Magnetic Cases for Range Finders

BL

Reaction score
Handicap
Short game
I played with a guy last week who had a magnetic case that allowed him to put his rangefinder on the metal bar on the windshield of a cart. It was super convenient and I'm constantly searching for mine from shot to shot. However, I have the Bushnell hybrid and the case he had would block the display window. Anyone have any clever work around for this?

Frogger makes a great rangefinder holder that should meet your needs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Anyone have one of these? How well do they work? I'd be concerned the sleeve / magnet would stay in place, but my rangefinder will fall to the ground....

I think that’s what the guy had. It worked great. Really strong hold. Except it would block the display screen on the side of my Bushnell Hybrid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that’s what the guy had. It worked great. Really strong hold. Except it would block the display screen on the side of my Bushnell Hybrid

They come in different sizes and there’s a size chart on the site. I’m considering picking one up for my Leupold!

this is what I have (Copied @Campbell Toe) and love it other than I forgot my range finder on a cart when I was in Washington. My buddy found it the next day and mailed it to me, but that is more just me being an idiot than an issue with the strap.

They come in different sizes and there’s a size chart on the site. I’m considering picking one up for my Leupold!

this is what I have (Copied @Campbell Toe) and love it other than I forgot my range finder on a cart when I was in Washington. My buddy found it the next day and mailed it to me, but that is more just me being an idiot than an issue with the strap.

Amazon sells them...I'll give it a shot.

Amazon sells them...I'll give it a shot.

I am really happy with mine. can slap it on anywhere when I ride and I have a spot for it on my push cart when I walk. And it isn't real bulky so still fits in the pocket of my bag when the round is over.

I am really happy with mine. can slap it on anywhere when I ride and I have a spot for it on my push cart when I walk. And it isn't real bulky so still fits in the pocket of my bag when the round is over.

Solid! I have been using the cupholder or storage area of the cart...which can be a pain in the ass and has led to me leaving my RF a couple times -- luckily I've always gotten it back. Just bought one and it'll be here Friday.

You got the classic for your GX-4i2 I take it?

You got the classic for your GX-4i2 I take it?

I think it is the classic, bought it when I was in Scottsdale at PGA SS. Fits about perfect on the Leupold.

I’m not seeing one that has a hole in the side for this:
2d713ab66a842d22bbd5d61261b3e172.png

Given the unique design of the Bushnell Hybrid, am I crazy think about just Gorilla Glue some magnets to the side?

I’m not seeing one that has a hole in the side for this:
2d713ab66a842d22bbd5d61261b3e172.png

Ahhh, I could see how that would pose a problem!

One note of caution, I did see some reviewers on Amazon mentioning the magnets caused their rangefinders to produce a purple dot / interference in the viewer -- possibly due to the magnets. Could be a user-error thing, but there could be some legitimacy to that based on your rangefinder and possible magnetic interference.

Given the unique design of the Bushnell Hybrid, am I crazy think about just Gorilla Glue some magnets to the side?

Not the craziest thing, just would want to test to make sure the glue takes to the unit in a small dose before throwing it on there. Someone mentioned the frogger unit. Has a slimmer strap but you have to strap on the band to whatever you want it to connect to each time.

https://www.amazon.com/Frogger-Golf...d=1533145709&sr=8-1&keywords=frogger+magnetic

One note of caution, I did see some reviewers on Amazon mentioning the magnets caused their rangefinders to produce a purple dot / interference in the viewer -- possibly due to the magnets. Could be a user-error thing, but there could be some legitimacy to that based on your rangefinder and possible magnetic interference.

I wondered about that and if the case would protect it better than having them directly glued onto the unit. I haven't noticed anything in the few months I have had mine.

I have the monument strap for my Bushnell V.2 and it works terrific. Great purchase as I used to hang the holder on the windshield and didn't like that.

I have the monument strap for my Bushnell V.2 and it works terrific. Great purchase as I used to hang the holder on the windshield and didn't like that.

Would that not block the view of the screen on the side?

Would that not block the view of the screen on the side?

Mine doesn't have a screen on side....maybe I am mixing up models. I thought it was a V2.

Mine doesn't have a screen on side....maybe I am mixing up models. I thought it was a V2.

I meant on my Bushnell hybrid
7f3f21c8b55fa55f16e1fee867720813.png

I have the monument. It just works.

It sticks to wedges so if taking clubs away from the cart it doesn't get lost. I walk over to ball, laser distance, stick it to a club I'm not using. When I'm done it picks up with the clubs.

Anyone have one of these? How well do they work? I'd be concerned the sleeve / magnet would stay in place, but my rangefinder will fall to the ground....
I use one now, it's fallen a couple times when going over huge bumps, but on the normal driving stuff, it's quite firmly connected.

Back