, with photos of what I ordered and what was sent.

Definitely low marks for attention to detail...

Wouldn't it have been easier to call them instead of starting a thread? It's probably an honest mistake, and I'm sure they'll rectify it.

Wouldn't it have been easier to call them instead of starting a thread? It's probably an honest mistake, and I'm sure they'll rectify it.

I have contacted them. I thought this was a site to share experiences with others, for their future knowledge.

Sounds like a pattern, I for one appreciate letting us know if someone is a bad retailer. Too many really great folks out there to buy golf stuff from to spend hard earned money with someone who is not.

Because of all of the problems with this order, they have agreed to provide a free return label and full refund for the product. Their customer service is good and responsive.

Glad they took care of the issue quickly. With 2 bad THPer experiences, sounds like others may want to look elsewhere though.

A little slow to ship a wrong club but quick to correct the mistake. Thanks for the insight.

Because of all of the problems with this order, they have agreed to provide a free return label and full refund for the product. Their customer service is good and responsive.
:clapp::clapp::clapp: Can I go back to sleep now?

I have contacted them. I thought this was a site to share experiences with others, for their future knowledge.

It absolutely is.

Well, before I call out a retailer - virtual or brick - I attempt to resolve the situation myself because who wants to kill the rep of someone over a minor mistake. Of course, if the retailer is a scumbag, then put it to everyone's attention. Enjoy.

:clapp::clapp::clapp: Can I go back to sleep now?

Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

I’ve used Mike’s before on ebay and had no issues (no budget golf, but they all can’t be the best).

Glad that they were responsive to the error and corrected it.

As a fellow consumer, I like to hear about other people’s experiences both positive and negative - negative to avoid and positive to support a business that does it the right way.

Thanks for sharing. I've had good luck with them myself.

I've heard some good, some iffy. So I'll relate my experience.

I bought a tour only proto shaft from them online through eBay (not so sure of the tour only part, for one I could get it and for two it had to be for the LPGA as it came in Tour Stiff). After about a month of ownership the shaft snapped about 4" above the adapter. There was no abuse to it nor was there any warning, just my driver head following the ball down the fairway. This was early spring and it was about 40* out. I called them up and told them about it. They told me to initiate a return through eBay, and that they'd take care of me. I'd also asked them if I could have a different adapter placed in this one since it was going to go into one of my kids driver. They told me sure no worries. Just make a comment with the return.

I put off doing the return on eBay for a day or two because I was busy and then on the second morning after the call I had time so I did it. I came home from work that night and there was a box in the porch from them. Not only did they not wait for me to process the return, they expedited shipping, and had installed the different adapter. This was shipped out prior to me even processing the return.

I'd do business with them again any day. Hopefully they get everyone straightened out that had bad experiences. Mine was far from it and they went well above and beyond without me even asking for nor expecting it.

Back