Skechers Go Pro Golf Shoe Review

X.Man

Reaction score
Handicap
Purchased these last week and have 1 range session and 1 round with them and wanted to post some thoughts

From Skechers website:

Official shoe of pro golfer Matt Kuchar. Optimize your game like a pro wearing the Skechers GO GOLF Pro shoe. Leather upper in a lace up technical waterproof golf shoe with Softspike sole and Resalyte cushioning.
Construction

• The official golf shoe worn by pro golfer Matt Kuchar
  • Smooth premium leather upper
  • Leather and synthetic overlay trim
  • Waterproof leather design
  • Lace up pro quality advanced comfort golf shoe
  • Stitching and perforation detail
  • Lace up front
  • Soft fabric shoe lining
  • Cushioned comfort insole
  • Resalyte shock absorbing midsole
  • Advanced stability sole with Softspikes Pulsar type replaceable turf cleat design

Link to Shoes: https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style/53529/skechers-go-golf-pro-matt-kuchar-official/WNVR

53529_CCBL.jpg

53529_CCBL_B.jpg

53529_CCBL_C.jpg

53529_CCBL_D.jpg

53529_BBK.jpg

53529_BKW.jpg

53529_BRN.jpg

53529_NVGY.jpg

53529_WGBL.jpg

53529_WNVR.jpg

First let me see that like most, I have a golf shoe fetish of sorts. Although I don't purchase a lot of shoes I try on just about everything that comes out to get an initial feel for them. If the fit is good they they get purchased.

So with that said, I have always been intrigued to try these on but it was not until recently that they have sprung up at more retail locations to try on. While some stores have limited color options the shoe models remain the same.

I have been going back and forth between spike and spikeless lately. With all the rain and needing more traction I have been wearing spiked shoes for the past 3 months as opposed to spikeless. Sketchers does make this model in the Spikeless version and are call the "Go Golf Elite" . The "elite" spikeless shoes are comfortable as well but I opted for spiked version. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I grab the spikeless ones as well.

I tried these on and was taken by surprise to the comfort level and fit. The shoe wrapped my foot nicely and didn't notice and slippage during the initial "try-on". This was later confirmed at the range and on the course. But besides having a good fit the one thing that stands out with these shoes is the comfort. The only thing I bought of while trying them on was "I'm walking on clouds". They felt that soft. It could be the insert of the shoe as well as the heavily padded tongue, but these shoes are easily the most comfortable pairs of spiked shoes I have tried on. I think some may not like that "soft feel" but to me it was very welcomed and embraced. The fit runs true to size as I normally wear a 10.5-11 And opted for the 11 in the spiked. (Would go with 10.5 on spikeless as they fit a little different but I'll touch on that when I buy the spikeless)

On the range and on the course I had no slippage issues at the heal nor any issues with traction. I did notice I was "slightly" more elevated off the ground than with other spiked shoes which one would expect anyways with a spiked shoe but felt a tad higher than usual. No big deal, just an observation. I wore the shoes off the course as well and walked around with them and had no issues. They were just that comfortable and didn't mind leaving them on, where normally with spiked shoes I can't wait to take them off after a round. Continuing on the post round feel, I had no soreness, hot spots or any of that sort after my first 18 with them.

Overall just a real solid pair of shoes so far. Easily one of the most comfortable pairs of golf shoes I have ever worn. I'm real happy with my purchase and look forward to adding more thoughts as I spend more time with them, but initial impressions are promising.

Last edited:
looking forward to your thoughts. I actually like the look of them quite a bit.

Those don't look half bad!

They look even sharper in person. Caught myself checking them out a few times yesterday.

I love the navy pair, can't wait to hear how they wear long term, and the comfortability over walking 18 holes.

looking forward to your thoughts. I actually like the look of them quite a bit.

Updated post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have these in the brown and will never buy another brand of golf shoe as long as they keep making them. I LOVE these shoes.

I tried these on - very comfortable, just did not fit my foot very well. Was disappointed. These are surprisingly light weight!!

Really like the spikeless style.

I'll admit.....I was opening this thread fully expecting to see how the review of the Skechers was captured on a GoPro camera. :confused2:

Skechers Go Pro Golf Shoe Review

I'll admit.....I was opening this thread fully expecting to see how the review of the Skechers was captured on a GoPro camera. :confused2:

There should be "Golf" in between the Go and Pro in the title. Can a mod please change that?

Last edited:
You must be snooping my browser history because I was just looking at the Skecher offerings this morning. Weird.

I have these in the brown and will never buy another brand of golf shoe as long as they keep making them. I LOVE these shoes.
How have they held up so far?

How have they held up so far?
I have 4 rounds in them so far and they are getting better. Very light weight and feel good on your foot. I walked one round and they felt good to walk in. My foot did not sweat to much or anything. I have a light scuff mark on the toe but nothing to bad.

The blue and grey are very sharp!

Good thoughts bud. These do look much better than other previous offerings. Will they be in the luggage for saturday?

Good thoughts bud. These do look much better than other previous offerings. Will they be in the luggage for saturday?

Absolutely. They're so comfortable I may just drive up with them on.

Absolutely. They're so comfortable I may just drive up with them on.

anything that makes a car ride with two kids more bearable....

Had another round with these and another range session. Still no complaints. No hotspots on my feet during or post round. My Feet do not feel sore the day after which has happened in the past with some spiked shoes.

Owned a lot of Skechers shoes. Very comfortable. Only issues have been durability in some model, particularly those made from synthetic leather: sole coming loose at the toe and toe tearing through. Interesting to see if these hold up.

Owned a lot of Skechers shoes. Very comfortable. Only issues have been durability in some model, particularly those made from synthetic leather: sole coming loose at the toe and toe tearing through. Interesting to see if these hold up.

I will definitely keep this in mind as I get more time with these. Thanks for the heads up.

72 holes with these shoes. Still extremely comfortable as they were when I tired them on. Funny thing is is that I have a pair of puma brown dress sneakers that I wear almost daily to work and these are far more comfortable. 2 different uses obviously but these are easily one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes for any use I have ever worn.

I've only lost my front footing twice. Once off the tee box when I put an extremely weird swing and the other out of some coquina type dirt when I didn't dig in.

These also don't rip up the greens. They offer the right amount of traction without tearing up the course. I only say this because some spiked shoes I've worn in the past didn't do so well in that department

Wanted to post an update on the shoes.

It's been about three months since I've owned them. Countless rounds and range sessions. These are still as comfortable as day one. I can now confidently say that this is the first spiked shoe that I don't mind keeping on after a round. I know that's what spikeless shoes are for but these spiked shoes are that comfortable.

I'm going to get these cleaned up here in the next few days and have them posted so you can see the wear after 3 months. They still look great. I Believe this was an issue for some with previous model sketchers

The black ones and the white ones look real nice. Glad to see that the comfort is holding strong for you

On countless occasions I have almost picked up a pair, just because. After seeing your feedback about comfort I may need to follow through on that plan.

These look very doable for me!

Back