The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought expensive rain-x wiper blades for my car, and they are the worst wiper blades I've ever encountered. They literally make it worse and just smear everything all over the windshield. It was so bad this morning that in the sun I couldn't see a thing. WTF.

I bought expensive rain-x wiper blades for my car, and they are the worst wiper blades I've ever encountered. They literally make it worse and just smear everything all over the windshield. It was so bad this morning that in the sun I couldn't see a thing. WTF.

Glad I saw this. I'm going to need to blades soon and I was looking at some of those.

Glad I saw this. I'm going to need to blades soon and I was looking at some of those.

Yea I think the problem is that they try to apply rain-X as you use them, but it just doesn't seem to ever clear water and everything off. Im hoping auto zone takes them back so I can get just regular ones that hopefully work at that point haha.

You are MUCH further off getting Rain X washer solvent IMO.

The Official Rant of the Day

You are MUCH further off getting Rain X washer solvent IMO.

Oh I know that now haha. I've used the windshield washer fluid before and it's great. The wipers on the other hand...

Bosch Icons FTW.

Goodyear wiper blades from Costco. Best wiper blades I've ever used, they're quiet, smooth and get everything they're supposed to get.

Stalled out at light. Anytime I push the gas it stalls. Finally got it running and off the road using a trick my dad taught me but it started smoking under the hood. I think it's a belt cuz I heard a screeching noise about 30 minutes before this but didn't think anything of it.

Oh and I'm over an hour from home. On a Sunday.

Hope it's nothing major dude and no engine damage

I found out last night, a really good deputy I used to work with dropped dead of a heart attack at 50. He was a really good dude, and helped me out in numerous situations. He taught me that I'm no cowboy, and gave me one of my favorite stories from my time in law enforcement in the process. He had two young daughters, and a small town full of people who loved him. Such an awful thing.

Hate to hear that man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope it's nothing major dude and no engine damage

Hate to hear that man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a relatively minor problem. AC compressor locked up and damage the condenser too. $450 setback but I still have a car.

Door hardware is a nightmare, especially when its electrified. When it does obviously the occupants want it fixed right away and the new stuff takes time to get. Add in that my installers suck and it makes it that much worse. Every time i think I'm out of this building something else breaks.

Ordered a W/S D100 6H regular flex from RBG. When it arrived, RBG's inventory tag said "Reg" but the shaft said "S-Flex". Worked with them to send it back and get a new one. Opened this one up and guess what ... same freaking thing. Argh! Wonder if all of their "R-flex" 6H's are actually S-flex. At this point I'm this close >< to just buying a 3H on the cheap, pulling the shaft, trimming and installing myself.

WP_20160222_11_57_53_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Housing market in my area is fast and furious! There is more demand than supply and its very frustrating! Some houses I looked at the same day they were listed, were under contract before I finished looking at it. It is unreal and very frustrating! At this rate, I dont think I am ever going to find a house.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Ordered a W/S D100 6H regular flex from RBG. When it arrived, RBG's inventory tag said "Reg" but the shaft said "S-Flex". Worked with them to send it back and get a new one. Opened this one up and guess what ... same freaking thing. Argh! Wonder if all of their "R-flex" 6H's are actually S-flex. At this point I'm this close >< to just buying a 3H on the cheap, pulling the shaft, trimming and installing myself.

View attachment 23676

I would trust the shaft markings from Matrix and ignore their inventory control stickers.

I would trust the shaft markings from Matrix and ignore their inventory control stickers.
Oh definitely. It's why I'm asking for a replacement. I ordered/paid for the R-flex. Someone at RBG obviously mislabeled a whole bunch of their D100 S-flex hybrids as "Reg". Strongly leaning towards just giving up getting this sorted with RBG and getting a D100 3H in R-flex, pulling the shaft, trimming it the extra 1.5", installing it, and butt trimming to final length in the 6H head. Can get a LH 3H for cheap ... cheap enough for me to stop bothering with RBG on the issue.

Oh definitely. It's why I'm asking for a replacement. I ordered/paid for the R-flex. Someone at RBG obviously mislabeled a whole bunch of their D100 S-flex hybrids as "Reg". Strongly leaning towards just giving up getting this sorted with RBG and getting a D100 3H in R-flex, pulling the shaft, trimming it the extra 1/5" and installing it. Can get a LH 3H for cheap ... cheap enough for me to stop bothering with RBG on the issue.

Ahhhhh, was thinking you wanted a stiff. My bad.

And that's ridiculous they didn't get it right the second time around.

My wife's cousin, who we are pretty good friends with. Shattered his femur last night. I'm going to see him this afternoon before he has surgery.

Just what you want to be thinking about on your birthday. The loss of a coworker and a friend in excruciating pain, realizing his life will never be the same. I'm not usually one to get hung up on things. But I just can't shake the solemn mood today.

Ahhhhh, was thinking you wanted a stiff. My bad.

And that's ridiculous they didn't get it right the second time around.
I wish! I have a wimpy swing though. :beat-up:

Yeah, I'm not particularly pleased with them right now. I had a feeling it was going to be the case before I opened the box, but I sure was annoyed when I opened it up and saw it. One time I wouldn't have minded being wrong. Oh well!

Housing market in my area is fast and furious! There is more demand than supply and its very frustrating! Some houses I looked at the same day they were listed, were under contract before I finished looking at it. It is unreal and very frustrating! At this rate, I dont think I am ever going to find a house.

Sounds like you're in Utah! It's the same way here right now. Prices through the roof and any decent house is gone in 24 hours. Just finishing up my real estate courses right now and hoping to jump in

Sounds like you're in Utah! It's the same way here right now. Prices through the roof and any decent house is gone in 24 hours. Just finishing up my real estate courses right now and hoping to jump in
If I had the money, I would be flipping houses on the side. Very lucrative in my area right now.

If I had the money, I would be flipping houses on the side. Very lucrative in my area right now.

The friends I knew that did it during the last boom were very successful until that one house came along that they lost their ass on and essentially wiped out all the side projects profits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The friends I knew that did it during the last boom were very successful until that one house came along that they lost their ass on and essentially wiped out all the side projects profits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup its a killer. Happens to just about everybody I know that has done it.
Inventory is low everywhere right now, which drives prices up on subpar inventory or below average inventory.

We cant be that far from another recession, Im convinced of it.

Our mortgage got transferred to a new company and it's due on the 1st. I haven't received anything from the new company so I am trying to call them to figure out how to pay them so we aren't late, since we normally do automatic payments and the letter clearly states all payments after the transfer (which is before our auto draft comes out) will not go through.

I waited 22 minutes on hold for them to tell me they can't tell me anything until the loan actually transfers on the 1st. But that I shouldn't worry because there is a 60 day grace period during these transfers where I will not be assessed any late fees or have any negative credit reporting. I sure hope she is right.

Our mortgage got transferred to a new company and it's due on the 1st. I haven't received anything from the new company so I am trying to call them to figure out how to pay them so we aren't late, since we normally do automatic payments and the letter clearly states all payments after the transfer (which is before our auto draft comes out) will not go through.

I waited 22 minutes on hold for them to tell me they can't tell me anything until the loan actually transfers on the 1st. But that I shouldn't worry because there is a 60 day grace period during these transfers where I will not be assessed any late fees or have any negative credit reporting. I sure hope she is right.
This exact same thing happened to us a few months ago. They got our auto pay setup and we had no issue

Big corporations and a few big investors from Russia and Germany are buying up everything as soon as they go on market. From what I've heard they are instructed to but houses under the $350K price the day of, sight unseen. This is burying the "on the side" guys which are missing out on everything. It's just crazy in DFW now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back