4 months experimenting with 4 balls

mquinton1

Reaction score
Handicap
Really worked hard on testing, rotating, taking note, yardage, with 4 Balls over 90 rounds. After being told there is little difference, in distance, spin, I wanted to see for myself.

Do the results match what you see?
Calloway chrome soft
Titleist true soft
Bridgestone B330 RX
Vice Pro Soft.

Distance: Bridgestone is longer, period. A club difference on all irons, not as noticeable on the driver but still longer.
Calloway and Titleist were not distinguishable without looking at the label. Vice was 5 yards shorter than the last two.

Spin: Calloway spun the most with irons and chips, Titleist near the same, Vice very close. Bridgestone has a little less spin on irons and much more roll out on chips.

Putting: Calloway has the softest feel, Vice and Titleist next, Bridgestone is firmer with a click, (that I like).

I am guessing the softer balls may be to soft for my swing. I have settled on the B-330 RXs. It will be nice to have one ball.

What are your thoughts? How individual are these results?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That surprises me the B330RX rolled out the most since it is urethane.

I haven't played either the Titleist or Vice balls, but I played the B330RX for quite some time in the past and I also tried a Supersoft as well

In terms of feel, I absolutely hated the Supersoft, it just felt dead to me, full shots had a lot of roll-out and it had very little spin around the green, almost like the old Bridgestone e6 ball that was designed to reduce spin. I had to adjust my game for the time that I tried the Supersoft as I had to land it short and allow for the roll

The B330RX was a much better feeling ball to me, on full shots into a green it would be very close to where it landed, and I always got more reaction from it on partial shots and could be a lot more aggresive going for pins

Guess it just goes to show that nothing in golf gives the same result for different people

I haven't played either the Titleist or Vice balls, but I played the B330RX for quite some time in the past and I also tried a Supersoft as well

In terms of feel, I absolutely hated the Supersoft, it just felt dead to me, full shots had a lot of roll-out and it had very little spin around the green, almost like the old Bridgestone e6 ball that was designed to reduce spin. I had to adjust my game for the time that I tried the Supersoft as I had to land it short and allow for the roll

The B330RX was a much better feeling ball to me, on full shots into a green it would be very close to where it landed, and I always got more reaction from it on partial shots and could be a lot more aggresive going for pins

Guess it just goes to show that nothing in golf gives the same result for different people

Agree on CS, SS, like a marshmallow.. I spin the ball with irons a lot. Even the 330 backs up a foot with an 8 iron. The others twice that. And when I say more roll out, I mean a foot compared to 6"

We are all different types of players with different swings and speed - we will obtain different results.

Glad you found a ball.

My comparison was between CS and ProV1x - similar shortgame spin but was getting more distance from the CS

I like the approach you used and I may copy with a different group of balls

Really worked hard on testing, rotating, taking note, yardage, with 4 Balls over 90 rounds. After being told there is little difference, in distance, spin, I wanted to see for myself.

Do the results match what you see?
Calloway chrome soft
Titleist true soft
Bridgestone B330 RX
Vice Pro Soft.

Distance: Bridgestone is longer, period. A club difference on all irons, not as noticeable on the driver but still longer.
Calloway and Titleist were not distinguishable without looking at the label. Vice was 5 yards shorter than the last two.

Spin: Calloway spun the most with irons and chips, Titleist near the same, Vice very close. Bridgestone has a little less spin on irons and much more roll out on chips.

Putting: Calloway has the softest feel, Vice and Titleist next, Bridgestone is firmer with a click, (that I like).

I am guessing the softer balls may be to soft for my swing. I have settled on the B-330 RXs. It will be nice to have one ball.

What are your thoughts? How individual are these results?

Which Bridgestone was it?
At the beginning you mention you tested the B330 RX. But 2nd to last sentence you say RXS. 2 diff balls.

Can you clarify for us?

Thanks

4 months experimenting with 4 balls

Which Bridgestone was it?
At the beginning you mention you tested the B330 RX. But 2nd to last sentence you say RXS. 2 diff balls.

Can you clarify for us?

Thanks

B330- RX
The s was for plural

4 Balls over 90 rounds.

hold on a second. Did I read this right? your post is titled 4 months of experimenting, and you played 90 rounds? So You played 90 rounds in 120 days, or nearly 6 rounds per week?!?! Darn I'm jealous!

hold on a second. Did I read this right? your post is titled 4 months of experimenting, and you played 90 rounds? So You played 90 rounds in 120 days, or nearly 6 rounds per week?!?! Darn I'm jealous!
My back is sore just reading that ?

Yep. Retired, live in Hot Springs Viilage, Ar, 7 courses in the gated community.

For reference, i just passed 90 rounds in nearly 24 months.... i can only imagine what that level of play would do for my game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back