The 2015 Grandaddy Recap Thread - Thanks For The Memories

Who says you need to be playing golf to have things to post about. Maybe I just love this event too much. Maybe I'm out of line to think staying around and talking about being treated like a freaking tour star is too much to ask for. Glad the guys that are here and that have been here are jumping in on the talk. I could talk Grandaddy all day every day

c61c2de902cd66956d72dc8b2ac60dc8.jpg

9edccfb45892ef8363299ce086c33d0c.jpg

37b3abd4a3dfd3263a0222ab9342b0a3.jpg

06538af64fc14552498c5b935f9132f8.jpg

These are a few of my favorite things...

Man this brings up so much great times from my time out there. I can't believe Phil and I didn't talk more about this over the weekend but we knew.

This event truly changes your life. Being apart of the first one that started it all is truly special and it the best week of my life. I still can't put into words how much I appreciated everything, even if I only got to hit 10 balls for my fitting, truly a chance of a lifetime. So glad so many others get to enjoy and know the truth of what it's like to be treated like a star.

Now I want a cosmopolitan ice cream sandwich covered on peanut butter

Hey Phil- I still have a dozen Proto Chrome Softs left

Absolutely. I tweeted Finley and Harry today just to say thanks again. I feel like I can't thank everyone enough. I cleaned my clubs yesterday after a pretty muddy round and MrsV even said "man you weren't even that careful with our children as newborns"

No worries, I've heard that kids are resilient.

The answer is now... the banquet beer thread photo brought me back in and took me back. Reminds me of the first bus ride and getting to chat up Ethan who is a very cool dude... even with that dog-ass-Mets vanity belt... man if that bus pulled up right now I would hop on no questions asked

Ethan is awesome!

Another ball mark with the magnetic center since I left my 2 and THP divot tool in a hotel room.

I'll bring the marker for you.

I could really go for a breakfast slider this morning... Or 5.

the sweet swing of Rallo

Hideaway, sweet gear and swag, awesome people.... and that belt! WE WANT THE BELT!

It's been a while since anyone has said it.....

#FYF

It's been a while since anyone has said it.....

#FYF

Oh Rallo.
Anybody that comes with the line Eff Your Face out of nowhere is just awesome.

Oh Rallo.
Anybody that comes with the line Eff Your Face out of nowhere is just awesome.
I don't know if awesome is the word, but FYF was probably the last semi-coherent sentence fragment that I uttered that night.

I remember when the tour of callaway was over and Colin was marveling over an OU odyssey putter on Steven' desk. Steve told him to keep it and Colin was so happy/misty eyed that it really made an impression on me. Such cool dudes.

I'll take 5 breakfast sliders and 5 blueberry vodkas please. Strolling through the thread today makes me smile.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if awesome is the word, but FYF was probably the last semi-coherent sentence fragment that I uttered that night.

I remember when the tour of callaway was over and Colin was marveling over an OU odyssey putter on Steven' desk. Steve told him to keep it and Colin was so happy/misty eyed that it really made an impression on me. Such cool dudes.

Hey now! I was showing neb and he was the one misty eyed about it when Steven gave it to him. If it was UofA I woulda been all over it! Go cats!

The 2015 Grandaddy Recap Thread - Thanks For The Memories

8b817e6e45347077074c7933cddeff37.jpg

Is Phil photobombing us? Or does the Porsche have the last laugh?

Last edited:
54d8b263eeda37d9c63643bbc0ab3028.jpg

Everyday when I get dressed in my closet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My clubs have moved from my man cave to my car! Thats big this time of year. That means its time for me to get out and start hitting balls on a regular basis. Its funny i had a pretty cool flashback this morning. As i was walking my clubs to my trunk this morning i could hear the irons clatter a little bit and that sound took me back to the first time i carried my bag from the cart to the range at Hideaway. I honestly got goosebumps. I dont know if i have a single item that I own that means as much to me as my golfbag does right now and i couldnt be more thankful. Thankful to THP, thankful to Callaway....but mostly thankful that i was able to share this experience with you 11 other teammates

I found my locker nameplate yesterday. I thought I had lost it. Turns out it was it was in my box of tees in my golf bag. Felt good to see that thing again.

I found my locker nameplate yesterday. I thought I had lost it. Turns out it was it was in my box of tees in my golf bag. Felt good to see that thing again.

Mine sits on my desk at work. Just a simple reminder of the greatest week in golf history.

Ya i think that nameplate is the perfect item to symbolize the entire week

might be time to shadow box some of the items from this awesome trip. I've never done one, but it can't be that hard right?

might be time to shadow box some of the items from this awesome trip. I've never done one, but it can't be that hard right?
MrsV is pretty good at that stuff. Let me know if you want her to do one for you. You just send me the stuff you want in it and we can take care of the rest and have it sent back. Shes done two awesome ones for our boys when they were born

Did someone say reunion?
Would'nt that be a cool idea?

Get the grandaddy teams together and just talk about this awesome event?

Back