G/Fore Sole/Cleat Durability?

Jarlaxle

Reaction score
Handicap
I am strongly considering getting a pair of the G/Fore Gallivanters but wanted to see if there was any feedback on how durable the soles/cleats are. From the reviews I have read, everyone seems to really love the shoes but I've found most reviews (including the ones I write) tend to be after just a few rounds. I am hoping to hear from people that have had them a while what their longer term experiences have been. I prefer spiked shoes because you can always put in a fresh set of spikes. I am concerned these cleats will end up wearing down over time such that you'll have to eventually replace the entire shoe.

Thanks!

Bumping up this thread. Anyone have G/Fore shoes??

I have a pair. The soles/cleat system is very durable with great traction. However, they clog up with leaves and debris constantly! Not a fall season type shoe if you don't like pulling leaves and sticks from your shoes between every shot. I recently purchased another G/Fore//Peter Millar shoe and will wear them during the spring season. They are great comfotable shoes and very stylish overall.

I've been wearing G/Fore shoes for several years. I have 4 pair I wear them both riding in a cart and walking. I have had no issue with the cleats wearing out fast. I do limit the amount of walking on cart paths but I do that no matter what shoe I am wearing. I have a stiff nylon brush that I use to clean the bottoms out because they do pick up leaves. I highly recommend the shoes!

As an update to this thread, they don’t wear down at all, but I am starting to rip off the smaller cleats on the inside/outside of the foot. Shoes still look great, I might try some of those screw in spikes to replace the traction in these high torque areas.

IMG_7669.jpeg

1708808023255.jpeg

Back