New Member with an unusual question

Vagabondgolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Just found THP this evening, and quickly registered so I could participate. I am a golf writer, with eight books in print.
My Question: I am working on a sequel to my latest book, which is about some of the nation's most exceptional charity golf tournaments.
Can anyone recommend a charity golf tournament, or tournaments that would be worthy of inclusion in the sequel?

I am looking for events that have some history, raise significant money for worthy causes, have an unusual beneficiary, and a sizeable field (150+ participants.)

Many Thanks for any suggestions you might be able to offer!

Though I cannot provide an answer to your question, I certainly would like to welcome you to THP!

I don't have an answer for you either but Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome!

The FedEx St. Jude's Classic.

St. Jude's is one of the greatest Charities in the world for one of the most precious causes in the world. I can't think of a Charity more deserving of attention.

Welcome!

The FedEx St. Jude's Classic.

St. Jude's is one of the greatest Charities in the world for one of the most precious causes in the world. I can't think of a Charity more deserving of attention.

Thanks for this suggestion, but I should have made my initial post a bit more clear. I am looking for "grassroots" charity golf events, as opposed to PGA Tour sponsored events. However I do appreciate you reaching out!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP.

First off, Welcome to THP, secondly, there's a couple local charity events, a few at my home course that might be interesting, shoot me a pm and I'd be happy to give you more details.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Check your PM and welcome to THP

Welcome to THP. While I don't know the details, I do known in the past there have been several local charity tournaments hosted by members of the Baltimore Ravens. Former Oriole, Harold Baines hosted an annual tournament for his scholarship fund. Rumor has it, that he ended the tournaments because major league baseball restricted his ability to obtain autographed baseballs for a silent auction.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

To help answer your question. I know some guys in the golf community that take part in a tournament in Missouri that helps raise money for Cancer Research and families of those with Cancer.

www.18forelife.com

Welcome to THP!

I think the Albatross membership and it's assosiation with some great charities in the past years could be worthy of a mention too

welcome.

a suggestion:
http://www.lombardifoundation.org/vince-lombardi-golf-classic/default.aspx

The Vince Lombardi Foundation has raised > $18M for Cancer research since 1971 and has a celebrity/amateur golf event every summer.
I worked as a caddy at North Hills CC back in the early 70s and caddied in this event for 3 summers. A worthy cause and a wonderful experience for a young teen to be part of.

My home club, Boca Royale in Englewood Fl, has an annual "Semper Fi" tournament in support of injured service men. It may be a little small by your criteria but it does a great job in a small town/club.

Back