Better Later than Never!

AZPinger

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all,

Picked up a club for the first time at 58. My then boyfriend (now husband) came home with a set of golf clubs. Totally out of left field for me, but apparently he had played for years, and then sold his clubs before moving to be with me.

Was never interested before, but he offered to pay for a lesson or two to see if it was something I wanted to do. Why not? I was able to make contact and thought it was fun enough...and now we're sort of obsessed golfers. We watch golf every Th-Sunday, we go to the range every weekend, try to play a couple of times a month, and google a lot of golf videos!

I've only played with my hubby, and only twice have been paired with other people, which still sort of freaks me out. We'll be relocated to AZ after I retire this coming year, and I'm hoping to broaden my circle, and find some other ladies to play with, when I'm not playing with hubby.

I'm working on trying to not top it on the fairway, and have those 'blow up' holes!

It's nice to see that there are a lot of lady golfers that post here! :clapp:

Welcome to THP and welcome future Arizona resident!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome in, enjoy THP and the game of golf.

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP. I just took up golf when I retired. Luckily I found a great group of women new to golf to play with. Check out meetup and see if they have a women's golf group. Most will be very welcoming to new players. Don't worry about keeping score, play for the fun of it.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Thank you for all the lovely welcomes! I hadn't thought of a Meet-Up for a women's golf group, thanks for that idea~ I've seen online where some courses offer a women's day, and they'll send your group out with a 'mentor', and I hope to find something friendly like that in Tucson, where we're moving to. :bashful:

Omg, that's perfect! I will definitely join when I move! Thx!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to the party....

Welcome aboard!

Back