Finish This Sentence .... "You know you are in for a long day when ...."

When you are late to the course and you try to start the car, only to have the key break off in the ignition. True story......

Jm

Or when you walk to the car after the round, and find your windshield just obliterated by a range ball.

Sure was glad it was the car beside mine that day LOL.

When you forgot to take your putter from the basement and put it back in your bag.

The guy you get paired with has an entire bag of hybrids.. including a PW hybrid. (Yes, it happened and it was an ugly round)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Good old Cleveland hi-bore. I had a set of them when I was first learning

Sent from HTX

When you forgot to take your putter from the basement and put it back in your bag.

I’m actually thinking of taking my putter out of the bag and adding another wedge. I putt better with my 54° than my actual putter

Sent from HTX

I’m actually thinking of taking my putter out of the bag and adding another wedge. I putt better with my 54° than my actual putter

Sent from HTX

I love chipping it to a foot and then running up and taping it in with my wedge. Makes me feel baller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When there is standing water on the fairway and your feet are soaked by the time you reach the first green.

when the guy you got paired up with runs out to the fairway to bring his ball back to try that tee shot one more time....

Literally just laughed out loud. Nice one!

When I'm chipping with my 55° only to find (after the ball runs 30 yds across the green) that I accidentally grabbed my 7 iron.

When you are the single paired in a group and quickly realize you are the best Golfer of the four. With a 25 handicap. And you're the only one playing ready Golf. And they refuse to pick up after their 16th stroke. On a Par 3. Yep.

When I'm chipping with my 55° only to find (after the ball runs 30 yds across the green) that I accidentally grabbed my 7 iron.

LOL, OMG I did this on Sunday playing 9 with my daughter!

When you get to the first green and your buddy says “dang! I left my putter in my wife’s bag. Can I borrow yours?”

So we shared putters that round....

On the second hole he says “ah shoot! I left my wedge too!”

So we shared wedges that round....
I wish I was lying. Such a long day.

..."Sundial" (yeah, that's his nickname - he stands frozen over EVERY shot for 72 seconds exactly... no waggle, no looking at the target, just 72 seconds of dead still posture before he swings away) is in your group, or in the group ahead.

The first tee shot is always a crapshoot with me, but the first approach shot usually tells the story of how the day is gonna go. If I catch it thin and it flys the first green by 20-30 yards, it’s gonna be a long day. On the other hand, if I birdie the first hole, it’s also probably gonna be my only birdie...

When there is no cold beer.

Oh Billy! And that was before I knew you’re a ‘corrections officer’ *♀️
https://youtu.be/mTWvh_QWISM

I had such a great time playing with you and Stryker.
Someday soon we should watch a Steelers-Patriots game together, Next time the steelers come to new england.

It's going to be a long day when Your a 25 and your the best player in a scramble tournament. :)

I had such a great time playing with you and Stryker.
Someday soon we should watch a Steelers-Patriots game together, Next time the steelers come to new england.

May have to figure something out in Pittsburgh.... they do play there in December....

When you can't get off the 1st tee.

You get to work thinking how long it is until 5pm to go home, and then find you can't connect to any of the data servers that you need to do your job

When the group in front of you opens their cooler and it's full of beer on the first tee.

Go to take a morning shower and the hot water is gone.
Try to start car and battery is dead. Finally get to work, get a jump at lunch and go get a new battery.
Finally at 5:30 you're at the course, almost drive a 328 yard par 4 and it take you 4 to cover the remaining 40 yards.

When you hit a beautiful Drive only to hit the next 2 shots fat....

when you are a hole behind, after finishing the 1st hole, because, the twosome you got paired up with are playing from the wrong tees.

“...when I decide to play golf.”

:)

Back