Favorite Finishing Holes

I am amazed at the love for 18 at Augusta. That hole is underwhelming to me.

I vote Pebble or Bay Hill

I voted for it because there's always great drama on that hole on Sunday. It has just enough trouble that the leader can blow it and it's just accessible enough the two or three great shots can lead to birdie. That makes it an awesome final hole for tourney play in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the finish at True Blue. Tons of fun to navigate 16/17/18 there. Also, my home course features 16-17-18 what is called "Arnie's Revenge" (or the Trifucta depending on which member you play with haha) that challenge all golfers and can dictate the success of a round. It's a big part of why I enjoy playing there 75 times a year.

I'd have to put some thoughts on finishes on tour... Maybe Sawgrass though.

Augusta, Pebble, Doral, Bay Hill, Riviera

I like the finishing holes at Quail Hollow a lot. I would throw 16 - 18 at Augusta in there just because of the drama that can unfold. The final 2 holes at East Lake have underwhelmed a lot of people, but I kind of liked the setup and wonder how much more excitement it will bring when the nines are reversed. As far as courses I have actually played, I would have to say the last 3 of the Atlanta Athletic Club are quite a finish.

on tour i would say pebble 18, sawgrass 18, merion 18, harbour town 18, and i guess st andrews 18 because of the swilcan bridge.

in person, i found 18 at augusta to be very underwhelming. on tv they make it look long and like shooting the gap is difficult. but in person i wouldn't be scared of that shot. as a side note, the most disappointing hole for me when i went to augusta was 16. it was a throwaway after-thought par 3. and in person i think 18 at bayhill is much easier than tv makes it look. i guess when they really push the tees back it's different, but playing as an amateur from the correct set of tees it's very easy.

Sawgrass and Riviera are the first 2 that pop into my head when I think of great finishing holes on the PGA Tour. Doral is also worth mentioning. Augusta because the Masters is on the line, so that gets extra pops just for that.

I couldn't imagine standing on the 18th tee tied for the lead on Sunday facing the tee shot at Sawgrass. What a demanding shot. $1000 bucks says I'd snap hook the crap out of the ball right into the drink!

18th at Torrey Pines South, PGA National, RTJ Grand Links 18 is crazy tough. Wish they had to play that in the Barbasol.

On tour for me it is 18th at TPC Sawgrass, Harbor Town and Doral; must see television on a Sunday. Of courses I've played, Kapalua and TPC Las Vegas 18th's were my two favorites.

I thought it said favorite fishing holes and I was like I am not giving away my good spots. I favorite golf hole to end a tourney is torrey pines. Reachable par 5 and always seems to come down the last hole for this event.

While the 18th at Torrey South is good for drama it has one of the most out of place water hazards compared to the rest of the course.

sawgrass was the first that popped into my head along with PGa national.

I will always love a par 5 finish though

From the courses that I've played and come immediately to mind: True Blue, Caledonia, Links Course at RTJ Grand National, St. Andrews, Carnoustie, Whistling Straits

There wasn't a good place to miss that green at RTJ, was there?

I'm biased toward Bay Hill's 18th since I've been fortunate enough to play there. 17 and 18 at The Old Course are also favorites..Road Hole and Swilcan Bridge plus the Valley of Sin. Pebble, Harbour Town, and Quail Hollow are good as well and I like the 18th at Augusta in a tight race.

18th at Inverness in Toledo - short hole (360 yards if I remember correctly) but absolutely diabolical. Forecaddied for pros in the '86 PGA practice rounds and watched them try to play that hole dozens of different ways.

Has to be Sawgrass or the Old Course for me. Very different finishing holes, but they're both darn near perfect to me.

It also seems like every course on the Florida swing can make a claim for this as well.

With Florida being so flat they have to dig a bunch of ponds just to get enough dirt to make the course interesting which leads to good drama with water.

There wasn't a good place to miss that green at RTJ, was there?

I'm biased toward Bay Hill's 18th since I've been fortunate enough to play there. 17 and 18 at The Old Course are also favorites..Road Hole and Swilcan Bridge plus the Valley of Sin. Pebble, Harbour Town, and Quail Hollow are good as well and I like the 18th at Augusta in a tight race.

A little room to work with at RTJ but like you said there is no easy up and down if you miss the green. An intimidating tee and approach shot.

I can't disagree with any of these.
My personal favorite is 15-18 at Carnoustie.
Each hole is a great test with the last two crossing Barry Burn 5 times.
Love that place.

Back