Android Phone Thread

Anyone have experience with any of the Android watches? Thinking about asking for one for Christmas. Thanks

I actually just read a ton of reviews and went to Best Buy to check all of them out. The only thing my wife wants for Christmas is a smart watch.

IMO the winner is the Moto 360 2nd gen with the LG Urbane right behind. Unless you want to drop some serious coin and go towards Tag.

None of the watches out right now have it all. Most are coming out with 3g/4g implemented in the near future but I didn't see any firm dates. The LG Urbane 2nd edition looked to be the complete package but some sort of hardware issue made them bag the whole thing. So we'll see what happens.

I'm getting my wife the Moto 360 and having it made on Moto Maker.

I just have the Samsung G2, its Bluetooth only & it does what I want it to. Gives me notices of emails & messages, weather. I dont bother with the pedometer. Lol

Thanks all for the replies. I am still reading reviews and checking things out but I am leaning toward the Sony Smartwatch 3, it has GPS and seems to be geared toward the fitness.

I originally had thought about a FitBit but decided at would look at Android Wear instead.

I think I'm going to charge the Nexus 6 tonight, make the switch back tomorrow. This thing is killing me at this point. Need to sell it now while I can still get top dollar for it.

I think I'm going to charge the Nexus 6 tonight, make the switch back tomorrow. This thing is killing me at this point. Need to sell it now while I can still get top dollar for it.
Great Avi Buddy! Did you make the switch back yet?

2 avatars that are the exact same is no bueno like that

2 avatars that are the exact same is no bueno like that
Look closer they are not the same...

Sorry it is carry over from the NHL thread, we have fun in there

How do you guys like the update to the Google Camera? I really like how they made it so easy to go from a picture to video, so much easier than before.
That's a nice feature, but I find the camera struggles to focus now. It focuses in and then quickly becomes unfocused for some reason.

That's a nice feature, but I find the camera struggles to focus now. It focuses in and then quickly becomes unfocused for some reason.
Yeah I have noticed that also. I always just try to give it a second or two and it goes away at least for me

Any power/app/process management app recommendations?

Mr. Canadan. Tell me how you are enjoying your v10

Mr. Canadan. Tell me how you are enjoying your v10

Seriously.

He's been mum on the v10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously.

He's been mum on the v10

how am I to contemplate switching without some seriously good input

Valid point, Deano.

Dan, input is needed.

Why do you want to go away from the 6p?

Why do you want to go away from the 6p?

expandable storage and that sweet camera would be enough for me to jump. Also it would be a much cheaper option with some promo's that VZW has going on right now. No real knock on the 6p though. Lots of good things to say about it. Last week when traveling, I really got the feel for how fast this device is. Flipping through a plethora of apps while at the airport with absolutely no hesitation in the software.

So big day for me got this bad boy today

a50cda295c7fb816bc6a24faaf474c63.jpg

Done and installed, everything is working great. This only reaffirmed my position in going with a Nexus device, fast updates and great support. I doubt I will go away from the Nexus line for a very long time.

Also got these goodies today. Early Christmas presents got a great deal on Amazon for the Sony Smartwatch 3 and jumped on it.

395862bf8de2f81025d0d137a0c6bd4d.jpg

121c384cc85aad2adf2d97cde2a3ab64.jpg

So pumped to try this bad boy out.

I'm back!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm back!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Awesome dude! It has to feel amazing. We missed you around these parts

Thinking about purchasing an LG v10 phone especially with the free additional 64gb micro sdcard additional battery promo lg is running. Upgrading from a G2. Or a Samsung Galaxy S6+..decisions decisions..

Post via Taptalk

So after a few days, I'm back on Android to stay, I haven't missed my Iphone once. I wondered if I was just having some nostalgia, but my Nexus w/ Marshmallow really is just far superior to my 6s+ on IOS.

Now the only question is do I stick with the Nexus 6 or go to the 6P.

So after a few days, I'm back on Android to stay, I haven't missed my Iphone once. I wondered if I was just having some nostalgia, but my Nexus w/ Marshmallow really is just far superior to my 6s+ on IOS.

Nice man. I have heard great things about the 6P just doesn't make sense for me right now. I own my N6 and have no need to upgrade now. Why are you thinking about upgrading?

My contract is up next September/October and I'm going to try and get a 6P after Google announces the new phones. I don't need latest and greatest and I think the 6P will still be an amazing phone at probably half the current cost

Nice man. I have heard great things about the 6P just doesn't make sense for me right now. I own my N6 and have no need to upgrade now. Why are you thinking about upgrading?
Honestly because I can justify it when I sell my iPhone. I would love to have a finger print scanner again, the improved battery life would be a big bonus and better camera would be a minor bonus.

Honestly because I can justify it when I sell my iPhone. I would love to have a finger print scanner again, the improved battery life would be a big bonus and better camera would be a minor bonus.
Makes sense. The battery life on the N6 after Marshmallow has been nothing short of amazing

Back