What Would you Pay for a Hole in One?

I don't think I would pay for one. I want it to be a legit ace resulting from a great swing.

Like a number of others, I would not pay, nor even want to know ahead of time, that a HIO is coming. That will/would be part of the experience, if I'm lucky enough to have it happen some day.

Speaking as someone who has gotten a hole-in-one off a terrible shot (slice right into trees with a rebound straight into the hole), it doesn't feel deserved and certainly doesn't feel the same as one earned from a terrific strike.

On top of that, paying money to get an unearned hole-in-one and then dealing with the cost of the post-round drinks for the Clubhouse, I'm going to have to double down on my no as it's a terrible investment.

Intriguing thoughts.. I hear a lot of "not earned" but also hear a lot about how lucky it is to begin with. Suffice to say, the variables in play for a hole in one are expansive, but I am continually surprised by those claiming they believe a hole in one is earned.

I know quite a few exceptionally lucky golfers who practice very little and have a few on their resume. Should the guys who practice seven days a week feel robbed at the idea of these guys "earning" their HOIs?

not sure I would pony up for it...Im cheap

I wouldn't pay for one, I have had 3.....all when I was under 20

But I would love to have another!

Intriguing thoughts.. I hear a lot of "not earned" but also hear a lot about how lucky it is to begin with. Suffice to say, the variables in play for a hole in one are expansive, but I am continually surprised by those claiming they believe a hole in one is earned.

I know quite a few exceptionally lucky golfers who practice very little and have a few on their resume. Should the guys who practice seven days a week feel robbed at the idea of these guys "earning" their HOIs?

I honestly don't see how a HIO can be "earned". As you say, there are just so many variables at play on any given tee shot into a Par 3. Perhaps for the best-of-the-best, it might have some minor part of "earned", but even for tour pros, a large bit of luck plays a part.

I would only pay money to never hit a hole in one while playing alone.

I almost did this about a month ago......one hopped the pin and the ball stopped 3 inches from the cup, if it would have gone in I would still count it.....might not be "OFFICIAL" but it's good enough in my eyes.

Everything in life has a price, but for me, no amount of money could buy a hole in one, because it would be the most amazing accomplishment earned.

I almost did this about a month ago......one hopped the pin and the ball stopped 3 inches from the cup, if it would have gone in I would still count it.....might not be "OFFICIAL" but it's good enough in my eyes.
I have almost done this as well. I rememebr hitting a 7 iron to a tucked pin about 155. Ball was tracking perfect and I am not kidding I was yelling for it NOT to go in haha.

No way, never. The idea of making it on your own is half the fun. When that ball scampers into the hole, it's something special.

Not a dime, but like Awkward Silence said I would pay to never get one while playing alone.

I wouldn't pay for it, I want to earn it.

Not one red cent. I'd rather be lucky :act-up:

JM

Nothing

I know a lot of very good golfers who have never had a hole in one, and a bunch of not so good golfers who have had one, two and even more. Sure, if you are accurate, you get more legitimate chances, but people who don't think there isn't any luck involved are nuts. The only "earned" I would go with is saying it's about time.

The first hole in one I ever saw was on TV, watching the PGA Tour. I don't remember who he was, but he hit a horrible shot that hit someone's shoe (the gallery was sitting off one side of the green), bounced towards the green and into the hole. Not earned, very lucky, but it counted just the same!

Life is all about skill and a little luck. For me, "earned" means doing it on my own. Nothing to do with practicing, amazing at golf, etc. If it happens, I've earned it. If it doesn't, oh well. It's not that complicated in my mind.

I would pay 0 American dollars to guarantee a hole in one. If it's going to come I want the spontaneous joy of experiencing it.

I wouldn't pay for one. I want one, but if it never comes, that's the way it is.

I agree. I would not pay for one. If it happens it happens, if not, it won't really matter. I've been playing since the early 70's and have seen and signed for many, but none for me, and I sleep good at night.........

Intriguing. Is a hole in one off a rock or thinned iron useless? Hardly earned.

I would take it, most epic HIO ever, sounds made up but so worth seeing in person

What ever the cost of the round is.

Back