THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I think I am ranked ahead of you and I live in Missouri :p

I do! But I'm currently ranked 49th in the latest power rankings. Even behind a handful of guys that can't make it to the event.

quoting as I think someone asked earlier how teams were selected

My question is does it have to be 8 v 8? If we have more cant we raise the team limit so more can PARtake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First post updated with course info.

bouldcreek_oh.jpg
I'm so happy to see this yet so jealous they get to play this track as a THP event!! I hope you can manage a practice round and let me know what you think Josh!

My question is does it have to be 8 v 8? If we have more cant we raise the team limit so more can PARtake?

I don't think many regions will have more than 8 guys that will travel once you factor in where,cost, dates. Someone is bound to have a conflict. Also if you were to increase you would need 4-5 more as you would want to jump by 4 somes (at least imo). So that would mean anywhere from 13-15 (cushion) interested to pull off 12. I think going 8v8 provides a way for most to partake and if you don't still support your region through practice rounds and on the forum. Just my take on it (not that it is worth anything )

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't think many regions will have more than 8 guys that will travel once you factor in where,cost, dates. Someone is bound to have a conflict. Also if you were to increase you would need 4-5 more as you would want to jump by 4 somes (at least imo). So that would mean anywhere from 13-15 (cushion) interested to pull off 12. I think going 8v8 provides a way for most to partake and if you don't still support your region through practice rounds and on the forum. Just my take on it (not that it is worth anything )

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well we all know Ohio is able to field the 12 and with the increasing numbers in Michigan I think we'd be able to get there as well. Even though I think 10 v 10 wouldn't be bad as it is only 5 4somes out there.

Yes it will stay at 8 vs 8.
There are multiple reasons for that, which we cannot divulge at this time....But with updates as we get closer, things will become more clear.

Looks like I'll be making a trip up north to get a look at this course soon I hope. Even if I'm not picked. Course looks amazing.

Just watched the flyover, course looks great. Practice rounds will definitely be needed.

First post updated with course info.

bouldcreek_oh.jpg

Such a pretty hole!
Spoiler
I can't wait to Birdie it and have my partner and I go up another hole... To help team Ohio to victory! See what I did there?

Are we gonna name the teams??? Or is it just Ohio VS Michigan.

I'm so happy to see this yet so jealous they get to play this track as a THP event!! I hope you can manage a practice round and let me know what you think Josh!

It's not too late to move to Cincy in order to qualify.

I can't wait for a match to go to 18 and someone missing short of that monster ridge. The putt, which will need to be on video, will be epic!!

Don't be short of a back pin placement. May see some chipping from the putting surface. #BeenThere #ClubUp

Shocker: THP event held at another great golf course.

Looks like it will set the tone for a great series of Regional Rivalry events.

I think I am ranked ahead of you and I live in Missouri :p
But shouldn't you really be wondering on where you'd rank for the winning team instead, Shane?

Course looks amazing!!!

Shocker: THP event held at another great golf course.

Looks like it will set the tone for a great series of Regional Rivalry events.

tee-shirt is still in the mail

It's one of my favourite courses in the entire State. Just a ton of fun to play, lots of great lines, and challenging.

I look forward to playing it and being able to use my right hand this time

Much as this hurts, I gotta be honest. I owe OHIO an official retraction. What a STRONG golf course. Love the many strategic choices that will be required on nearly every hole. Great choice for this event.

I look forward to playing it and being able to use my right hand this time

Yeah, broken 441 makes Boulder a very long golf course.

If only you had a XXIO to navigate off those tee boxes...

Just from the looks of the layout it likes a course where you might hit every club in your bag at some point, I love those type of courses.

It's one of my favourite courses in the entire State. Just a ton of fun to play, lots of great lines, and challenging.

Yeah, broken 441 makes Boulder a very long golf course.

If only you had a XXIO to navigate off those tee boxes...

An XXIO would assure minimal driver then heavenwood shots on par 4's, might even get to hit a nice mid iron in which is always fun

Just from the looks of the layout it likes a course where you might hit every club in your bag at some point, I love those type of courses.
Absolutely the case.

Absolutely. It's driver on hole one, followed by a hard dogleg left that can accommodate down to an iron... Then hole three, you get the choice of smashing a draw for a half wedge, or playing short and safe.

Basically, that's the course right there. Tons of risk with big reward on quite a few of the holes.

Absolutely. It's driver on hole one, followed by a hard dogleg left that can accommodate down to an iron... Then hole three, you get the choice of smashing a draw for a half wedge, or playing short and safe.

Basically, that's the course right there. Tons of risk with big reward on quite a few of the holes.
I think I need to schedule a "business" trip up that way to check out that course

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I think I need to schedule a "business" trip up that way to check out that course

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Work is HARD up that way. You might have to put in enough 'overtime' to get in Arcadia Bluffs too.

Back