Could You Take The Challenge?

Free clubs... I guess I could manage that... :bashful:

Yes! I was actually thinking along the very same lines regarding the opportunity to win the Golden Ticket #2. If I knew in January I was going to The Grandaddy in December would I buy any new clubs? I doubt if I would.

I know I could. In the past I switched way too much, but soon realized that the improvement I was chasing was going to have to come from within not the latest clubs. That being said I have stuck with the same bag for a record setting 3 months with my current bag. I could definitely have it for a year!

I have kang's answer to this at the ready.
I know it already as well.

Let me clarify my answer a bit. If I could pick every aspect of it I have no doubt I could make it a year. If it was just "given" to me and I had no input though I would not be able to make it very long at all.

Yeah, I believe I could. It'd definitely be incentive to force myself to do so. The hardest would be at the very top (because I haven't met anything I love in terms of driver and fairway woods) and the bottom (because I love to tinker with my putting game). Otherwise, I'm perfectly happy with my hybrids, irons, and wedges and don't see them moving out of the bag anytime soon.

Question though: Am I fit into this bag, or just get to send in a selection of what's in stock? That might make a difference because I could definitely pick something that sucks for my game and keeping something like that in the bag wouldn't be much fun.

Aside from my putter, I haven't changed a club in the bag since March, and even that was Callaway replacing a damaged club (An X2Hot fairway wood) with its present generation club (an XR fairway wood).

So, yes, I think I could keep a bag the same for a year, especially given my relative happiness with my current putter.

I've gone 5 years in the past. One year isn't an issue. Only thing that changed last year was a GPS. Maybe it's more of an issue where prices are lower or the season is longer.

Yes. As hard as it would be, yes.

Tons of us THPers love our golf equipment, so here is a hypothetical.

If you were offered a free bag of clubs. 100% free and you could pick the clubs yourself, do you think you could you make it an entire year without switching to something else?
Interesting that you didn't limit it to one oem. Making it easier on people? I've heard 100x "everything but the _____".

guys he didnt say if you answer yes he will send you one, 3 pages of yes's makes me laugh

Putter would be the only difficult part for me. But in general based off what has been seen in the past...I agree with you.

Yes 100% I could I have made it almost an entire year with the clubs from the Legacy (other than the driver).

C'mon, Ron! Almost a year? Legacy was in July.

If I could have them professionally fit, without question. That way, I would know they are the best for my game.

If the expectation was that I was to keep them in the bag for a year, update and review them, or whatever it may be, yes I could do it.

Yes I could. I don't often. Current clubs 4 years old!

Yes. I don't like switching out clubs

Yes, I believe I can. I purchased a full new set this year (I know you said given). And not 1 club in my bag has changed all year. And I see myself playing the set for 2 more years at least. Unless Bridgestone releases another set, then I would be tempted.

Last edited:
Without hesitation. i don't have the latest and greatest as it is, and I know if I could have a full bag of new stuff I wouldn't touch things for several years.

Yes, most definitely. I like to have my bag set by march and I'll pretty much leave it as is through the new year.

If I could have them professionally fit, without question.
That's the key for me. I could pick something completely wrong for my game ... and to get stuck for a year would be a tough pill to swallow. So they'd stay in the bag, just probably never get swung! Sticking to the fitting characteristics Duffy gave me, I think I know what to look for in an iron, at least in terms of lie and shaft option ... but the rest of my bag, no clue as to what would best serve me for an entire year.

Brand new gear, and your choice of whatever you wanted? For sure I could make it a year without switching. I can do it with old gear, so definitely could with new gear!

This would be so simple to do for me. Joking aside from my original post, I do not change my clubs very often at all and if I was fitted for whatever clubs I chose then I don't see any reason to change for a number of years let alone one

I do love to tinker but for many years before I was on THP I wouldnt change very often.

I could do it. Easily. Pick what works for me and go with it for a year, yep.

In the past, no. But, now, I could easily do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I could. Really like my grandaddy setup and plan to game it for multiple years.
You think you could stay the same for multiple years? How many if you had to take a guess?

Back