The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
White pre-Christmas!

I hope we just get rain all winter. W need moisture and lots of it, whichever we get.

We need a TON of snow in the mountains and we're getting it. I don't recall a day like today in at least 2 years, at least not in the valley.

That's a ton of snow!!!

Happy it's in the 50s here and it's only rain out there.

It was is the 60s last week! Then they started talking about this storm and it hit this time. They've missed the past 3 to 4 storms. The big issue is the second surge is going to build power and speed off the Great Salt Lake. When that happens, we can see 30" in a 24 hour period. They don't expect that this time around but no one knows. I had about 10" on my car this morning and tomorrow is supposed to be worse.

Ski Alta!

Lots love it. I hate it. I hate winter and snow so I just stay inside and hibernate.

Plus my reconstructed knee doesn't like twisting and turning like that so that's my excuse for not trying skiing ever again ?

Go from the highest of highs, to the lowest of lows. My wife's aunt is being moved to hospice today. It's going to be an emotional week for us.
Sorry just now seeing this Mike...Thoughts and Prayers out to you buddy.

My boss came to me today and told me another task was being added to my position. Another task on top of the list I already do that I don't have time nor help in doing. I have officially succumbed to the fact that I have been the captain of a ship, with absolutely no crew. This captain just jumped ship.

I officially stepped down from my position today. My health, my family, and my mental state are more important then work. It pains me to know I failed, but my family has taken a hard hit on the amount of time and stress my job has taken. I'm not fortunate enough to be able to quit, but I'm giving the reigns to someone else and becoming a "staff nurse" instead of a clinical charge nurse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My boss came to me today and told me another task was being added to my position. Another task on top of the list I already do that I don't have time nor help in doing. I have officially succumbed to the fact that I have been the captain of a ship, with absolutely no crew. This captain just jumped ship.

I officially stepped down from my position today. My health, my family, and my mental state are more important then work. It pains me to know I failed, but my family has taken a hard hit on the amount of time and stress my job has taken. I'm not fortunate enough to be able to quit, but I'm giving the reigns to someone else and becoming a "staff nurse" instead of a clinical charge nurse.

When you put yourself and your family first you've never failed. It may not seem like it now, but down the road it will be better for you.

When you put yourself and your family first you've never failed. It may not seem like it now, but down the road it will be better for you.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Our home was burglarized today. Thankfully, the dog is fine and that was my main concern, as I knew everyone else wasn't here. They broke one of the front windows, went through that, then opened the front door. Laptop, my wife's engagement ring, a pair of my nicer cuff links, a necklace my Mom gave me for baptism, all gone.

They also took our passports, which were expired, but now they have our photo and information and I anticipate will try to open credit card accounts, whatever.

Does anyone know how to prevent that from happening or at least put some extra roadblocks to make it more difficult for that to happen? I'm guessing lifelock or something like that but am open to any other suggestions.

Just kind of in shock right now. And am seething. But everyone is fine so that is most important.

Our home was burglarized today. Thankfully, the dog is fine and that was my main concern, as I knew everyone else wasn't here. They broke one of the front windows, went through that, then opened the front door. Laptop, my wife's engagement ring, a pair of my nicer cuff links, a necklace my Mom gave me for baptism, all gone.

They also took our passports, which were expired, but now they have our photo and information and I anticipate will try to open credit card accounts, whatever.

Does anyone know how to prevent that from happening or at least put some extra roadblocks to make it more difficult for that to happen? I'm guessing lifelock or something like that but am open to any other suggestions.

Just kind of in shock right now. And am seething. But everyone is fine so that is most important.

Surprised they went in with the dog, they usually would just skip over to the next house when they see that. Anybody been in the house recently?

The Official Rant of the Day

Hate hearing that. To be safe call all major credit bureaus and put s freeze on your and your wife's credit

I'm so sorry to hear this. We had this happen to us and it sucks. Best wishes and I'm glad your dog was unharmed.

Surprised they went in with the dog, they usually would just skip over to the next house when they see that. Anybody been in the house recently?

Not that we can remember. My only suspicion at this point is that this airport parking place lost our vehicle key so we made them pay for a replacement one and the owner was very shady, asking for our address. That was about 1.5 weeks ago.

I saw a white utility can outside while I was driving the kids to school in the morning, windowless. I wish I knew if it was them.

Sorry to hear that man, that's really messed up.

It pains me to know I failed...

You didn't fail. Your boss did. It sucks when you are great at your job, but the boss chooses to abuse that rather than encourage it and make it flourish. Family first. Always.

Crap crap crap crap. Wife at emergency right now, getting an ultrasound to make sure everything is ok with the baby.....

Not good.

Crap crap crap crap. Wife at emergency right now, getting an ultrasound to make sure everything is ok with the baby.....

Not good.

Damn dude hope everything's ok

Not that we can remember. My only suspicion at this point is that this airport parking place lost our vehicle key so we made them pay for a replacement one and the owner was very shady, asking for our address. That was about 1.5 weeks ago.

I saw a white utility can outside while I was driving the kids to school in the morning, windowless. I wish I knew if it was them.
That sucks dude, I know it's an awful feeling. It sucks enough losing your stuff but the violation is always said to be worse.

Not good.

Wow that is awful man. Prayers sent.

Not good.

Pulling for you and Mrs. Braddman.

Thoughts and prayers to you two!

Realizing our human limits, prioritizing the real priorities and taking control of our lives instead of accepting what others throw at us is not failing. That's a life win.

Not good.
I hope all is well. Went through this a couple of times when my wife was pregnant. Not a fun feeling at all. Hoping for the best for you, her and the baby.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

my wife has been trying to leave New York since 11am this morning, and stuck at Laguardia, apparently the sh#thole of the world for 8 hours now.

Working till 8 pm when we are slow is my rant. I have better things to do than just sit here. I could be practicing my putting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back