The Aldila Tour Shop

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
While meeting with Aldila at their HQ in Carlsbad, they were telling us about their Tour Room, and we wanted to show it to everybody here. Complete fitting and research and development with Trackman where they can work with players, heads and industry leaders that will help them create shafts.

That’s a cool setup there. Thanks for sharing!

JB already raided their marketing swag closet....JB did you raid that room too? :laughing:

• Admin
That’s a cool setup there. Thanks for sharing!

JB already raided their marketing swag closet....JB did you raid that room too? :laughing:

Haha. No sir. Although it is fun seeing the thoughts of the 5-6 guys on THP that got Rogue 130 shafts from that room : )

I smell teaser for an event.

Really cool. I see a future amazing event in the making there! :smile-big:

Yeah, im sure a group of THPers (including me) would love to have clubs built there.... !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have my attention...:D

Quick question about the Aldila name. @JB, do you know the story behind their name? Aldila in Italian means beyond, next thing, etc. Italians are also know for creating beautiful works of art. Is this close?

Pretty cool stuff. I bet any THPer would love to spend several hours in that room haha

• Admin
You have my attention...:D

Quick question about the Aldila name. @JB, do you know the story behind their name? Aldila in Italian means beyond, next thing, etc. Italians are also know for creating beautiful works of art. Is this close?

Thats a good question Vortex.
The only thing I have is that Jim Flood made his first shaft in the early 70s. He was an aeronautical engineer.
Then in the early 80s, they were the first graphite shaft in an equipment companies club.

Great info, thanks for sharing!

@Vortex

Here is the backstory.

The company name comes from the Italian aria “Aldila” that was popularized by performer Emilio Pericoli in 1962. Connie Francis and Jerry Vale also recorded it. Company founder Jim Flood used to sing that song to his wife, as well. The word loosely translates to "the next life", "the after life", “far beyond” or "above and beyond" -- depending on the context in which it’s used. Which was fitting for Flood, a former stockbroker and frequent inventor who in April of 1972 introduced graphite shafts to the golf world that had been deeply vested in steel models at the time.

@Vortex

Here is the backstory.

The company name comes from the Italian aria “Aldila” that was popularized by performer Emilio Pericoli in 1962. Connie Francis and Jerry Vale also recorded it. Company founder Jim Flood used to sing that song to his wife, as well. The word loosely translates to "the next life", "the after life", “far beyond” or "above and beyond" -- depending on the context in which it’s used. Which was fitting for Flood, a former stockbroker and frequent inventor who in April of 1972 introduced graphite shafts to the golf world that had been deeply vested in steel models at the time.

Thank you for sharing this story! I always enjoy learning this kind of information, especially when it's connected to the founder. Jim obviously has some pipes.

That’s a pretty badass room. Would be cool to get numbers for a fitting but also be able to talk to the actual designers of the shafts and get/give feedback

Thanks again for another behind the scenes view JB !

That’s a pretty badass room. Would be cool to get numbers for a fitting but also be able to talk to the actual designers of the shafts and get/give feedback

Yeah good group of guys there that we have enjoyed spending time with. Smart as can be too.

I love seeing stuff like this...don't think I'll ever get tired of the BTS, pull back the curtain, insider info kinds of stuff!

I love seeing stuff like this...don't think I'll ever get tired of the BTS, pull back the curtain, insider info kinds of stuff!

Good thing we have more coming haha.

Good thing we have more coming haha.

I try not to assume my way through life, but in this case, I'm going to assume that THP always has more of that kind of stuff on the way! :thumb:

That is so cool! JB you got killer gig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back