Could You Take The Challenge?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Tons of us THPers love our golf equipment, so here is a hypothetical.

If you were offered a free bag of clubs. 100% free and you could pick the clubs yourself, do you think you could you make it an entire year without switching to something else?

yep...easily as I dont switch a whole lot (see old driver in bag now)

No doubt in my mind I could make it a full year without switching.

Does this include any shafts of our choice? If totally customizable I could make it a year........

Yes. And please, try me.

Definitely! I don't change that often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No question I could. I fully intend to do that with my current set up.

Easily could take the challenge (and have). No doubt about it.

I could easily do that.

wow, that's a tough one. i do love switching gear. if i had a reason to keep everything for a full twelve months, like there was an extra prize or i felt it would be disrespectful to the sponsor to switch, then absolutely. but if i was left to my own devices, i'm not so sure...

I could absolutely do that.

Tons of us THPers love our golf equipment, so here is a hypothetical.

If you were offered a free bag of clubs. 100% free and you could pick the clubs yourself, do you think you could you make it an entire year without switching to something else?

Yes I could, though my job would make it a bit difficult. Even then I plan on playing my entire #TheGrandaddy bag all year.

I think so. It would not be easy for me, but I think I could make it work. Would definitely love to try

I could pull it off, no doubt.

absolutely, although it may be tough at times. Wedges would be very tough as I generally change them out every year.

wow, that's a tough one. i do love switching gear. if i had a reason to keep everything for a full twelve months, like there was an extra prize or i felt it would be disrespectful to the sponsor to switch, then absolutely. but if i was left to my own devices, i'm not so sure...

This is the exact answer my normal playing partner gave. I mean almost word for word.

Yes 100% I could I have made it almost an entire year with the clubs from the Legacy (other than the driver). Not a question in my mind that I could. That said I would probably still want to hit new things at the range (like I do now)

Without a doubt. Challenge away and I will prove it..haha

It'd be pretty hard in my current position. But not counting testing equipment I could give it a great run. Been overly lucky in my THP days and have been to multiple events in which I've received a full bag of clubs(only 1 was free). But throughout that process there always seems to be at least 1 club that just doesn't fit the way the others do. Whether it's a hybrid, fw, or putter.

Yep. If I had total control of all specs without having to consider cost or manufactuer. That's a no brainer.

I'm almost certain I could do this. Outside of my putter (which I'm not going to change anytime soon), the clubs in my bag have been in there for a year or more.

I will caveat this with the fact that I've tried a few things here and there in between, but while I love trying new things, I'm finding that putting together a set of clubs that works for me and sticking with those is the best for my game.

yup, I would

Most of my bag is 5 years old so without a doubt yes. Once I find something I like it stays around a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put me in the Grandaddy and I willl prove it :D - if I couldn't make it a year I would feel embarrassed to accept them in the first place

I changed irons and wedges this year but they were the first changes I had made since I won a putter about 3 years ago in the THP holiday cheer event

Back